Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter director Marco Branca has confirmed that the club are keen to bring former player Ronaldo back to the San Siro.

"We are very interested in the Brazilian, we have always thought that he is the greatest," Branca said of the Real Madrid striker.

"(A transfer) is a real possibility. He is a true son of Inter."

Ronaldo has, however, confirmed in the past that he is happy in Madrid.

Inter's dream would appear to be a Ronaldo-Adriano partnership as they are in negotiations with Parma to secure the services of the latter.

Looks like Inter wants a Ronaldo-Adriano partnership and have decided to get rid of Vieri. Branca even was quoted as saying today, "Vieri will remain at Inter....for now." I know Roma don't have the cash and that piece of crap Chelsea owner does, but I have this gut feeling Vieri will be a Giallorosso next season. I may sound crazy, but I have read many Totti quotes saying how when playing for the Azzurri, he and Vieri often talk about how it would be if they played together at Roma. Vieri has played for Juve, Inter, and lazio....the logical step would be Roma. I think he is the missing element to a perfect Roma. I hope and pray this happens. If you enjoyed the Batistuta arrival, imagine Vieri in the giallorosso shirt. Totti and Cassano would feed him 25 goals easily.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Imagine Vieri at Roma

we would have the Italian tridente :D The only problem is Roma dont have money and Vieri is 31 next season

Of course Inter would probably want Emerson in exchange, and you know what, I wouldnt mind that, then we can buy Sergio Volpi :eek: :D Nah I dont really want to sell Emerson, but if we do, Volpi would be a great replacement if Samp would be willing to sell him... or if he would be willing to leave!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Imagine Capello taking care of Vieri and Cassano:eek: ,Well at least he could be sent to the Vatican to go to confession.:tongue:

·
International
6,519 Posts
eugenius said:
...Van Nistelrooij ?
Yes, he really is young. He'll be 22 next year :rolleyes: :sleepy:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Vieri would be amazing for Roma. He still has much to give and with him Roma would be a competive team both in Europe and Italy. As I can see Roma needs a striker like him.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Maybe the fact that our leading scorer by far is our playmaker and that none out of Carew, Cassano and Montella have more than 5 goals in Seria A will explain it to you, Boomer.;)

Personally I think we should forget Vieri and look for a cheaper and younger option. Not really original, is it?;)
Our financial situation is bad, no way we will be able to collect the money for Vieri unless we slump way down along the way to the bancrupcy. We don't need him so much to risk that.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
You have to be pretty dumb to get Carew for eight million euros while you could get players like Luís Fabiano or Cavenaghi with this money.

How do you guys rate Kluivert?

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
I really dislike Kluivert, especially after that whole rape episode. If we could get Cavenaghi for €8million, well, that would be something else since this guy is the new Batistuta, imo..

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
We need to sign a name. Simple as that. If we constantly sign these promising guys, we turn into a side like parma or lazio. We should aim for a big name per summer, and probably some cheap youngsters for back-ups.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Vieri's future lies with Roma or Chelsea

Christian Vieri's future is still unclear as Barcelona is the latest team to have given up on signing the strong Italian striker, due to his high wage demands.

The only realistic suitors remain Roma and Chelsea with the latter being at an advantage due to their healthy financial situation.

Roma on the other hand can exchange Montella and Emerson for Inter's striker so to be able to have Vieri playing alongside Totti and Cassano.

·
International
6,519 Posts
So you're willing to give Emerson for Vieri ??:confused: :eek:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I don't want any x-laziali and x-juventini playing for us...

...which leads me to a little trivia question: :D

"Who was the last player that directly was traded from juve to Roma?"

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Emerson should be worth at least as much as Vieri on today's market, considering their respective ages. To add Montella in the swap will make the deal really in Inter's favor IMO. And I have the feeling that Vieri's wage demands will be too high for su anyway. Vieri's getting old too, he may well prove to be another Batistuta and we'll lose our best DM and striker for a player with one good season left and a huge salary to pay for the next 3.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts