Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ronaldo: I want to play for Sporting Lisbon again

Manchester United ace Cristiano Ronaldo admits he would like to play for former club Sporting Lisbon again.

Ronaldo said: "Sporting has a great team, a great trainer and all the conditions to be victorious.

"I cannot hide my emotional links to Sporting. For seven years they were very important in my life and I admire greatly the club and the people.

"I will not close the doors. They have always treated me positively. Sporting was key in my growth in all aspects. They gave me everything to be able to be the player who everyone knows today. Nobody knows the future and who knows if, one day, I will be able to come back to play for Sporting?"

http://www.asianhandicap.com/default.asp?Page=SoccerNews&NewsId=468

Good to know he never forgets where he came from :thumbsup:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Vidic15 said:
Ronaldo: I want to play for Sporting Lisbon again

Manchester United ace Cristiano Ronaldo admits he would like to play for former club Sporting Lisbon again.

Ronaldo said: "Sporting has a great team, a great trainer and all the conditions to be victorious.

"I cannot hide my emotional links to Sporting. For seven years they were very important in my life and I admire greatly the club and the people.

"I will not close the doors. They have always treated me positively. Sporting was key in my growth in all aspects. They gave me everything to be able to be the player who everyone knows today. Nobody knows the future and who knows if, one day, I will be able to come back to play for Sporting?"

http://www.asianhandicap.com/default.asp?Page=SoccerNews&NewsId=468

Good to know he never forgets where he came from :thumbsup:
Yes, let's just hope he doesn't end up being an ungrateful d*ck like Figo.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Filipe Reis said:
Yes, let's just hope he doesn't end up being an ungrateful d*ck like Figo.
You mean smart enough to realize that would've been a dumb move. :howler:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
You mean smart enough to realize that would've been a dumb move. :howler:
No, I don't mean that but it doesn't matter what I mean because I don't discuss about players with fanboys.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Ungrateful to who? Figo is a professional who has a right to move to any club he wants. While he is at each club, he gives his 100%. That's all that counts. You can't fault him for what today's football has become; a professional occupation.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Curva Nord INTER said:
Ungrateful to who? Figo is a professional who has a right to move to any club he wants. While he is at each club, he gives his 100%. That's all that counts. You can't fault him for what today's football has become; a professional occupation.
That's better. Next time try to write your opinion instead of trolling and you'll not see your posts deleted.

The reason why I called Figo an ungrateful d*ck is mainly linked with the fact that in spite he always claimed that one day he wanted to end his career with us I firmly believe he never really had that intention because he simply is a clear example of the mercenary type of players that unfortunately are more the rule than the exception in "modern" football. He showed it more than once in his career that much more than the club and the shirt he wears what he really loves is fame and his cheque book.

Am I naive to think that gratitude is more important than finishing his career in Saudi Arabia to be able to buy a few more houses or cars? OK, then call me naive. It's your right. As it is my right to call him what he is.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Figo has agreed to go to Saudi Arabia for footballing decisions, surely it has nothing to do with money. This is a man of prestige and honour. :thumbsup: Like PdC.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
Figo has agreed to go to Saudi Arabia for footballing decisions, surely it has nothing to do with money. This is a man of prestige and honour. :thumbsup: Like PdC.
:dielaugh: fine piece of irony :thumbsup:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
I agree..and there is still chance he might stay at Inter..it all depends on how he feels...

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
He'll end up returning to Portugal and play for Benfica :stuckup: At that point, we'll be back on top after several league titles with Porto nearly being relegated and going through a crisis :dielaugh: I can only dream :hopefull:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Dream, dream, dream... ;)

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Cristiano Ronaldo secures PFA award double
Sunday, 22 April 2007
in BBC Football

Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo has been named the PFA Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year at a gala dinner in London.

The 22-year-old winger is the first player to win both awards in the same season since Andy Gray in 1977.

The Portuguese has recovered from the controversy of last year's World Cup to help United battle for three trophies.

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba was second and Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes third in the senior award.

Manchester United veteran Ryan Giggs, last year's winner Steven Gerrard of Liverpool and 19-year-old Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas also made ths shortlist.

Ronaldo said it was a big honour to be singled out by his peers.

He said: "It is a special night. It is amazing and a big honour for me to win trophies like this in the English Premier League. I am very proud.

"My colleagues have voted for me and that is fantastic because the players know the qualities of players.

"I want to keep working hard and getting better because these trophies have now given me more motivation.

"This great team has helped me because when the team wins it is easier for us all to play with more confidence."

Fabregas was second and Tottenham's Aaron Lennon, 20, third in the voting for the young player award.

Ronaldo's team-mate Wayne Rooney (21) was also shortlisted, as were Reading striker Kevin Doyle, 23, and 18-year-old defender Micah Richards of Manchester City.

Eight Manchester United players made it into the team of the year while manager Sir Alex Ferguson was honoured with the PFA Special Merit Award.

Ferguson paid tribute to his winger, who joined United from Sporting Lisbon :proud::proud::proud: in a £12.2m deal in August 2003.

"At this moment in time, I think he is the best player in the world and his season has been incredible," he said.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Id kill for a version with english subtitles, thanks for sharing anyway FR. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe ronaldo recently spoke of wanting to move to Real Madrid. I could be wrong, just something i heard from a friend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts