Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he had loads of opportunities tonight to against one of the worst full backs i have ever seen play football - Glen Johnson :yuck:

why he keeps passing the buck and not taking proper responsibility ? he has all the ability to open up the mass defence by beating one or two men quickly but he never tried it.

is it the position he plays stuck to the flank, is he too static there or has he just lost confidence ?

great goal btw, but towards the end especially when Chelsea were playig 5-4-1 you needed him to beat his man.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
I think he lost confidence :( I want him to dribble more too, I don't like how we play around the opponents defense all the time, we must go through the middle like an arrow.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
When he dribbled past 3 or 4 players right at the end, I thought he was going to scream one into the top corner ala Milan but he was chopped down :(

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SM ONLINE said:
When he dribbled past 3 or 4 players right at the end, I thought he was going to scream one into the top corner ala Milan but he was chopped down :(
exactly, as soon as he tried to beat a few men he caused danger and they had to kick him, imagine if he'd tried that many more times, dribbling players is the most effective way to open up space in a mass defence.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
because if he does it all the time he gets a counter, just like he was smart enough not to lose any balls in the first game. Maybe he has some clue his defense sucks on counter attacks :D

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
It was amazing how Eto'o just ran across Carvalho, but he was unlucky when Terry tackeld him just before shooting the ball.

Regarding Ronaldinho, this season we have many quality players and he can't just dribble on his own.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
doesent dribble no more??? the man was all over the pitch.. hes great.. if u dont like him.. we'll take him

·
Registered
27 Posts
i was also dissapointed when i saw that ronnie didnt dribble a lot.even his elastico didnt come out.if he had dribble more,the chelsea defence would have been focused on him and leaving eto'o alone.but,maybe ronnie does feel not to confident and also felt a pressure.if he lost the ball when dribbling,the consequences could be fatal.for example,when xavi slipped.barca was punished with a goal.PLUS,chelsea pitch suxx.players are slipping all over it.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
dlz said:
i was also dissapointed when i saw that ronnie didnt dribble a lot.even his elastico didnt come out.if he had dribble more,the chelsea defence would have been focused on him and leaving eto'o alone.but,maybe ronnie does feel not to confident and also felt a pressure.if he lost the ball when dribbling,the consequences could be fatal.for example,when xavi slipped.barca was punished with a goal.PLUS,chelsea pitch suxx.players are slipping all over it.
Indeed, we got at least one goal against because of the stupid pitch alot of players slipped!

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
He hasn't dribbled as much this season and I'm pretty disappointed about that. Its one thing when he's being draped by several defenders, but when he's in some space, I'd like to see him beat a defender and open up space for his teammates. He seems a little too quick to pass the ball off. It's probably just a confidence issue. He'll get over it. Blame it on the sophomore slump.

·
Registered
88 Posts
1. He is probably lacking in confidence
2. There are other players who will demand possession, eg Eto'o and Deco
3. He will get hacked down instantly by three defenders

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I've told this to my roommate since the beginning of the season. Ronaldinho is playing more like a Zidane nowadays, always trying to make the perfect pass. But that's not Ronaldinho. He need to be explosive, taking on defenders. My roommie said that this year team doesn't need him to do that anymore. But at the end of the day, he still. for example, towards the end of the game yesterday, he tried that and go a nice free kick that could've gone in.....just my opinion!

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,906 Posts
Well i guess the problem is that as soo nas he gets the ball , there are 2 defenders coming onto him. So he tries to utilise the place that is opened for other players. And by dribbling less hes avoiding injuries. Like last season , he missed 1/4th of the season injuired, players if they cant stop him , hack him down. And the last thing Barca need in ronaldinho injured.
And yesterday Chelsea's counter attacks were really swift, so keeping possesion instead of going for the flashy dribble was the better especially when we were winning on away goals.
After the 4th goal went in , i think we saw him go past 4 players , but he was hacked down.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Why not give some credit to the competent defense that stopped him? If Ronaldinho tried to dribble as often as some fans would like, he would risk losing the ball and exposing his team to Chelsea's couterattacks – Barcelona's defenders didn't have the pace to keep up with the Blues so they NEEDED to keep ball possession at all costs. Ronaldinho played for the team instead of going for individual shine. It didn't work but it was a reasonable thing to do. It's easy to look back and say "he should've done something different", "he should have dribbled three defenders and won the game by himself". IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE.

The best thing to do now is to recognize the opposition's merits and Barcelona's shortcomings. Barça's defense needs serious improvement, not to mention that too many squad players have gotten injured this season, making Rijkaard's job harder (he couldn't rotate the players in the past few months, and in yesterday's game he didn't have a lot of tactical alternatives on the bench).

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
Ronaldinho has definitely taken over from Zidane is "most useless dribbles per game" category..

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
voka_gsw said:
Ronaldinho has definitely taken over from Zidane is "most useless dribbles per game" category..
Umm...the whole point of this thread is to point out that he doesn't dribble ENOUGH. :googly:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts