Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ronaldinho commented to 4-4-2 magazine last month that it was ludicrous to call him the best in the world. 'I'm not even the best in Barca,' he said.

And he meant it. Messi is so fast, so strong on the ball, so intelligent in his distribution and his running that Barca's whole game has suddenly switched from getting it to Ronaldinho to getting it to Messi. Something always happens. The outrageous left-footed chip that left Cech standing and bounced off the bar was just the icing on the cake.

Chelsea, with possibly the best defence in Europe, simply couldn't cope with him.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=359600&root=uefachampionsleague&cc=5901

agree? disagree?

messi > ronaldinho??!!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
messi was the best player last night though..... i dont know why uefa.com gave ronaldinho the man of the match for............

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
I agree that Messi played the biggest role in Barça's victory against Chelsea, but still Ronnie is player of class of his own. He is just being humble. Good attitude, btw. :)

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
Messi is going to be better than Maradona ;)

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Could Messi be a candidate for Player of the Year? If he has a good run through the Champions League and Argentina does well at the WC, could the youngster have a shot? Opinions.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Messi has been more consistant(sp?) over the whole season, but no one can match Ronaldinho when he's playing at his best.

·
Administrator
52,912 Posts
Barca fans must be the most spoilt bastards ever.

Like it wasn't enough to have a very competent team and the worlds best player(and entertainer), one also have to have the luck of having an out of this world talent like Messi(and not just a talent, a great player already...usually you only talk about waiting for their true potential with youngsters), in the same generation :pp

I'm a neutral as in not a Barca fan(Liked them to most in La liga since a decade or so though...underacheivers sens mostly, but their football philosophy is admirable, despite the failures), and still jumped out of my seat out of excitement very frequently(and cursed Chelsea :D when they played ugly...which is a tendencies a fan usually shows, no :pp) hehe, and I suspect many others did too.

Rant over.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Messi said:
Messi has been more consistant(sp?) over the whole season, but no one can match Ronaldinho when he's playing at his best.
but u dont know what messi's best is yet now do u ?... so ease up he's still young his best is yet to come....

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Osman said:
Barca fans must be the most spoilt bastards ever.

Like it wasn't enough to have a very competent team and the worlds best player(and entertainer), one also have to have the luck of having an out of this world talent like Messi(and not just a talent, a great player already...usually you only talk about waiting for their true potential with youngsters), in the same generation :pp

I'm a neutral as in not a Barca fan(Liked them to most in La liga since a decade or so though...underacheivers sens mostly, but their football philosophy is admirable, despite the failures), and still jumped out of my seat out of excitement very frequently(and cursed Chelsea :D when they played ugly...which is a tendencies a fan usually shows, no :pp) hehe, and I suspect many others did too.

Rant over.
:thumbsup:

the way they play the game and with players like that you can't fail to admire, if you don't you don't love football.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Not according to Rob who would rather see players like Keane, Essien and Del Horno make bone crunching tackles on talented players and end their careers.

'Cause afterall it's mans game. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
solid_snake said:
well duh, rooney doesn't act hurt and all the BS messi showed yesterday against chelsea. :D
Get over it my man. you've never seen a young kid pick apart Chelsea the way he did, admit it. It won't hurt you to do so.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
yeah, let's just make the game as ugly as possible. Sound like ideal to many in here. Why not just make it into American Football. Or perhaps if you enjoy people getting torn to shreads, why don't you watch American Football instead?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I don't know if Ronaldinho is the best in the world or no. However, one thing for sure i like the way Messi plays more than him.

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
I hope he does :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts