Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think?
Ronaldinho plays as a left wing for Barça. At least he position himself on the field like that.
Knowing that Rivellino was not a left wing fo his clubs and was not in the nt as well (if you watch the 70 games you'll se he was not a true winger, more like an AM).
The 3 greatest left wingers ever in Brasil are Pepe , Canhoteiro and Zagallo (correct me if I'm wrong).
So , Is Ronaldinho greater than these guys?
I say he is.
Pepe had the bad luck of injury himself before the 58 and 62 wc. He won it but was not a starter.
Zagallo was never known as a "super craque". Although he had a great all around game.
And finally Canhoteiro, a true genius. Some people call him the "Garrincha of the left side". And is considered by many to be the greatest left winger ever. Sad for him that he did not have a great career in the NT. He only played a few games and was left out of the 58 wc, because during the preparation of the team, he was caught in a night club.
What do you guys think about that?

PS: You can say Ronaldinho is not great for the NT, which is true. But at least he had a good wc in 2002 and was a starter.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I see him primarely as a trequartista who prefers to come from the left. Like Kaka, who prefers the right but is not a winger. Both have the opportunity of becoming legends, but its too early to tell.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts