Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone noticed

after tonite's match something weird happened
it was on tv ...Ronaldinho and etto seemed to have had a fight with rijkaard and the security men on the field pulled them away..anyone knows anything about it?

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Rijkaard said a Chelsea official was provoking them and action results into reaction. It was not Ronnie and Eto'o fightning with Rijkaard. It was more like Rijkaard and Ronnie fighting against the stupid stewards.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Rijkaard actually went after the Chelsea official:cool:

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Some of those Stewards looked a bit over-motivated to me. Probably just wanted a bit of screen time on live television.
All I saw was Ronaldinho pushing them away with a clear "Don't touch me"-message. No idea about how it began and what happened before Ronaldinho came towards the bench.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
^yeah thats what I was told

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
the stewards at the Bridge are all right wing inbred neanderthals with knuckes scraping along the floor, i have no doubts they probably abused both players.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Did you also notice the ball boys gave the ball to the Chelsea players really fast when they needed to score and at 4-2 they were stalling the game? !

·
Registered
520 Posts
Barcawinner said:
Did you also notice the ball boys gave the ball to the Chelsea players really fast when they needed to score and at 4-2 they were stalling the game? !

Hahahahaha now that is what I called an observation. Still nothing to worry over.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Ronaldinho Incident After Game

You might have already discussed this in the Chelski match thread, but couldnt be bothered to look through the thousands of pages so may aswell ask here. Anyone know what happened after the game involving Dinho at the tunnel? I saw him pushing someone (dont know who), can anyone clear the incident up for me

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ronaldinho accident and carvalho incident news

http://sport.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=4231026

Ronaldinho Admits "Confrontation"

"PA"

Ronaldinho has admitted there was a confrontation in the tunnel after his Barcelona side bowed out of the Champions League at Chelsea last night.

The Brazilian World Footballer of the Year scored a penalty and a superb second goal to cut Chelsea’s 3-0 lead on the night to 3-2 at the interval, only for John Terry to head home a controversial late goal which gave give the Barclays Premiership club a 5-4 aggregate win.

The decision to allow the Terry goal infuriated some of the Barca players and as they left the field at the end of the game visiting coach Frank Rijkaard and Ronaldinho were involved in a scuffle with some stewards.

“I am very unhappy with the defeat and afterwards there was a confrontation in the tunnel because there were a lot of stewards and they would not let us leave,” Ronaldinho told the AS newspaper.

“We failed in some areas but we did not deserve to lose how we did and be knocked out of Europe.”

Ronaldinho felt Terry’s goal 13 minutes from time should not have been allowed as Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho appeared to pull back goalkeeper Victor Valdes as the ball went past him and into the corner of the net.

Carvalho told El Mundo Deportivo: “It is possible that I did infringe him a little but whether it was a foul is a matter for the referee.”

However, that was scant consolation for the despondent Brazilian.

“The goal to make it 5-4 involved a foul on Victor, and in fact the linesman stayed where he was and did not go to the centre because he had seen something,” added Ronaldinho.

“But later he rectified it with (Pierluigi) Collina and the goal was given.”

Opinions?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well I thought Carvalho fouled Victor and the goal shouldnt have stood. I'm a big believer in technology sorting these sorts of situations but in all honesty the linesman should have spotted it.

All in all Collina did well though, booking Xavi for his dive set the tone and I loved the way he told that little pain in the hole Makelele to shut up when he tried to hound him about decisions.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Barcawinner said:
That's what I already noticed in several Champions League matches. It's a shame that the ballboys are still from the homeclub every time. In matches of that level and importance there's no use for those stupid kids. It needs officials to get this job done. It's a disgrace and a shame that UEFA yet did not discover this problem and solved it.

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Chelsea reply to racism claim

Chelsea's director of communications Simon Greenberg claims Jose Mourinho is upset with Barcelona's allegations of racism after their defeat at Stamford Bridge as it threatens to overshadow a fabulous night at Stamford Bridge. The Blues triumphed against Mourinho's former club in a six-goal thriller but Samuel Eto'o's post-match allegation that he was called a 'monkey' by a member of the Chelsea groundstaff has soured a memorable evening in West London.

"Obviously everyone's in a fantastic mood," Greenberg told Sky Sports News. "I've just seen the manager, he popped in and is in an extremely buoyant mood.

"He is very unhappy about the allegations about racism; it's something he takes extremely seriously and he was one of the club's ambassadors for Kick Racism out of Football.

"He is extremely unhappy with the fact the club has allegations hanging over it. He wants to get back to talking about football and is looking forward to the draw."

Greenberg is adamant that there is no case to answer for Chelsea despite the comments from Eto'o and Ronaldinho's confrontation with officials after the game.

"We are concerned that this is attempting to overshadow what was a fantastic game and, in most people's views, one of the best games they ever saw," he added.

"We are very keen to clearly refute this allegation, which we completely deny, and get back to talking about football.

"We're aware of what happened and are confident what was claimed to have been said was not said. There are standard procedures after every game and, as a result of those, we are confident.

"The allegation is against one member of groundstaff and we are completely satisfied that no racist remark was made.

"I've no idea what Ronaldinho was reacting to and, as for the motives of Eto'o, you need to talk to him about them.

"As far as we are concerned, we completely refute any allegations of racist remarks. We condemn all forms of racism and are extremely unhappy that one of our members of staff, be that permanent or temporary, has been accused of making a racist remark.

"This is a serious matter but we don't want it to overshadow the game."

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
colinjack said:
All in all Collina did well though, booking Xavi for his dive set the tone and I loved the way he told that little pain in the hole Makelele to shut up when he tried to hound him about decisions.
I can't believe he overlooked :yuck:Makelele's kick against Iniesta's ankle in the first half though and didn't even give him a yellow card for it.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
MxPx said:
I can't believe he overlooked :yuck:Makelele's kick against Iniesta's ankle in the first half though and didn't even give him a yellow card for it.
I totally agree. Collina made mistakes in this match that were for my money on par with Frisks' from the first leg at the very least.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts