Xtratime Community banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

· Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
18,032 Posts
Ronie is awesome, changed the face of Barca, and of course as any other player, not alone, but even the confidence, the state of grace of many has to do a lot with the pressure Ronie had lifted in his back since day one.
The team had the time to rearm in many ways with the weight in his shoulders, and now is not that dependant on him.
Even sitting in a chair he makes difference, he will be mark for instance anyway, and the rest when turn their heads KNOW that Ronie is there..how can you don't feell more calm and play better with him there?.
Add that Xavi knows there is Marquez for pure defending, that Etoo knows there is Larsson and Giuly to open spaces, that there is Pujol at the last line, and mostly that EVERYONE is OFFERING to a most important task than just tackling and defending, they OFFERED to be a second, third option of pass, this leads to loose fewer balls, less oportunities to defend, Barca is NOW a TEAM, and the bench with Iniesta, Damia and Messi is on fire..but Ronie was/will be the wild CARD, the AS of SPADES ready to make the biggest injure in the core of the rival...
 

· Canonized
Joined
·
38,056 Posts
GICA said:
Maybe in Brazil, not here :tongue:

Julio Baptista is better in SPain than in Brazil........ he scored 20 goals last season, somehting he never dreament of in Brazil!

Btw, Guti IMO is better than Xavi.... just to give an example of a non-brazilian player.

Anyway, let Renato settle down, and he will proove you guys all wrong. :ass: :drunk: :nervous:
 

· Canonized
Joined
·
38,056 Posts
Barcawinner said:
You obviously did not see the FC Barcelona - Real Madrid and Real Madrid - Bayer Leverkusen games xD
Saw both games... and it's not because R. MAdrid are in a bad situation that i would go for Xavi instead of Guti. If i had to pick one of the 2 for my team i would definitly go for Guti (independent of what clubs they play).

And for Gica.... funny how you say that one player might be good in Brazil but not SPain, when you have a squad based on BRAZILIAN players :eekani: :lick: :drunk: :boxing: :wallbang: :undecide: :thmbdown: :howler: :howler:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
26,710 Posts
Ze, I was about to consider your opinion about Renato being better than Xavi as "well, perhaps he knows better" (I've seen Renato play a couple of times and he looks good)... but then you make that statement about Guti being better than Xavi...

So what that Julio Baptista was not that good in Brazil? He's an awesome player!
 

· Canonized
Joined
·
38,056 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Ze, I was about to consider your opinion about Renato being better than Xavi as "well, perhaps he knows better" (I've seen Renato play a couple of times and he looks good)... but then you make that statement about Guti being better than Xavi...

So what that Julio Baptista was not that good in Brazil? He's an awesome player!
Well Amoroso,

If you see the statement that i was replying from GIca... he was saying that Renato was only good in Brazil. Renato is ten times better than Julio Baptista.... who is very poor to say the least. I really don't know how this guy is able to be called for teh BRazilian NT... and Liternit has teh similar thought to me (julio used to play for Sao Paulo!).

and i still think Guti is better than Xavi!
 

· Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,155 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Julio Baptista is better in SPain than in Brazil........ he scored 20 goals last season, somehting he never dreament of in Brazil!

Btw, Guti IMO is better than Xavi.... just to give an example of a non-brazilian player.

Anyway, let Renato settle down, and he will proove you guys all wrong. :ass: :drunk: :nervous:
Baptista is young and he's progressing. As far as I know, Baptista had more defensive tasks in Brazil, while he's a second striker in Spain.

About Renato... I can wait.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
CMBurns u have lost ur mind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not the most important hehehehe come on man what da f**k are u on about??? he is the catalyst,the back bone the hart and soul of that barca team without his presence and leadership barca would be just another good team and nothing more. He is the man that they are building their team around every single player on that team builds of him just playing next to him improves their moral twice as much. JUST PICTURE THAT TEAM WITHOUT him hehehe just another good team like depo used to be hehehe nothing more

MOST IMPORTANT
1.RONNIE number 1 by far



2.Puyol
3.xavi
4.eto'o
5.deco
 

· Registered
Joined
·
26,710 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Renato is ten times better than Julio Baptista.... who is very poor to say the least. I really don't know how this guy is able to be called for teh BRazilian NT...
Yeah well, you were surprised that Adriano was called up too. Have you changed your opinion on him yet? ;)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,139 Posts
CMBurns said:
The most important players in Barca are (in order):
1. E'too
2. Puyol
3. Valdes
4. Deco
5. Ronaldinho
6. Xavi
As much as I like Sammy, he is far from the most important player on the team. A lot of strikers would get similar stats with such potent magicians behind them, in my opinion.
Puyol, Xavi and Ronaldinho are the ones I consider irreplaceable (Xavi might be up to discussion, but only because we have Iniesta, who might do similarly great). After them, there comes Deco.

How you can limit Ronaldinho in your valuation to tricks only is honestly beyond me. On more than once occasion, he carried and saved the whole team last season. This season (and latter part of the last one), the whole team develop and gelled and therefore, as some already said, is less dependent on one player only, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Ronaldinho is doing worse.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,123 Posts
The person who scores and makes the most goals is not always the best player.

Ronaldinho is the spirit of the team, and its his rhythm and enthusiasm that wins the team games. Although he might not always make the pass right before the goal, he dictates the pace of the game, and that is VERY important.

Ronaldinho is the best player in the world right now.

You obviously know nothing about the sport if you think he's not even the best on his team.
 

· Canonized
Joined
·
38,056 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Baptista is young and he's progressing. As far as I know, Baptista had more defensive tasks in Brazil, while he's a second striker in Spain.

About Renato... I can wait.
Julio Baptista played in several different positions in Brazil... he played a long time as playmaker and sometimes he played as striker. He also played in defense. Never been imporessed with him in any positiion... any many sao paulo fans agree with me
 

· Registered
Joined
·
71,222 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Julio Baptista is better in SPain than in Brazil........ he scored 20 goals last season, somehting he never dreament of in Brazil!

Btw, Guti IMO is better than Xavi.... just to give an example of a non-brazilian player.
Yes and Adrian Ilie scored more goals in Spain than Romania WTH

Guti better than Xavi? :googly:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
71,222 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
And for Gica.... funny how you say that one player might be good in Brazil but not SPain, when you have a squad based on BRAZILIAN players :eekani: :lick: :drunk: :boxing: :wallbang: :undecide: :thmbdown: :howler: :howler:
And what´s your point?

Renato has shown nothing until now here. That´s true. I´m not saying that the Brazilian players are bad or something similar...I´m not stupid :wallbang:

Renato was good in Brazil, but he needs to improve in this season with Sevilla.
 
21 - 40 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top