Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ronaldinho for good

His manager and brother, Roberto de Assis, has offered a contract with no term. Aside Chelsea, who may go back for him, Inter doesn't discard to try his signing.

Ronaldinho wants to retire in Barcelona and his people is working in a plan to finance a contract without term that would not make Barcelona's economy suffer. Roberto de Assis traveled to Barcelona 15 days ago to analyze the project with the Catalan club.

We're talking about a plan to armour the continuity of the FIFA World Player. Lately, the barcelonista club (Txiki) has suggested that they fear that Abrahmovic's Chelsea try to sign him again, as they did last summer.

At the same time, some sectors are speculating about the possibility of selling the player after the WC 2006, for some an ideal moment because Ronaldinho would be at the peak of his career. At the same time, his buyout clause loses value every year. Next summer will be 150 million € yet, but after the WC, it will be 100 M and at the end of his contract (2008), 80 M €.

The buyout clause is lower every year, but the commercial and sport value of the player has made that some big clubs wonder his signing. It's also the case of Moratti's Inter. In the last meeting of Inter's Board, it seems that Moretti asked who would be a good signing, if finally Adriano leaves the club. The directors of the club agreed that only Ronaldinho would be worth, in a sport and economical way.

This is Roberto de Assis' plan. He wants to say "no" to every club that asks for him. The plan is to gather 5 high level sponsors (Nike would be always present and the North American company is interested in the continuity of Ronaldinho in Barcelona) to finance the undefined contract of Ronaldinho in the club.

Ronaldinho and his brother (who is going to establish his residency in Barcelona next September with his son Diego, Ronaldinho's favourite) know that their only wish is to continue in Barcelona. Ronaldinho thinks that, if even without a title, he got the FIFA World Player, he could accomplish his dream of winning 3 before retiring, being champion. He thinks that, even knowing the greatness of other clubs, he won't be in any place as he is in Barcelona. He's thankful to the club because he thinks that it has been the best "shop window" for his football.

It's a similar formula to the one that Nuñez wanted to keep Ronaldo in 1997, but it didn't work because one of the companies retired in the last moment after seeing Ronaldo's attitude in the "Sambodromo" in Rio's Carnival. When Nuñez achieved that TV3 could finance the operation, Ronaldo already had signed for Inter.

Ronaldinho and his agent don't want history to be repeated. They do not link his continuity to Sandro Rosell's one. Ronaldinho wants to retire in Barcelona.

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20050217/NOTICIA191978089.html

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/mund...vo55_graphic_10_1_2_20050217_YBA03M11.EPS.jpg

·
Registered
744 Posts
That is a perfect deal for the club and for the player
I think that Ronnie shouldn't be sold for any price. He can bring the magic and the trophies back to BARCA

·
Registered
747 Posts
barcamkd33 said:
That is a perfect deal for the club and for the player
I think that Ronnie shouldn't be sold for any price. He can bring the magic and the trophies back to BARCA
EVERY PLAYER HAS ITS PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

except ronnie

·
Registered
45 Posts
How oftes it happens in football world? I mean are there any world class players with no-term contrats?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Zorn said:
How oftes it happens in football world? I mean are there any world class players with no-term contrats?
I dont know but i highly doubt it...for that it has to be a great rich club(read barca) and a extermly good player who loves that club so much and loves the environment around and in the club(read ronnie)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
i sincerly hope that this is all true and Ronnie deep in his heart wants to remain a cule 4 life, it would bring great assurance to me as is get worried when i hear things like i heard on revista del la liga (sky sports show about spanish football) about 3 weeks ago, when the man based in Barcelona to report how the team are continuing to do and who they may sign, it said alot about thr Rosell issue and that apparently, Abramovich said he "could" pay enough money for barcelona to part with ronaldinho, but Mourinho said no, but apparenlty he said NOT YET, so i just hope Ronnie wants to stay in his heart, it seems that way as he said hes becoming more catalan each day

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Hmm Deco's release clause is too low. 50 million. I would hate to see Chelsea buy him, since Mourinho is an admirer of Deco..

Anyway, a contract without a term, would mean he stays with Barcelona untill Barcelona wants to sell him? There is no release clause?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
i highly doubt they would go in for him, no disrespect at all to the player because i absolutley love what he has done for us, Deco is a true fighter and i want him to remain with us for as long as possible, my guess is that Mourinho is Biding his time, to go in for Kaka, he admires him alot and i think he is the one in which mourinho says he will go infor a world beater in the summer

·
Registered
148 Posts
Barcawinner said:
Hmm Deco's release clause is too low. 50 million. I would hate to see Chelsea buy him, since Mourinho is an admirer of Deco..

Anyway, a contract without a term, would mean he stays with Barcelona untill Barcelona wants to sell him? There is no release clause?
If somebody offers €50m for Deco, Barca should take the money and run. Think about it, it is roughly the same amount that we payed for Eto'o AND Ronnie...

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Barcawinner said:

I don't think that anyone pay 50 million for Deco, if any real rumour is raised, then the club should do something about it.

The buyout clause is obligatory in Spain, so they'll have to negotiate it. I have doubts about the no-term contract. Is it possible with the new regulations of UEFA?

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Im really in the wild about this no term contract. Anyone care to shed some more light on it please ?

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Whatever the technicalities, I'd love to see Ronnie at Barca for life. :)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Not that I care if Ronaldinho stays at Barca his entire career but...

Legally speaking, a no-term contract would be extremely easy to get out of. At any time, a party can state that it's null and void due to non-specified terms and conditions and that would render the contract useless.

It wouldn't be hard to imagine any court overturning such a contract and then the player would immediately become a free agent. If Barca has any intelligent lawyers, this type of contract should not be entered into, at least not without some secondary, more typical contract.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
MAD Fan said:
Not that I care if Ronaldinho stays at Barca his entire career but...

Legally speaking, a no-term contract would be extremely easy to get out of. At any time, a party can state that it's null and void due to non-specified terms and conditions and that would render the contract useless.

It wouldn't be hard to imagine any court overturning such a contract and then the player would immediately become a free agent. If Barca has any intelligent lawyers, this type of contract should not be entered into, at least not without some secondary, more typical contract.

What are you talking about? What you're saying doesn't make sense... Null and void due to non-specified terms? Why?

Such a contract could easily say "Player "X" agrees to play his entire professional career with club "Y", indefinitely until retirement, and shall not enter into a professional contract with any other professional club. Should the player announce retirement, and come back to play with another club, he agrees to pay club "Y" a penalty fee of "Z"" and they could make "Z" an ridiculously high amount.
I'm not saying that it would happen (or that it would even be beneficial to either the Club, or the Player, but there is nothing in it that suggests it would be easy to overturn, and that the player would become a free agent, especially for bullshit like "unspecified reasons"... It would be so easy to just stick any number of clauses into the contract to make sure that it's legally binding.

PS Barça is run by lawyers (Laporta himself), accountants (Soriano), and professional sports men (Rosell), so it's not as if they would know what they are doing...

Anyways, I don't want ANY player bound to the club for his professional lifetime... it just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Koeman4 said:
It's a similar formula to the one that Nuñez wanted to keep Ronaldo in 1997, but it didn't work because one of the companies retired in the last moment after seeing Ronaldo's attitude in the "Sambodromo" in Rio's Carnival.

What did Ronaldo do wrong at Carnaval?

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
SambaLosAngeles said:
Koeman4 said:
It's a similar formula to the one that Nuñez wanted to keep Ronaldo in 1997, but it didn't work because one of the companies retired in the last moment after seeing Ronaldo's attitude in the "Sambodromo" in Rio's Carnival.

What did Ronaldo do wrong at Carnaval?

He was caught deep-tongue-kissing Roberto Carlos...

·
Registered
116 Posts
zyad said:
What are you talking about? What you're saying doesn't make sense... Null and void due to non-specified terms? Why? . . . . .

PS Barça is run by lawyers (Laporta himself), accountants (Soriano), and professional sports men (Rosell), so it's not as if they would know what they are doing...

Anyways, I don't want ANY player bound to the club for his professional lifetime... it just doesn't make sense.
Without targeting the substance of K4's post, MAD Fan's post makes sound legal sense at least under American law (at least in some states). So I doubt that his post should be disregarded. But I have NO IDEA what contract law for personal services (sporting) contracts are in Spain. Anyway, the business concepts regarding Ronaldinho are very interesting irrespective of their practicability.

·
Registered
116 Posts
zyad said:
He was caught deep-tongue-kissing Roberto Carlos...
PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT TRUE. I don't want to be prejudiced, but I'm VERY disappointed. I don't think he'd live that down in the U.S. But, maybe I'm wrong. Who knows?

Damn! Now I'll never get this one out of my mind.

:googly:

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
SambaLosAngeles said:
PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT TRUE. I don't want to be prejudiced, but I'm VERY disappointed. I don't think he'd live that down in the U.S. But, maybe I'm wrong. Who knows?

Damn! Now I'll never get this one out of my mind.

:googly:

Hahhaa... don't worry I was joking... that didn't happen there...

(Maybe in France on Monday!)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts