Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol.

Finally Moggi revealed that current Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo was set to join the club before he moved to Old Trafford, but the deal fell through because Marcelo Salas rejected a transfer away.

"Cristiano Ronaldo was already ours. He came to Turin to for a medical. It was all set, but then [Marcelo] Salas wouldn’t leave,” he concluded.

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=604248

Imagine. :D

PS: Salas was worse then Zalayeta in the year 2 years he played with us.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
So let me see, Liverpool, Arsenal and now Juve:eek: all had deals for him before us...he sure whored himself:D:tongue:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Oh yea... he would have moved to Inter like Zlatan when Moggi got caught red-handed.

old man is full of bs

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
^The old man full of bs is Morrati.

I've heard about Salas-Ronaldo before, so I don't think Moggi is making up shit.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Well, that's tough Juve.

No chance he'd be the player he is now had he joined those arse bandits anyway.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We signed Nedved, Thuram and Buffon in 2001, these players turned out well didn't they? why would Ronaldo woudn't be the same anyway?

I know that they rejected him because he was what? 16 and unproven, surely he can't come for the expense of Salas by that time. (he became shit though past 2001, but was a proven player ..)

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
We signed Nedved, Thuram and Buffon in 2001, these players turned out well didn't they? why would Ronaldo woudn't be the same anyway?

I know that they rejected him because he was what? 16 and unproven, surely he can't come for the expense of Salas by that time. (he became shit though past 2001, but was a proven player ..)
Shit, shit and shit.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts

Obviously there's no guarantee he wouldn't be what he is now but I feel Juve would not treat him with the rubber gloves Sir Alex has been using on him since he came. He is a player that you need patience with and nurturing. It's all paying off now though as he's undoubtedly the most valuable player on the planet and scarily enough there's quite a lot to improve on. :scared: :hopeful:

Shit, shit and shit.
:D

:D

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
The most nateable thing from that article that would make me sick as a Juve fan is that Moggi still refers to Juve as 'us' or 'ours'.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
^so?

what's 2001 got to do with it all?

The summer Juve moved for him was in 2003 (I think).

·
Registered
7,488 Posts

They were all established players in their mid to late twenties. What young 17 year old's have Juventus nurtured into the best player in the world?

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I think it's bullshit. I think we'd surely know if a medical was about to take place.

·
Scudetto
23,581 Posts
The Internet in 2001 is nothing like it is today where almost anything about your club is online.

And again, he was a 16 year old nobody. He was probably being signed for the Primavera. Even now people struggle to follow those types of transfers.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I didn't know the article gave a date. I thought before United meant, a few months. Ronaldo was 18 when he joined United so if anything he would have been 17. I'm assuming at least someone in the forum would have noted it at the time, so it is bullshit. Why would anyone believe Moggi?

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Could've

we could've signed Robben

we could've signed Essien

we could've signed Obi Mikel

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.