Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ronaldo: Conspiracy against Inter? Friday 26 April, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronaldo has ended his press silence and added fuel to the fire surrounding refereeing decisions in an increasingly tense title chase.

“I don’t want to believe in a conspiracy against Inter,” commented the striker after a clear penalty on him was not awarded during last week’s Chievo match. “Our job is to play football. Mind you, recent events do scare me a little.”

This was the Brazilian’s first press conference in three months and he spoke slowly and clearly to make sure there would be no misinterpretations.

“I repeat,” he said, “we must think only of playing football on the field, trying to win the last two games and hope that the people who run the football world are honest.”

The controversy had already been on all the front pages following the two late spot-kicks handed to Roma for their 2-2 draw at Venezia. The Ronaldo incident at Chievo made referees almost as talked-about as the players during the last week.

“Referee Massimo De Santis went up to me and gesticulated wildly,” explained the hitman, “but he gave me no explanation as to why the foul was mine and not the Chievo defender’s. Perhaps he thought I had pushed my marker, but that was simply not true.”

“I told the referee that he was wrong and that seeing these images on the television he would realise his mistake. I have always used fair play in my career.”

This brings back memories of the controversy surrounding the finale of the 1997-98 season. Juventus and Inter clashed at the Delle Alpi and a very clear penalty on Ronaldo was also not awarded.

“At the end of that game I was furious,” recalls the Brazilian. “Referee Ceccarini did not give us the clearest of spot-kicks. Now the same thing has happened to me and it could be decisive in the Scudetto race.”

“But I don’t want to concentrate on this now,” he added. “I want to win with Inter. I may not be match fit as yet, but in times like these you must fight on past your limits. We really want this Scudetto.”

On a final note, Ronaldo reiterated his love for the club despite strong suggestions he could be loaned out to a Brazilian side until he recovers completely from his injury problems.

“I would like to be for Inter what Pele was for Santos. Other teams showing interest in me is a huge ego boost, especially after all the setbacks I’ve had in recent years.”

“But I am happy at Inter and owe so much to President Massimo Moratti. He waited while I was injured and held his hand out when I needed it most.”

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
No question ronaldo hates us :(

he should be banned for all i care! We don't need a wuss like him!

·
Registered
13,165 Posts
What an idiot. I suppose Lupatelli's brilliant blunder was paid-off too, right, R9? Stay on the field where you belong, not in the newspapers.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Primo said:
What an idiot. I suppose Lupatelli's brilliant blunder was paid-off too, right, R9? Stay on the field where you belong, not in the newspapers.

So what!!!! Give me a break, what´s wrong with you guys.....

What did he say that offended you that much...I believe he said the right things because you know how the refs can be in Seria A...

The only thing he is saying is that they want justice and that they will fight to the end....so what the hell is your point?!?!?!

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
nah, nothing wrong with that, he's actually saying the stuff we've been wanting to say. It's funny how he trys to play down his emotions like “But I don’t want to concentrate on this now,” HAHAHAHAHAHA. Funny stuff, what's even more funny is

opie said:
On a final note, Ronaldo reiterated his love for the club despite strong suggestions he could be loaned out to a Brazilian side until he recovers completely from his injury problems.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH phuckin' hilarious if you ask me...Ronnie's got a good agent hahahahah, knows what to say at the right time ahahaha

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ronnie needs to think twice before he makes these kinds of statements publicly otherwise he will be severely scrutinized and criticised by the media:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts