Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=361041&cc=5739

Ronaldinho has pledged his loyalty to current employers Barcelona.

The playmaker, who scored his side's goal in last night's 1-1 draw which saw Barca eliminate Chelsea to clinch a place in the Champions League quarter-finals, has been linked with a move to the London club in the summer.

Chelsea's billionaire owner Roman Abramovich has used his vast wealth to lure a galaxy of stars to Stamford Bridge, but Ronaldinho insisted he would not be tempted.

The Brazilian told a press conference today: 'There's no amount of money that can buy my happiness.

'In football things change rapidly but I don't see myself playing for any other club.

'I don't think there's any place where I could be more happy than where I am now.

'I see myself in Barcelona for the rest of my life.'

Ronaldinho also revealed his lifestyle in the Catalan capital is behind his sublime performances on the pitch.

'My life continues to be happy,' he said.

'I enjoy my time on and off the pitch to the maximum and you see it in my performances in games.'

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
FC Barcelona - We're more than a club.

Ronaldinho - He's more than a football player :proud:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
THANK GOD

how lucky we are to have him :proud:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
It goes like this:

God
Ronaldinho
Satan
Mourinho

·
Registered
652 Posts
Another proof that he's more that just an ordinary football player:

There is a foundation in Poland (an probably in most of the countries) which fulfiills dreams of ill children. There was a 14 year old boy in Poland who wanted to meet Ronaldinho. He went to Barcelona with his family and some of the volunteers working for the foundation and here's what one of the volunteers wrote afterwards (sorry for the translation :) ):

Barcelona, Camp Nou, 17 April 2005 – the date none of us will ever forget, and surely nor will our dreamers… Tomek and Piotrek. Until the very end meeting Ronaldinho seemed to be an impossible wish, until we made it to the stadium and met mrs. Arantza Danez, the person who organized the meeting with Ronaldinho for us. Our dreamers received an invitation to the VIP area from the president of FC Barcelona Joan Laporta. The dream began to fulfill as soon as we crossed the stadium’s gate… a little less than 2 hours to the beginning of the match, Tomek can’t wait to see the players coming to the pitch… we hear people shouting and applauding and then, so close to us, the players occur… one star after another… Tomek is extremely happy, he doesn’t feel cold at all despite a chilly wind… a worm-up, Tomek observes his hero and comments on everything he does – in the meantime he tells me about the career, skills and why he admires Ronaldinho. Another minutes pass by and suddenly it turns out the two hours of waiting are over. The game begins…

Tomek comments on the whole match… his eyes wide open and a smile, his curiosity and all the happiness visible on his face… joy after the goal scored by Ronaldinho is impossible to tell… we still can’t believe we could meet him. Will he spend some of his valuable time with us, will he want to talk and give autographs?

After the game we were invited to a place where the players go out to the pitch, we could hear chants from the changing room… ‘Quiet, said Tomek, they’re singing because they’re happy after winning the match’

The tension became bigger with every moment, once in a while a player occurred. ‘O man’ shouted Tomek and they all came
to say hallo to our dreamer and took photos… we still waited for Ronaldinho, no that’s not him, not yet, he’s taking a shower, so we have to be patient… There he is… smiling and happy, he said hallo to our dreamers, he was happy to take some pictures and put autographs on the boy’s t-shirts and the photos… he was calm and not in a hurry at all, a guy who understands how much happiness he can bring with just his presence…

Everyone, including the club president was happy because of the meeting.

Then they helped to take Tomek to a lift and made sure that everything finishes without any problems… the boys were extremely happy and so were we, the volunteers. However, what made the biggest impression on Tomek was that after we left the stadium and we were waiting for the taxi Ronaldinho who was passing by in his car lowered the window, looked out of it and waving to us shouted ‘adios’… we couldn’t hold back the tears in our eyes… and I think to sum our meeting we can say that the most important we can give to another person is his dream. And Ronaldinho surely knows how to put all his heart into doing it.

Here is a link to the original version. There are some photos - a link to them just under the first article.
Look at the one with Laporta. Now that shows Barca is more than a club. No wonder Ronnie wants to stay here for life.
And i bet there were much more situations like this one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts