Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ronaldinho said he wants riquelme back next year.... last time i checked people were saying he wasnt good enough for spain but look at him now?
i think he's leading in assists ...... but is there room for him at barca with deco and xavi??

·
Registered
73 Posts
can be very useful as a substitue.. just like iniesta..
thats if he agrees to come back to barcelona knowing that he will spend more time on the bench than on the pitch..
can be used in copa del rey.. rotation in la liga and CL next year..

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
\/ISC/\ B/\RC/\ said:
can be very useful as a substitue.. just like iniesta..
thats if he agrees to come back to barcelona knowing that he will spend more time on the bench than on the pitch..
can be used in copa del rey.. rotation in la liga and CL next year..
That's the problem. Riquelme is not the kind of player that feels happy on the bench. That's what he suffered in his season in Barcelona and he became a sad player. Riquelme needs to be protagonist to give the 100% and I'm not sure that he would have a usual place in the lineup in this Barcelona.

Personally, I like this player and he's doing a good season, but the best for Barça and the best for him is looking for a transfer. It's a player that I respect and I think that Barça should find a solution for him.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Id take him back, but Ive already discussed my reasons for this. Xavi is playing good but is his level superior to Riquelme? In the system maybe but overall attacking wise it is almost conclusive that Riquelme can offer us more.

Im going to be a bit controversial here, how long can Xavi keep his current level up. It is common around spanish players to have a year or two of world class football, only to fall a level below again and never return. Mendieta, Jose Mari, Javi Moreno, Manuel Pablo, Guerrerro... could Xavi fall into this catagory?

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
------------Valdes------------
--------Puyol----Marquez-----
------------------------------
-----------------------------
---Xavi----Roman----Deco---
-------Iniesta---Ronnie-------
--Giuly------Etoo-----Messi--

How bout that? :p
We'll average like 8 goals per game. Yea, maybe we can scratch Marquez and put Valdes and Ruben BOTH in goal. Hmmm...

No use for Roman. He would be an awesome backup, but he won't be satisfied with sitting on the bench. Best option now is to try to offload him for cash to buy some DMs or CBs.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Maz said:
Im going to be a bit controversial here, how long can Xavi keep his current level up. It is common around spanish players to have a year or two of world class football, only to fall a level below again and never return. Mendieta, Jose Mari, Javi Moreno, Manuel Pablo, Guerrerro... could Xavi fall into this catagory?
As long as someone is there to cover Xavi's ass defensively, he can keep his current form up. Up until the arrival of Davids last season, he was responsible for a lot of DM duties. He's never going to rely on speed or strength, things that players will lose with age, but he relies mostly on his passing ability and vision. I don't think he'll lose that with age. If anything, it'll get better with experience.

Oh, and another name to add is Valeron. Where has he been (along with the entire Depor team) this season?

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Agreed

Also Benjamin, De Pedro,Diego Tristan, Salva Ballesta, Munites, Urzaiz. The list goes on. Could be a fun if depressing thread in the spanish forum.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
ronaldinho said he wants riquelme back next year.
i dont want to comment wether riquelme should come back or not...
but what drawed me is that it is Ronaldinho who said that, it proves other than that he is the most gifted footballer he is one of the most down to earth and friendly.... he congratulates schevchenko on the award, dedicates his last award to his mother and kisses her infront of the cameras, and now is acknowledging the worth of another footballer.... things rarely seen in modern football
what a nice guy :proud:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
d_kurdi said:
i dont want to comment wether riquelme should come back or not...
but what drawed me is that it is Ronaldinho who said that, it proves other than that he is the most gifted footballer he is one of the most down to earth and friendly.... he congratulates schevchenko on the award, dedicates his last award to his mother and kisses her infront of the cameras, and now is acknowledging the worth of another footballer.... things rarely seen in modern football
what a nice guy :proud:
And can you believe that Luis Fernandez told Alex Ferguson not to sign him because of his disruptive behaviour! :googly:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Maz... I know what has happened to the players that you menctioned, but should Xavi decrease his level? Well, it can happen to Xavi, but also Riquelme can suffer it.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
The surprise would be if Ronaldinho says that he doesn't want -any player name here- in the team.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
i'd like to see him back but as a substitute to xavi or deco because he'll definetely add quality and depht to the squad!
the only problem is that he can't stay on the bench and he can't give 100% if the coach don't trust in him and give him a consequent playing time!!

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Hmm...how about this ?

---------------Victor Valdes---------------
Belleti--------Puyol----Marquez----------Gio
-------Deco-----Riquelme---Xavi-----------
----------Giuly------------Ronaldinho
------------------Eto'o--------------------

I have been thinking for a while that the talent Roman has and the way Rijkaard play, he should be fit into team formation. I think he can play big role here if he knows how to play more defensive, because that's what this team need, not another attacking playmaker. Someone who can play as 'big boss' in central midfield.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
How much I like Xavi, Riquelme IS superior to him. So if he was to come back, Xavi should be benched. Another question does he have an EU passport?

·
1st Tier Poster
49,973 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
Hmm...how about this ?

---------------Victor Valdes---------------
Belleti--------Puyol----Marquez----------Gio
-------Deco-----Riquelme---Xavi-----------
----------Giuly------------Ronaldinho
------------------Eto'o--------------------
It probably wouldn't work at all. It's a tempting idea - 3 playmakers in central midfield. But there is only one ball, after all. And that means that they would get on each other's way. Fielding too many similar players together usually doesn't work very well. We already have two excellent playmakers in Xavi and Deco. Riquelme (who contributes very little in defence) is the last thing we need on our central midfield.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Barcawinner said:
How much I like Xavi, Riquelme IS superior to him. So if he was to come back, Xavi should be benched.
NEVER!!! :mad:
he's one of our most consistent player and u want to bench him!!! :eyepatch:
riquelme is not kind of player who helps the defense,he's only thinking about his attacking role contrary to xavi who do attacking and defensive duties!!!
:fero: FORCA XAVI :fero:

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
I can't believe some of you guys want to replace Xavi with Roman!!

Its true he has lots of skills, but Xavi is a true Barcelonista! While you don't know if Roman wil fit into your system or not.

Xavi is your best player this season, even better than Ronnie for gods sake!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts