Xtratime Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what happend to both these players ...

I rember 3-4 years ago they were on top of the world ... And ever since Ronaldinho moved to Milan, we havent heard much from his apprent fresh start ressurection .. infact much of what I hear is that he's pretty much a good player ..level . .and not on the UBER STAR legen status he was not so long ago ..

And Dos santos, the kid many felt was his HEIR at Barca ..Last I heard he was loaned out to Championship side .. I havent heard or seen one club preparing a bid for him ...

This kid was immense a few years ago .. when it was that U17 World Cup ... where guys like Vela, Anderson... came on the scene ...

·
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
7,425 Posts
Dos Santos has had constant injuries this year, and at the wrong times. Will he come good? Who knows.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
the ronaldinho at barca from 2004-2006 was the best player ive ever seen, mind boggingly brilliant- i would love to see him back to his best one day- his decline has been quite incredible, the ability is still there he just isnt motivated.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
they are both talented, Ronaldinho is obviously one of the best in this decade, but both have the wrong mentality.
Dos Santos is young and can pull something, Ronaldinho seems to be done, I can't imagine him doing something special again.

·
Registered
59,515 Posts
yeah the Michael Jackson look
Dos Santos has had constant injuries this year, and at the wrong times. Will he come good? Who knows.
Redknapp won't play him anyway

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Questioning a player's motivation is invariably the answer when people don't know what is wrong; the player simply isn't himself anymore. How on earth can you measure motivation, anyway?

With Dinho, imo, it is largely down to a player who had speed and acceleration as a key component to his game having lost a step. Ronaldinho does not have that burst of speed anymore and yet is still played out wide in position that demands pace. He still has the touch and vision, but he cannot make runs from 30-40 yards out anymore. I think if he played closer to goal so that his ability to create a bit space leads to a shot on goal instead of space to take on defenders then he might find more success. He is useless out on the left, but if he played closer to goal......Problem is he seems intent on playing his old position.

·
Registered
27,573 Posts
Questioning a player's motivation is invariably the answer when people don't know what is wrong; the player simply isn't himself anymore. How on earth can you measure motivation, anyway?

With Dinho, imo, it is largely down to a player who had speed and acceleration as a key component to his game having lost a step. Ronaldinho does not have that burst of speed anymore and yet is still played out wide in position that demands pace. He still has the touch and vision, but he cannot make runs from 30-40 yards out anymore. I think if he played closer to goal so that his ability to create a bit space leads to a shot on goal instead of space to take on defenders then he might find more success. He is useless out on the left, but if he played closer to goal......Problem is he seems intent on playing his old position.
Isn't that lack of motivation?

I always thought Gago looked like Morientes.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
No, that is just being stubborn and wanting to play like you always did. You could argue that he is trying to regain his old form so he can play like he used to. LAck of motivation might be agreeing to switch just because somebody asked you to.

·
Registered
27,573 Posts
Or it could be interpreted as him not having motivation to challenge himself and play in a different postion.

But I was really just being a smartass, I basically agree with you that it is not lack of motivation, he is just a guy who's nearing 30 years of age and is not the same player he was a few years ago.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I think in this case, agreeing to move to the forward spot might be a lack of motivation in that it require less runnign and need to be pacy and fit. But yeah, I think that last sentence it about right. He still seems like he wants to be the best, but just cant do it anymore.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Giovani had the talent, but not the head to use it properly. I don't know if he was going to be the best, although his projection was good. The problem is that he decided to live like a prima-donna even before having a place in the XI of a professional team.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Giovani had the talent, but not the head to use it properly. I don't know if he was going to be the best, although his projection was good. The problem is that he decided to live like a prima-donna even before having a place in the XI of a professional team.

Yeah good point, but this started when he starting associating with Gaucho and partying like crazy in Barcelona, It all seemed to go downhill from there

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Ronaldinho's decline is all due to lack of fitness. He has partied too much, and ruined his fitness long term. We might see him return to his great past, if someone can get him seriously fit.

Giovanni Dos Santos is still a very good player but his problems all lie in his head. Very quick and one of the most exciting players in the world when he turns it on, but he is so inconsistent. He is lazy, and I think physically very unfit, and needs to to mature, but Arry needs to get him fit and switched on to play.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts