Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He cant leads Villareal to beat a team like Alkamar how he will be able to lead Argentina to win The world cup!

Argentina badly need another playmaker maybe alongside with Romi.
I know Romi fans wants to kill me now but really i miss the feeling of winning some thing big (world cup). At the same time, i wish that i am mistaken and Romi will prove that i dont know anything about football.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
ALHONSI5,,,

Your judgement is upon the weakest evidence ever! Roman is not letarily a leader, he is a playmaker and a very successful one though out all of his career except for that horrible season with Barca. Back to the game against Alkamar, I do not think it is Roman duty to make goals and score them, he just can not pass the ball to himslef and score a goal, I am not saying it is the strikers fault, but it was not Roman's fault also that Seina shots that open goal chance over the god damn bar nor its his fault to his the post 6 times this season when he takes the freekicks!

I just hope you balance things in your mind and calculate the whole thing in your mind like this: 15 assists + 12 goals = success or failure?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
roman had a great game!!!! he was unlucky with the freekick, someone close this thread, this guys a fool.. pooh no need to argue with this clown

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
If u watched the game you would have realized riquelme wasbrilliant in both legs

pure class

but I would point out he did MISS a PK in the 1st leg

would have made everything different

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
You should watch today's game against Betis! Villarreal had so many chances but thet were extremely unlucky! Well, still 3 points in hand against Osasuna and next week hopefully RM will shock against us :D

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
:D

It is going to be brilliant if Romi snatches a goal and assist another against RM :D I know Barca fans love him but this, will make him a super hero for them ;)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Unfortunately, I'll have to agree with ALHOSNI5.

Example: Madrid Vs Villarreal (2-1)

Villa's goal: Roman created the chance with a great pass to Forlan, who was brought down in the D.

But what was abyssmal about his performance was Roman was 1-on-1 with the keeper, and he ran towards the goal post and could not finish it but ended up with a lame pass to Forlan on the left.

Roman is a playmaker and not a striker - agreed. But a playmaker should be able to wrap up a 1-1 situation.

I am a die-hard Argentine fan but I sincerely doubt if we will be able to lift the trophy in Berlin in 2006.

I have some questions - perhaps you might be able to shed some light

1. Why does Roman never challenge the opposition? No challenges, no tackles.... or is it just my eyes playing tricks?
2. Why does Roman always wants others to give him the ball? Meaning, when Villa had the ball, Roman would go to the Villa midfielder and literally get the ball from him instead of waiting for a pass?

Please do not misunderstand me - Roman is a very good player. But my main worry is that he does not have the caliber to win us the most coveted trophy again. 1986 seems so far away.

We had a great chance in 2002, thanks to Bielsa's practice of putting old legs like Batigol, Veron, Ortega instead of Roman or Saviola on the pitch that we failed to qualify for the second round. It hurts...

I don't want us to win the next game against Ecuador and qualify. In that case for the game against Brazil, we won't field a full strength team. If we don't qualify we will and I'd be most interested to see how Pekerman juggles the players since I think he will field the team that will most probably play in the worldcup (if we do not win against Ecuador and face Brazil)

Once again, would greatly appreciate your inputs but no flames please.

Ciao! :)

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
roman should have finished this is true

but don't doubt roman man

ok ok he loss to AK and now Real
but at least give him one more chance

against barcelona

plus they drew w/ real last time they played and beat barca last time they played

everyone makes a few mistakes, besides roman will have PLENTY of help carrying us to the world cup PABLO AIMAR will be on the pitch with him

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
yup roman should of finished that chance.. no excuses , sometimes u have to ve selfish and he wasnt , but for your other argument roman is playing exactly how he played at boca... he needs the ball , he runs in to open space so he can recieve the ball, against real madrid he was on his last yellow card which did end up getting and now will miss next weeks game, i think he was more worried about that, i dont knwo why people doubt roman villarreal is an average team, argentina is a power house, if roman can carry villarreal this far, how far can he carry argentina? u tell me whos better then roman? u will say ronaldinho but he's the best player in the world so he's better then everyone, so romans number 2, which is not bad :D

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Balamurugan,

It is different when it comes to Argentina as a power house. The midfield in the world cup should be like:

-----Lucho------Mascherano----
----------Roman----------
-----------------Aimar

Which covers the back and the infront lines of the midfield with pace, distribution, accuracy and tackling. He will not have to go tackle since he has no idea of how to do that, Macherano and Lucho will do that for him with so much ease as the latter dose not have to tackle since he takes the ball with a natmeg to the opponent :D

At the attacking line we might find Tevez, Saviola and Crespo two of three are fast players, Tevez is a god damn monster in spite of being a short dude with Saviola who is a very fast player and a goal scorer plus Crespo who is a great finisher with his head at least.

I do not think I need to mention the back line since we are loaded at that aspect.

It is a different story with Argentina. Villarreal are not playing the most attractive football out of nothing, they have a great play maker who is doing the entertaining for them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In terms of names (stars) in the last world cup we had better players like Bati, Veron, Ortiga, Crespo and Aimar than the current team and more experinced player who should lead us to win the world cup (thats was not the case).Now, with less stars, less experience and average coach i think our chance to win WC is slim.However, maybe we need a miracle to do something good in world cup.
The last experience was bitter and we dont want to go over optimistic and then we will have to suffer again.
Maybe you do not know how was my feeling in the last WC when we knocked out and how much i love Argentina.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ALHOSNI5 said:
In terms of names (stars) in the last world cup we had better players like Bati, Veron, Ortiga, Crespo and Aimar than the current team and more experinced player who should lead us to win the world cup (thats was not the case).Now, with less stars, less experience and average coach i think our chance to win WC is slim.However, maybe we need a miracle to do something good in world cup.
The last experience was bitter and we dont want to go over optimistic and then we will have to suffer again.
Maybe you do not know how was my feeling in the last WC when we knocked out and how much i love Argentina.
No, Veron and Ortiga suck!!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
ALHOSNI5 said:
what u talking about? veron was the biggest flop in the world cup, why dont u tell us which players are stars then? since every time u type u seem to cry about how argentina is gonna fail at the world cup, tell me which playmaker is better then roman and aimar... other than ronaldinho, and also who has a better defence than argentina? only problem is with strikers we're missing a 9 , Crespo is good but we need someone better maybe we should try 2 small forwards together with tevez and saviola but then our " air " attack will be weak

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
An interesting comparison

A comparison in La Liga to find the best this season ended up with a few players (link at the end). This is what they had to say about Roman and Gaucho.

Name: Juan Roman Riquelme
Club: Villarreal
Position: Midfield
What he does: He floats like a butterfly and stings like an imperial scorpion cross-bred with a black widow. Hideous corruption of a sublime metaphor by Mohammed Ali, but you get the point. The ex-Boca Juniors player dictates the rhythm of a game at his own pace, brewing several cups of maté tea on the halfway-line before choosing his moment to make the killer blow.
For: How many times this season have we witnessed his deliciously weighted through balls for Diego Forlan? And the Argentinian playmaker can also score himself, 13 times this season, in fact.
Against: Two words — 'unfashionable club'.

Name: Ronaldinho
Club: FC Barcelona
Position: Striker
What he does: What doesn't he do? He's magic, the greatest entertainer in the game.
For: His flicks, his dribbles, his passing and his lethal shooting have been the highlight of a visit to the Nou Camp all season. His smiley demeanor, his positive attitude. His unbelievable goals in big matches against Milan, Chelsea and Madrid. His self-effacement, 'I'm a nice-ugly guy.'
Against: The sheer obviousness of the vote. He's already got the World Player of the Year award, the cheeky Brazilian genius.

More at: .
http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/3572208

1 - 16 of 16 Posts