Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MILAN, May 19 (AFP)
Ronaldo and Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti have both confirmed the Brazilian striker will be staying at the Italian club, ANSA news agency reported here on Sunday.
"I feel fine at Milan and I want to stay there until the end of my contract in 2006," Ronaldo told ANSA from Barcelona where Brazil have been warming-up for their World Cup campaign./p
Moratti claims he has never intended to sell the 25-year-old with the battle-scarred knees who appears to have returned to fitness in time to play a role in Brazil's World Cup challenge.
Inter Milan have reportedly turned down offers from Ronaldo's former club Barcelona, Champions League winners Real Madrid and English giants Manchester United.
Twice named FIFA World Footballer of the Year by the time he was 21, Ronaldo has spent four injury-ravaged seasons at Inter since Brazil lost 3-0 to France in the World Cup final in 1998.
Whan a late slump saw Inter Milan allow the league title to slip through their fingers this season, Moratti blamed the players. This and reports claiming Ronaldo was unhappy with his salary, prompted speculation he would be sold.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts