Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To say something like "all english teams will get kicked out" is a bit too arrogant. And on top of all that he says Barca has a 100% chance of beating Chelsea.

Maybe he should shut up and do the talking on the pitch or else that ugly grin he has is going to make him look like a fool when chelsea kick them out. Plus Man U always do well against Italian teams in Italy so they have a chance of beating Milan. Only Arsenal will surely go out.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yes u r absolutely right.. Ronaldinho thinks he is too good. He will not be able to do any of his show pony tricks if he plays in the rough and physical EPL.. He is doing his tricks in La Liga where the game is so open and defence is non existence.. Ask him to come and play in EPL and he will know he is not that good.. Scholsey will show him that it needs more than tricks to survive in EPL..

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GICA said:
When and where did he say that?
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=327017&cc=3888
Daily Mirror: 'I'm sure that Barcelona will reach the quarter-finals.

'My predictions would be Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, or AC Milan and maybe Inter to challenge. I don't think any of the English sides will do it.'

'Having seen Chelsea close up I am still 100 per cent confident that we will go through to the quarter-finals,' he added. 'We have a better team than Chelsea and I'm certain that we will score at Stamford Bridge to take us through.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
First of all, Arsenal have a better chance of going through than Manchester.

Then, just because Ronaldinho makes a statement like that he's too arrogant? Why not too confident? If you predict that all English teams are going through it makes you arrogant?

Beckham Mania, let me remind you that deffense doesn't define English football. A hard defense to break down is that of Milan. We did that! If Chelsea want to go thorugh they are not going to defend. Why am I telling you this, you belive Beckham should be captain of Madrid. :yuck: :yuck:

·
1st Tier Poster
50,447 Posts
papa said:
'My predictions would be Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, or AC Milan and maybe Inter to challenge. I don't think any of the English sides will do it.'
So all he did was saying his prediction...and that makes him arrogant? :rolleyes:

Seriously, nowadays it seems that any time when some player or manager says anything in media ahead of a crucial match, there is always some whiner who finds it "arrogant".

·
Registered
402 Posts
Papa you misunderstood what he said, he said that Real, Bayern and Milan will challenge for the title, a very reasonable statement, which implies that the 3 top English teams will be knocked out, but that is also a reasonable estimate as they all lost the first game.
He doesn't say Liverpool will be kicked out at this stage, he just didn't mention them as title challengers, which indeed they are unlikely to be.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mourinho who you lot claim is arrogant atleast said they had a 52% chance of beating Barca in the first leg. Now Ronaldinho, who isn't even half the player he was last season is saying they have 100% chance. That's arrogance. If you claim he is confident, why does he go as far as dismissing the other epl teams. He is undermining the epl like most people who follow/player in la liga, serie a.

He should be worried about his performace instead of saying something like this. Davids isn't there anymore to make him look good. I'll listen to Eto'o, Deco or Valdes more than listen to this overrated Brazillian who can't score a freekick even from two yards out and can't do anything else besides stepovers.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
:rollani:

Mourinho is arrogant because he says things like "I'm a top manager" and "the Champions League is mine". Making a prediction about teams isn't a display of arrogance, telling everyone how great you are is.

Ronaldiho believes all 4 English teams will go out. So do I, but that doesn't make ME arrogant, it's just a matter of deciding who you think will win the ties.

·
Registered
70,112 Posts
beckham mania said:
Ronaldinho thinks he is too good. He will not be able to do any of his show pony tricks if he plays in the rough and physical EPL..
Yeah as Beckham did :D

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
papa said:
To say something like "all english teams will get kicked out" is a bit too arrogant. And on top of all that he says Barca has a 100% chance of beating Chelsea.

Maybe he should shut up and do the talking on the pitch or else that ugly grin he has is going to make him look like a fool when chelsea kick them out. Plus Man U always do well against Italian teams in Italy so they have a chance of beating Milan. Only Arsenal will surely go out.
I'm 100% sure that he didn't say anything like that. You posted a link that quotes "Daily Mirror"... end of the story. No reliable.

Ronaldinho is not the kind of player that says this kind of things. The English tabloids always want to heat the matches. If they had used other player, maybe I would have had some doubts, but Ronaldinho? C'mon, simply UNBELIEVABLE.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Any arrogance that comes with Respect for the opponents are fine.

Without respect.. apparently... like what Ron mentioned .. shows Over-confidence and complacency.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
papa said:
He should be worried about his performace instead of saying something like this. Davids isn't there anymore to make him look good. I'll listen to Eto'o, Deco or Valdes more than listen to this overrated Brazillian who can't score a freekick even from two yards out and can't do anything else besides stepovers.
Ronaldinho isn't half the player he was last year for two reasons. And these are facts:

1) Last year we only had Ronaldinho. He would do the dribbling, the passing and the scoring. The arrival of Deco, Eto'o, Giuly and a winning team mentality (which we lacked last year) took off all the pressure on Ronaldinho, and got these guys, including the likes of Xavi and Iniesta, included in the game.

2) You might argue, that since all the pressure is off, why isn't he performing? Get me one player who can dribble atleast 2 defenders over him all the time. Its something you don't appreciate, the presence of Ronaldinho, allows the rest of the team to roam around freely. Who are you to judge his performance? How many vital assists has Ronaldinho given to Eto'o? His presence makes defenders think twice before doing anything stupid. Watch the games carefully. He is the most guarded player in the league.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ronaldinho isn't that much guarded, in recent games he's been playing on the left flank where he's fairly free at least in his initial position until he recieves the ball and starts moving forward.
Last year he used to handle crowded areas much better, this year he prefers to pass Eto'o from behind and let him handle the defenders.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Wait and see what happens. Ronnie is one of the nicest person I have ever seen on a pitch. You're pathetic.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
beckham mania said:
Yes u r absolutely right.. Ronaldinho thinks he is too good. He will not be able to do any of his show pony tricks if he plays in the rough and physical EPL.. He is doing his tricks in La Liga where the game is so open and defence is non existence.. Ask him to come and play in EPL and he will know he is not that good.. Scholsey will show him that it needs more than tricks to survive in EPL..
Actually it's the EPL that has a non-existent defence and is a forwards paradise.Have a look at how Henry makes the defenders look like fools.If anything Ronaldinho would score 50 goals a season in england.

·
Registered
472 Posts
beckham mania said:
Please little girl go and play with your dolls. Do you think Beckham is a rough player? The only thing he is doing in Madrid is trying to dive as good as Figo.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
papa said:

You my friend are arrogant. You say "Only Arsenal will surely go out". So all of a sudden Arsenal cannot play and ManU can. You must be one of those dumb people who claim that Arsenal are poor in Europe whilst ManU are very good. Since 1999 ManU has only made the Semifinals once and last year Arsenal were in it longer. English teams just dont do well in the champions league except the fluke in 1999. As it stands Arsenal MAY survive with Chelsea and United tumbling out or it can be ManU surviving or all three could survive.

All Ronaldinho did was to try and intimidate or wind-up Chelsea which is okay tactically. You on the other hand are ruling out Arsenal as if they do not have eleven good players.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Schumy said:
Actually it's the EPL that has a non-existent defence and is a forwards paradise.Have a look at how Henry makes the defenders look like fools.If anything Ronaldinho would score 50 goals a season in england.

man ur so funny, ronaldinho scored 5 in la liga. and beckham who sucks has 4, dont underrate a player just because he made italian teams look crap, vs chelsea, there was no RONALDINHO.

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
beckham mania said:
Remember World Cup, Ronaldinho killed Sol Campbell + Rio Ferdinand with ease to make room for Rivaldo to score, I guess they were just too tough to beat :pp :howler:

1 - 20 of 110 Posts