Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday 27 December, 2004

Ronaldo is already gearing up to face Juventus in the Champions’ League and claims he has more reasons than most to look forward to this clash.

“Taking on the Bianconeri is a very exciting thing for me,” commented the Real Madrid striker. “I still remember our game in 1998 when I was denied a clear-cut penalty.”

That infamous match at the Stadio Delle Alpi was essentially a Scudetto play-off, won 1-0 by Juventus in controversial circumstances. Mark Iuliano clattered into the then-Inter hero and the referee waved play on.

Ronaldo was also in the Real Madrid side that lost the 2003 Champions’ League semi-final 3-1, seeing the Italians through to the Final at Old Trafford. However, his team is struggling so far this season and will face a tough task against Fabio Capello’s men.

“We need to come together and find a solution to our problems,” he told ‘Il Giornale.’ “We have many great players here and are only lacking a bit of organisation, plus some reinforcements in defence. We will get back on track.”

New technical director Arrigo Sacchi has been brought in for that purpose and is said to be evaluating the position of all Real’s players – including sacred cows Ronaldo, David Beckham, Luis Figo, Roberto Carlos and Raul. There were even some outlandish reports of Il Fenomeno being offered to Milan in exchange for Parma’s Alberto Gilardino.

“It’s pure fantasy football,” smiled Ronaldo. “Inter remain in my heart and I am still close to patron Massimo Moratti with real affection. To say I might one day return to the Nerazzurri is a bit far-fetched, but you can never say never in this game.”

Instead, the Brazilian hopes to face his former club on the playing field of Istanbul, where the Champions’ League Final will be held in 2005.

“I await my ex-teammates in the European Cup Final come May. Now that would really be a wonderful party.”

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Well he wont get to have us in the Final, because Juve will stop him and Madrid in there path. I heard they are gonna build a salad bar in the 6 yard box to stop him :).

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
:howler:

I would really like to face Real, and especially Ronaldo, But unfortunately that will not happen because Juve will kick Real's ass out of the CL.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Razman said:
:howler:

I would really like to face Real, and especially Ronaldo, But unfortunately that will not happen because Juve will kick Real's ass out of the CL.
So would I Razman, I wouldnt mind the Gobbi getting a beating though.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Interista said:
So would I Razman, I wouldnt mind the Gobbi getting a beating though.
Can't there be some kind of a tie where both teams get knocked out and we get a bye to qualify directly to the semis? :tongue:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Razman said:
Can't there be some kind of a tie where both teams get knocked out and we get a bye to qualify directly to the semis? :tongue:
If only, but dreams like that dont become reality unforunately :frownani:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, I have thought long and hard and about the Champions League and have come to a couple of conclusions.

I would like to see Juventus give Real Madrid a footballing lesson. I would also like Milan to beat United. I do not mind if Juventus and Milan do well Europe, as long as they do not eliminate us or win the Champions League. I dislike Real more than I dislike Juventus (and that is really saying something!) and with regards to Milan, I am hoping someone will stop them in their tracks before we have the pleasure of meeting them. One thing is certain though, an all Italian encounter somewhere along the way seems certain. I only hope that it will involve Inter and that we will be victorious.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Even tough at current times, the obvious thing would be to say that Juve would soundly beat Madrid, come March, I won't be as sure as things evolve and with Real getting a couple of players back from injuries or even reinforcements could make them give Juve a tough ride. Even taking them out as they do have the big match players who on their day, can kill any time. I fancy Juve's chances for going through, however,I wouldn't misunderestimate Real Madrid because they have this winning tradition and that ability to raise their games on the big nights.

As to an eventual all Italian encounter, bring it on!!!Specially another Euro Derby!!!:lick::drool: :devil:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still have that match on tape. I have not watched it since the day of that game. How Ronaldo and Inter were denied a penalty and then in the next instant Juventus were awarded one, I will never understand. Inter were robbed of a championship in 1998 and as a result we are still a laughing stock. Obviously Ronaldo has not forgotten and he still seems to be an Inter supporter at heart as he wants revenge against Juventus.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Im rooting for Real to come out and smash Juve because their heads are getting too big, hopefully Real win the Home leg 5-0 and the away leg 10-1, Ronaldo does his knee and is out for a decade, Figo stumbles over his shadow and tears his gluteas maximus, Beckham gets confused with the goals and ends up scoring a 55-yard own goal which will boost his wifes fashion rating for 2004, that would be just about as probable of having Inter Milan supporters saying a good word about that greedy motherfu**er (Phucknaldo).

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
The only reason Ronaldo wants to face us in a final is b/c he won't have to travel to the San Siro.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
LOL true that!!!!

You're a smart man Puls :tongue:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts