Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PSG Boss Insists Ronaldinho Will Stay Put - soccerage.com

06/23/2002. Luis Fernandez made it clear he had no intentions to see his World Cup star Ronaldinho move to Italy or Spain when the new season kicks off in two months. "Before jetting off to Asia, I spoke to Ronaldinho and he reaffirmed his intention to stay at Paris Saint-Germain" Fernandez told the press. "Since then, the situation has not changed as far as I am concerned". However with Ronaldinho enjoying superb form with Brazil, it is unclear whether he'll be content to remain in an undemanding championship like France's Ligue 1.

what do u guys think...will PSG be able to keep him???...he has certainly been one of the best players for brasil and even one of the best players during the world cup

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
he scored a tremendous goal vs England!:eek: was it luck or did he he really go for a goal ?:confused:
his pass to Rivaldo after making Rio Ferdinand look like a fool was absolutely world class to!!!

about his situation in Paris, im sure he will stay with us for the next season!

ALLEZ RONALDINHO GAUCHO !!!!:)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
1) He was told about David Seaman's bad positioning by our great captain Cafu who had played with Seaman back in his Zaragoza days in some game. So, yes he did try to make that a direct free kick.

2) I doubt it. FC Inter are making a serious run for him so I would say he's going to play in Milano next season.

Cheers,
Patrick

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Forget About Ronaldinho, PSG Supremo Tells Inter Milan
News Archive

Hands off (Allsport)
06/24/2002. Paris Saint-Germain president issued a "hands off" warning to all the clubs who are interested in his Brazilian gem Ronaldinho. "There is no contact between PSG and Inter about the player" Laurent Perpère told a local radio. "Ronaldinho will stay at the club next season. This is final". Five-star performances by Ronaldinho in the World Cup have caught the eye of a string of major clubs, who are desperate to hail a high-profile signing in an otherwise gloomy transfer market.

soccerage :(

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Rubbish! I remember back in the middle of the season when Ronaldinho was depressed over our eliminated of the french cup he was thinking of leaving if we didn't make the Champions League cut he'd might want to re-consider staying in Paris which is strike 1.

Strike 2 would be that he's been wanted by Inter for 2 years, he almost went there too. Luis Fernandez couldn't control Ronaldinho once and after his big chance to play for a bigger club like Inter with a guy like Ronaldo, he won't pass that offer up and I can guarentee that. He has shown he can be good in big time matches that's for sure.

I'm neutral, I'll be happy either way but as but minusing me being a PSG and Inter fan i've got to label myself as a Ronaldinho fan and go by what's better for his carreer or what i think will make him really shine some more.

Cheers,
Patrick

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i agree...however...i am a big ronaldinho fan...yet a bigger juve fan...and if ronaldinho goes to inter i will be very worried...because with him inter will be SO much better...

new update on ronaldinho-inter news from soccerage...

Moratti Puts Ronaldinho-Recoba Swap Rumours To Bed

06/26/2002. Inter president Massimo Moratti has finally put an end to any lingering rumours that Ronaldinho my be joining the Nerazzurri.

Earlier reports had suggested that Alvaro Recoba may be heading to Paris Saint-Germain in a swap deal with the Brazilian, but Moratti has joined the French club in stating that the former Gremio player will not be arriving at the San Siro.

"Ronaldinho is a great player," he said. "But I don't believe there will ever be a swap with Recoba, because the Brazilian is liked by the PSG fans, but above all because Recoba is liked by all of us and our fans. Inter is working to enrich the left side. We will see in the next few days."

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Recoba is a great superstar but RONALDINHO is the best in the world right now (after Zidane ofcourse).

Patrick you only talk shiit and Ronnie stays with us:tongue:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Besiktas Target Ronaldinho...soccerage...

06/29/2002. Besiktas will celebrate its centenary in 2003 and the Black Eagles want to be crowned champions in this special year. That is why Besiktas want to have the best squad in the league, full of star players. After Fenerbahçe signed Ortega, Besiktas are also after big names now.

The black and white club have set their sights on one of the 3 R's of Brazil: Ronaldinho. Besiktas supremo Serdar Bilgili is in Japan right now and he is said to have had a short meeting with the Brazilian star where he asked Ronaldinho whether he wants to play in Turkey or not.

Besiktas turned their attentions to signing Ronaldinho on loan from Paris Saint Germain after failing to sign Djalminha due to the Deportivo star's fee.

i just read this and i hope he doesn't go to turkey...come on now ronaldinho...france is better...he can go almost anywhere he wants...don't waste ur time in turkey...also will besiktas have enough money t even have a chance to try to get PSG to sell him...doubt it

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
if he goes to besiktas he has no ambition.

psg is a bigger stage and he deserves to go to a bigger club with his quality (no disrespect to besiktas fans)if hes going to leave.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Real Eyeing Ronaldinho
News Archive

Admirers in high places...Ronaldinho (Reuters)
06/29/2002. According to the latest report out of Spain, European champion Real Madrid are contemplating swooping for Brazi's breakout star of the World Cup Ronaldinho.

Real supremo Florentino Perez confessed to having become a huge admirer of the audaciously talented Paris St. Germain attacker during the course of the World Cup, and more often than not the players Perez fancies end up joining the Royal Club on a blockbuster deal.

"I like Ronaldinho a lot," Perez revealed to Spanish daily AS. "His goal against England was fantastic. The game lost its brightest star when the referee decided to send Ronaldinho off."

If the Spanish media are to be believed, the Madrid giants are prepared to spend in the neighbourhood of 35 million euros to lure the former Gremio Porto Alegre star to the capital.

soccerage ;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Carson, post that article about Morratti and Ronaldo wanting Ronaldinho at Inter. :)

Cheers,
Patrick

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
patrick, how about this one???

Patrick said:
Carson, post that article about Morratti and Ronaldo wanting Ronaldinho at Inter. :)

Cheers,
Patrick
Hands Off Ronaldinho, Insists PSG Coach
News Archive

Long hair, short hair, no hair: it's a world full of Ron(n)ies (Allsport)
07/02/2002. "Ronaldinho will stay at the club next season", Paris Saint-Germain coach Luis Fernandez insisted in a press conference. "Our plans revolve around the presence of our World Champion", he said before pointing out the player had a "moral debt towards the Paris club".

"We have been patient with Ronaldinho last year and gave him six months to get used to life in Europe. Now we want something in return for it", Fernandez said. Ronaldinho was quite unconvincing after his move from Gremio to PSG. However from January onwards, he was brilliant and even clinched the award of "player of the month".

A string of clubs are chasing the Pentacampeao's signature, with Inter in the best position to land it. A proposed swap deal with Uruguay playmaker Alvaro Recoba looked probable, but it is believed El Chino's wages demands could not possibly be matched by PSG, who are part of the Vivendi Universal crumbling empire.

Rumours of all kinds were raining after the World Cup about 'Roni', including an audacious loan approach by Besiktas. Luis Fernandez ridiculed this option and would not "once in a million years" lose his gem in such a deal.

However with pressure mounting, it is unclear whether Paris Saint-Germain will be able to hold on and ignore those approaches. The club is said to be walking on thin ice, financially speaking, but the accounts were balanced with the €16m sale of restless Nicolas Anelka to Manchester City.

PSG can be happy that no team in Europe, not even Manchester United or Real Madrid, is investing a dime in the transfer market. Swap deals are numerous but no real money is likely to flow in this dry, dry summer.

soccerage :(

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Luis Fernandez is a clown if he thinks he can keep Ronaldinho staying at PSG that easy! :dielaugh: Inter.it has more rumours today so don't worry, Carson!

Luis Fernandez is such a clown if he'll be able to keep Ronaldinho at PSG because Roni has made it pretty clear that he wants to play the Champions League and when the Paris side were starting to look bad in the run for the CL, Ronaldinho started to even think of leaving.

Check out more rumours, it ain't over. Roni is coming to Milano, sorry buddy!

La Gazzetta dello Sport identifies in Santiago Hernàn Solari, 26 year old Argentinian midfielder of Real Madrid, the player capable of solving the problem in the left side. Another objective of the club is 21 year old Spanish midfielder of Betis, Sanchez Rodriguez Joaquìn.

Il Corriere dello Sport reports of a new hypothesis for the right side: convince Galatasaray to leave Umit Davala at Inter, and give Okan Buruk on loan instead. Ronaldinho, the star of PSG and Brazil, could possibly play for nerazzurri in the season 2003-04.

Tuttosport states Ronaldinho is one of the main targets of Inter transfer market. His arrival depends on Recoba 's transfer. Paris Saint Germain values its player 30 million Euros.

Cheers,
Patrick

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
PSG Owners Canal+ Want To Sell Ronaldinho
News Archive

More bad news for Ronaldinho (Allsport)
07/05/2002. Paris Saint-Germain were rocked by the news that their owners, Canal Plus (who are part of the ailing media empire Vivendi Universal), are willing to sell their Brazilian ace Ronaldinho. The club were adamant their young World Champion was going nowhere, but it looks like they will be forced to sell him. PSG were hoping to cling on Ronaldinho until the end of the season to achieve great things with him.

soccerage ;)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Recoba: I Hope It's Not Me Who Makes Way For Ronaldinho...soccerage

07/06/2002. Inter's Uruguayan forward Alvaro Recoba has commented on the continued speculation linking the club with a move for Brazilian star Ronaldinho.

"Ronaldinho is a great champion," he said. "He has demonstrated this during the World Cup. But at Inter we already have many in attack, therefore if he arrived, someone would have to leave. I hope that's not me, however, I'll do anything I can to stay here and win: we must repay our fans after the tremendous disappointment of May 5

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I told you guys we wouldn't be able to keep him from Inter, just watch and you'll see.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ronaldinho Wants To Stay At PSG

07/09/2002. World Cup star Ronaldinho said he was unwilling to leave Paris Saint-Germain despite being put up for sale by club owners Canal Plus. The Pentacampeao is now in Brazil chilling with his family but he told the Freench media he was reluctant to leave Paris this summer.

"I have been linked with Manchester United and Barcelona" he explained. "But I have not even spoken to those clubs so I can say I will stay at Paris Saint-Germain. I had a chat with PSG presy Laurent Perpère and he told me he wanted to keep me, so I am motivated to play for PSG".

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
c´est la catastrophe pour le PSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:depress: :depress: :mad: :mad: :( :(

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Ronaldinho turns down Inter option Friday 12 July, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter’s slim hopes of signing Brazilian sensation Ronaldinho look over after the player committed his future to Paris SG.

The attacking talent has been linked with the Nerazzurri since his World Cup exploits, but President Massimo Moratti’s hopes of teaming him up with Ronaldo look over.

"All the rumours stating that I’m on my way out of my current club have been told by the media," he told ‘Le Parisien.’

"I still have four years left on my contract and I have every intention of respecting it. My future is here with Paris SG."

PSG boss Luis Fernandez warned earlier this month that the international would remain despite increasing interest in his services.

However, speculation suggests that the capital outfit could agree to sell the star but only if they receive an offer of at least £27m.

A price that Inter seem unlikely to meet in the current financial climate that the Italian game is going through.

It was believed that if Ronaldinho had arrived then Uruguayan Alvaro Recoba would be forced out of the San Siro.

channel4 ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts