Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
did any of you guys seen the crossed over kick ronaldo done ?
i have seen other players do it aswell, maradona does a lot, laurant robert......

how can i do it ? anyone know ?

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
ibra does it the most and the best.

its pretty easy, takes some practise.

just know when you kick it, where the ball will go. oh...dont kick yourself, it'll look stupid.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ibra ? who ?

if iam kicking with my right foot does my left foot come off the ground after i kick iit or does my left foot stay on ground ?

also where should my standing leg(left) be if iam going to kick an stopped ball.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Harry Kewell's done it too, I've got a clip of him taking a penalty like that, straight into the top corner.

The key to this technique is making your kicking leg extend behind the standing leg as far as possible. I've found that the best way to do this is to stand with the toes of your standing leg as much as possible. If you place your whole foot flat on the ground, your kicking foot will hardly extend beyond the standing foot, but stand up towards the front of your foot, this will increase your reach greatly

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks alot gray, i'll try it out :)

btw i have seen that harry clip as well. :) but never seen him do it in a match :(

·
Registered
418 Posts
xlz said:
btw i have seen that harry clip as well. :) but never seen him do it in a match :( [/B]
Actually, he's used that technique to cross the ball, I believe it was in his Leeds days
Twayka said:
doea ny1 know how i can see the video????
There's a video of the highlights from the FA Cup final in the video clips forum, it's included there

·
Registered
489 Posts
i think i have seen a video with roy keane doing one.. or at least some man utd playre - but definitely not ronaldo. when he did it (with his right) his left leg came off the ground for a better follow through on the ball.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
whos that ? i guess hes an old player ?

does 'le coup du foulard' mean anything in english ?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Twayka said:
No it probably was a disguised ronaldo, all the players have no talent.:D
i doubt it.. the guy in it was bald and i dont think ronaldo has ever cut his precious hair like that.. it was in a showboat clip.

hugo ibarra plays for monaco doesnt he? he admitted handballing a goal against chelsea.

i think 'le coup du foulard' means something to do with the action of a scarf blowing in the wind.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
I haven't seen Ibarra do it but out of who I have I think Veron does it the most and the best.

I find it a bit pointless to use it in a real match though when you could just cross it normally -more effective.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Raven said:
I haven't seen Ibarra do it but out of who I have I think Veron does it the most and the best.

I find it a bit pointless to use it in a real match though when you could just cross it normally -more effective.
Yes, but why not be a prick when you get the chance? Plus, it frightens other teams, and it gives you a reputation as a trickster, AND it's a crowd pleaser. If your team mates see you do a trick like that, it helps them become more inspired, and they raise their play. Or at least it's happened that way once for me. Of course, the other time I kicked myself and fell over.;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts