Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Ronaldinho Gaucho? Unless there is some other Ronaldinho I have never heard of this is quite a strange comparison.

I haven't heard of Alex since his Parma days and then the Confederations Cup. Where is he now? I have to say he ws outstading as a Gialloblu. Great passing vision, a powerful shot and speed are some of his qualities but at the Confeds he wasn't the one I remember. You can never compare him to Ronaldinho though! Ronaldinho is one of the best players in the world, Alex is just another footballer, really.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Alex is just another footballer, really.
I dont think that sentence will go down well with some of the brazilians and rightly so. The guy has been superb with Cruzeiro and many people in South America wanted and felt he deserved to be chosen the world player of the year.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Both are amazing, but I'd say Ronaldinho, but just because he's more impressive.
More tricks, more fun to watch. Alex is sublime player also, but not as much a show as Ronaldinho is.

In terms of quality they're both the same, pretty much.

Just a question, what happened to Alex in Parma?
Raven says he was impressive, but I don't even remember him playing one game -only that they had signed him and constantly loaned him- so did he play? Why he left?:confused:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
end3r7 said:
Raven, you are wrong. Alex is nothing short of amazing right now.
I said I haven't seen him play recently. I don't know how amazing he is right now. ;)
Alex played at Parma. He was one of their best at the time. They loaned him out once and since then I haven't seen him play for a club.
Is Alex playing regularly for Brazil now? What is the starting line-up at the moment? Is Rivaldo still in the team?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Ronaldinho Gaucho is better than Alex, no doubt. Just to be clear: Alex is very good, but RG is simply better than him. ;) The Gaucho is faster and more driven. Alex is more of an an intellectual playmaker, a team organizer; he delivers *wicked* crosses and passes, and his finishing is also very good, but he doesn't have Ronaldinho's speed and mobility across the pitch.

This direct comparison is very harsh, because I sincerely believe Ronaldinho has the potential to be the best player in the world. Alex is very, very good... but he's not that good.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Raven said:
.......Alex is just another footballer, really.

I said I haven't seen him play recently. I don't know how amazing he is right now. ;)

Alex played at Parma. He was one of their best at the time. They loaned him out once and since then I haven't seen him play for a club.

Ehhh... since I can tell you for a fact that Alex NEVER played a single serieA game for Parma, and you yourself submit that you have not seen him since... I consider it to be rather a stretch when you're adamant on the best player of the Brazilian campionato 2003 being "just another footballer".

Come clean :tongue: .

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i think alex is better. i think he is more complete than ronaldinho. he cross, shoots and passes the ball much better than ronaldinho. i also think he has a better vision. the only thing is(someone already mentions that) ronaldinho is more fun to watch and faster. heck! being fast ain't every thing. socrates was slow and yet he is considered by many to be among football legends. one thing i know for sure is that ronaldinho hasn't played a season yet that can equate what alex did last season for cruzeiro.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Alex only had one pre-season at Parma. He's never played a competitive game in our shirt. Which is a great shame.

About the original topic, I agree with what most has said. Alex is amazing, but Ronaldinho is still probably better. At least in every club except Cruzeiro. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts