Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday 26th April 2002

Ronaldo has broken his press silence to claim that refereeing decisions could cost Internazionale the Serie A title.

The Brazilian fears that Inter could lose out in cotroversial fashion at the final hurdle, just as they did in 1998.

On that occasion, during the end of season title-decider against Juventus, Inter were denied what appeared to be a clear penalty by referee Piero Ceccarini after Ronaldo was felled in the box by Mark Juliano.

Juve went on to win the game 1-0 on their way to the championship and Ronaldo is keen that such an incident should not affect the destination of the title this time around.

"We have a great chance to win this scudetto because two wins can give us the title," he said. "We'll do our best to play football and, of course, we hope that the officials continue to act in an honest way.

"Really some recent events have frightened me a little. Of course, we don't ask for any special favours, but I hope it will be perfect for the last 180 minutes.

"Juve are a big team with a great coach and many talented players, but they are a big club too and the strength of that club can sometimes help the team."

Regarding his own physical condition, he added: "We have had 20 hard days with games against Feyenoord, Brescia and Chievo, but during the last week we have had time to recover our strength.

"Of course, I'm not yet 100 per cent and I can't really claim to be ready to play 90 minutes.

"In the game against Brescia I suffered some cramps after ten minutes but this is a very special time and all of us must do something extraordinary."

The Brazil centre-forward was speaking publicly for the first time since March 12 when he criticised the media for their coverage of his long-term injury problems.

He was particularly unhappy with suggestions that he had failed to protect his injured knee by attending the Rio carnival two nights in a row.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Juven----------the most impudent team in the world!!!!!!!
drug.... referee.....and......
and you are so ****ing stupid

1 - 3 of 3 Posts