Xtratime Community banner

Ronaldo 2008 vs Rooney 2010, who is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
poll pls

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont post in my ****ing thrad then, ****wit.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Ronaldo 2008. Whenever Ronaldo had the ball in that season, you felt it was always going to end up in the back of the net. Rooney's playing well but he's not giving off the same excitement level for me.

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Why not wait until you've won a league title and a champions league with Rooney leading your team, before starting such comparisons?

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ronaldo 2008. Whenever Ronaldo had the ball in that season, you felt it was always going to end up in the back of the net. Rooney's playing well but he's not giving off the same excitement level for me.
Isn't that what Rooney's like in 2010?

·
Major
1,342 Posts
Dont post in my ****ing thrad then, ****wit.
I said i don't care who is better, since both are doing the job you dumb ****.

That is very much relevant to this thread..Deal with it

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
Bit of a hard question as I don't think Ronaldo would have been so prolific if Rooney wasn't there to help him.

I'd vote for Rooney, though, because I'm a biased cunt.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Why not wait until you've won a league title and a champions league with Rooney leading your team, before starting such comparisons?
That makes no sense. It's like you are saying we won the league and CL with Ronaldo only. We dropped alot of points when rooney was not present in our lineup and Ronaldo was.

To answer this thread, Ronaldo was more magical more exciting BUT he had Rooney on his side. Rooney does not have a "Rooney" by his side. This is why i vote WR. Ronaldo did score some wonder goals though, goals not many players can pull off

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Isn't that what Rooney's like in 2010?
No, because whenever he's in and around the box, you don't expect him to score, but test the keeper. Ronaldo was banging them in from anywhere he wanted. He's the best player I've ever seen at United, Rooney isn't top 3.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
No, because whenever he's in and around the box, you don't expect him to score, but test the keeper. Ronaldo was banging them in from anywhere he wanted. He's the best player I've ever seen at United, Rooney isn't top 3.
OPTA said:
Ronaldo fired in 176 shots – the most in the Premier League.
he scored 31, and was at 2 more league goals than Rooney at the same time.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
he scored 31, and was at 2 more league goals than Rooney at the same time.
Wait till Rooney bangs in 40+ goals in a season. He's playing well but Ronaldo is one of the greatest players to pull on the shirt.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
funny thread

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Both special players, for somewhat different reasons. Ronaldo is different to anyone, a magician... while Rooney is also amazing, however, what makes Waz "special" is that he is the heart of United and symbol of what this club is all about.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Ronaldo of 2007>both of them.

Rooney's been terrific this season, as was Ronnie in 2008 but their goalscoring exploits elevated some of the praise IMO, fantastic seasons but i've yet to see Ronaldo's season of 2007 be repeated by anyone outside of the great Ronaldinho shows from 03 to 06. Messi is in and around that area too.

I think Rooney could very well be the closest of all to Gaucho's magical seasons, the potential is there but he can't do it all on his own. Replace Scholesy and Giggsy properly in the next few years and Rooney would have a worthy supporting cast to make him the very best player in the world.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Ronaldinho of 2005 can't be compared to Rooney or Ronaldo at any level ..

Dinho is another category, man was like WTF! :proud:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts