Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has to be the single worst call I've seen so far in the W.C. Was it supposed to be for his studs hitting Mills' ankle, or for his lifting his arm? Either one was totally undeserving of a red card.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
It's a real shame, Ronaldinho is a nice boy and was even smiling about it. I am very mad right now but the main thing is to win the game first. Let's hope Ronaldo can take over the game now, he's the star right now do it Ronnie!

Cheers,
Patrick

·
Registered
232 Posts
yeah that was a horrible call. i dont know what the ref was thinking theres no way that should of been a red card. In a game of that magnitude they should only use the best referees.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
you guys have short memories and should stop complaining! every call in this world cup so far has been good for brazil, most famously the penalty against turkey and the goal that belgium scored. those two were HUGE calls that went in brazil's favor.

yes, the red card on ronaldinho was a little harsh. but it was not the worst call ever. he deserved a yellow card for sure. giving him a red was not a horrible call. it was bad, but it was not horrible.

in a long tournament (or even in just one game), sometimes you get good calls and sometimes you get bad calls. we didn't get this one, but we already got 20 others that were good for us. we should be happy.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
That's a good point you got there, Falcao. Ronaldinho will be all fresh and ready to go for the finals which we will probably make because we'll play Senegal or Turkey who I think are gonna be tough, but offcourse we'll pull out a win.

Who do you think should replace him, Juninho Paulista or Kaka? It's tough to give the youngster such a harsh spot but I'd give it to him.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Ronaldinho Gaucho's foul...

I'm not so sure it was unfair. He did go in with his feet sole up, and that's a red-card offense. I don't think it was a bad call. maybe tomorrow, when I'm sober, I'll think othewise.
:D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
No, even though Brasil had been lucky all the time, it doesn't make this bad call looks any fairer!
It's a yellow for sure, but a red? Ronaldinho don't evn go argue with him, that's just too surprised.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Looked 50-50 to me, Mills came in late and his foot connected with Ronadinho's as much as the other way around. The ref made a bit of a strange gesture with the card, like he was trying to send him off without anyone noticing.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Another evidence that, FIFA refrees suc k big time. :fero: :yuck:

Actually it was a boon in disguise for Brazil. :) They looked more solid playing with 10 men. Though Ronaldinho would have to sit out the next remaining game/games. :depress: :frustrat:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
This stupid mexican was clueless today.

BEckham should have been sent off for diving about 3 times in the box.

Also he almost never gave us a call....loads of offsides that were not offsides.

Well, at least all the "jealousy section" of xtratime will stop formulating conspiracy theories.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
'Boon'?!?

milano77 said:
Actually it was a boon in disguise for Brazil.
Well, it's very well disguised then... :rolleyes: It's bad for the team, but I trust our reserves. The world doesn't know what some of our subs like Kaka or Ricardinho can do... :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts