Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I only just found this out on the bbc news website
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3648051.stm

I'm really shocked and thought that type of comment was in the past - just glad that it didn't go out on British Tv and think his comment that he was just frustrated is the lamest excuse ever - as if that makes saying a racist comment ok!

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
What the hell did he say :eekani: ???

It doesn't say :confused:

Must have been bad.
Shame realy as I'd never have thought he was the kind to do that with his reputation.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Balis-of-Steel said:

Shame realy as I'd never have thought he was the kind to do that with his reputation.
Well I won't miss his co-commentating ability, thats for sure.

Some of his footballing sayings were ridiculously funny to begin with, but then he started using his stupid sayings way too much :eek:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Thank you God. Normally I hate racists, but he did this for the best. I have heard my last piece of Ron Atkinson nonsence. He thinks he knows everything about football, he doesn't give anyone else a chance to comment. 'Me, me, me, I'm the best and I'm "big ron" the smartass and I'm really funny, everyone laugh at me saying Liverpool will win the title, ha ha."

Next on my wish list are Guy Mowbray who always shouts van Nistelrooy at the top of his voice; the idiot commentated the Chelsea game yesterday along with Big Ego but small dick, Ron Atkinson. And last but definetely not f***ing least is Matt Smith. The wanker who hosts On the Ball when Gaby Logan is busy. I hate his constant poetic commentary, it makes me want to break the TV sometimes. Thank God I haven't seen him commentate a Fulham game.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Thinking about it, this might turn out worse. What if he moves to BBC for MoTD next season? :wallbang:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Balis-of-Steel said:
I heard Adrian Chiles is taking over MoTD from Gary Lineker.
Anyone heard anything about it?
Who is Adrian Chiles? I always liked Linekar on commentating, its sad to see him leave just as the Premiership is moving back to its true home.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Balis-of-Steel said:
I heard Adrian Chiles is taking over MoTD from Gary Lineker.
hmmm.... I don't think his football knowledge is that great, I think he even admits it when he has done 6-0-6 in the past.

But to anchor a footy show it doesn't really matter. :)

btw - he's a Baggies fan ain't he Jon? :rollani: ;)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
StuPid said:
hmmm.... I don't think his football knowledge is that great, I think he even admits it when he has done 6-0-6 in the past.

But to anchor a footy show it doesn't really matter. :)

btw - he's a Baggies fan ain't he Jon? :rollani: ;)
Oh, the fat one. Naaaaaaaaa... :(

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Chiles, yes hes a Baggies fan, might put the Baggies on prime slot every week :D

The fat one Alan Green ???
Chiles is large but not in the same girth as Green! :)

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I think we'll all be glad that Ron has gone - he's commentating abilities were worse than his managerial ones!

He's what he said:
"He's whats known in some schools as a f***ing lazy thick n****r"

Thats really bad and then when he gets found out he gives the lamest and insulting excuse
"If you look at my track record as a manager, I was one of the first managers in the game to give black players a chance"
If I was a black person that would make me even more mad!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I think Ron should be made to go on Sky tonight to repeat his comments to Desailly's face ,that would be a ratings winner i'm sure. :fero:

not only a racist, but a coward.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Where did he say this? And who was it about?

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He said this about Desailly and it was after the Chelsea - Monaco game. The Broadcast feed had finished in Britain but was still going out across the Middle East - Ron thought he was off air but wasn't!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Natalya said:
He said this about Desailly and it was after the Chelsea - Monaco game. The Broadcast feed had finished in Britain but was still going out across the Middle East - Ron thought he was off air but wasn't!
lol how unfortunate

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Natalya said:
Yeah I think we'll all be glad that Ron has gone - he's commentating abilities were worse than his managerial ones!

He's what he said:
"He's whats known in some schools as a f***ing lazy thick n****r"

Thats really bad and then when he gets found out he gives the lamest and insulting excuse
"If you look at my track record as a manager, I was one of the first managers in the game to give black players a chance"
If I was a black person that would make me even more mad!
He had a worse excuse than that one too:

"I didn't realise the mic was still on".

This mean its ok to make racist remarks about football players just as long as he's not on air? :rolleyes:

·
International
9,526 Posts
horrific gaff...but unfortunately, plenty of people say horrendous stuff about footballers, and much of it is culturally or racially offensive:( You only have to read XT on any given day to see that.

What Atkinson said has no place on television or anywhere else for that matter, and quite rightly he's lost his job, but it sickens me how people will now strut about saying, 'oh what a sick [email protected]' when the majority of people say something similar to this, at least once, themselves, in relation to a football match. Get ready for an immense wave of hypocracy from the tabloids.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts