Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
It's official, there was no child brutally crushed under the wheels of the evil, snarling Rome police. Wonder who made that up and why????? I still reckon it was a Milan ploy to bring home the title!! Nice to hear Vialli on SKY telling Italians that English crowds are a role-model and that The Italians should actually DO something to stop the hooligans rather than simply discussing it ad nauseum. I felt quite patriotic on hearing his overwhelming praise for how the English tackled the stadium problems of the 80s. Nice one Luca!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,476 Posts
I cannot believe what I saw during the Lazio/roma game.

These fans are COMPLETELY out of control !!!!!!!

Tear gas being used by Roma tifosi, flares flying on the field, and a bullshit story to suspend the game......not to mention the fires being started inside the stadium.

It all started before the game by a bunch of thugs from both sides fighting in the streets, and things got worse inside the stadium.

I also cannot believe that these thugs are allowed to go onto the field and converse with the players. Why was Totti even bothering talking to these clowns ?????!! They should be arrested !!!!!!!!!

No such fiasco's would ever , EVER happen here in the USA.

Suspend the game over a Romanista lie ???? What about all the "normal" fans in the stadium there to watch a good game ?? What about the world-wide audience ??????

How stupid do Italians and Serie A look now ???????

I'm embarrased for them.................
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Vinman said:
I cannot believe what I saw during the Lazio/roma game.

These fans are COMPLETELY out of control !!!!!!!

Tear gas being used by Roma tifosi, flares flying on the field, and a bullshit story to suspend the game......not to mention the fires being started inside the stadium.

It all started before the game by a bunch of thugs from both sides fighting in the streets, and things got worse inside the stadium.

I also cannot believe that these thugs are allowed to go onto the field and converse with the players. Why was Totti even bothering talking to these clowns ?????!! They should be arrested !!!!!!!!!

No such fiasco's would ever , EVER happen here in the USA.

Suspend the game over a Romanista lie ???? What about all the "normal" fans in the stadium there to watch a good game ?? What about the world-wide audience ??????

How stupid do Italians and Serie A look now ???????

I'm embarrased for them.................
I agree with your post.

However when a team wins a title here in Italy, we don't have riots, with people lying dead like it has sometimes happened in the U.S.A. Their is no wonderland on Earth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,473 Posts
Worldwide their are riots when a club wins of loses a major title match. So lets not go there. Italy does need to clean up whats happening in the stadiums though. Why were fans allowed onto the pitch? Players should demand better personal safety!

To me it is obvious Roma tifosi were responsible for the trouble inside the stadium, and so Roma should be banned from home matches for 4 games or so, and use a neutral venue with no spectators.

The source of the rumor about the child being run over by the car should be investigated.
 

·
On Planet Z
Joined
·
6,520 Posts
polaris said:
Why were fans allowed onto the pitch?
I am one of those fans that were allowed onto the pitch. I was in the Curva Sud with a friend, and we kept trying to leave, but some of the ultràs were fighting and the police kept charging. Finally, we were able to get into Distinti Sud, out onto the pitch, and out through the tunnel where the team coaches come in. When it became apparent that some of the Roma ultrà groups were going to fight the police, they opened the gates leading onto the pitch in the Distinti Sud (the sections that flank the Curva Sud) so that those fans could get out safely. They kept the gates to the Curva Sud closed, as that is where the vast majority of the trouble inside the stadium was.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54,575 Posts
From what Phoenix as told me, we should be ashamed of our roma fans really :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,473 Posts
Glad to see you and your friend are OK Phoenix.

I dont see those people fighting as calcio fans. They are a disgrace to me and I would think AS Roma would feel the same. Pandering to such thugs isnt done with other criminals so why should it here for these people. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,063 Posts
However when a team wins a title here in Italy, we don't have riots, with people lying dead like it has sometimes happened in the U.S.A. >>


:confused: Lying dead? Have you been watching the BBC again? :howler:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Primo said:
However when a team wins a title here in Italy, we don't have riots, with people lying dead like it has sometimes happened in the U.S.A. >>


:confused: Lying dead? Have you been watching the BBC again? :howler:
Primo, I remember, I think it was in L.A. (not sure though) last year about 10 people died after Title celebrations. What I mean that every now and then evety nation looks a bit stupid. I, for example, remember the Presidential election in Florida ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,476 Posts
Diavolo said:
I agree with your post.

However when a team wins a title here in Italy, we don't have riots, with people lying dead like it has sometimes happened in the U.S.A. Their is no wonderland on Earth
When were 10 people killed ????? False info Diavolo


We have had a few riots here after championship victories, but I have a hard time even remembering when, its been that long ago....

When the Yankees win the World Series, do you see rioting ??? No !!! And thats one of our biggest cities
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,476 Posts
When Foe and Feher died...the game still continued! and these were the deaths on the pitch!!!! and players could not play but still!!!!
Totti and that kid Cassano who has fallen in love to Totti had no power to tell the ref these words! The game should have been played (it would be better to continue the game without ROMA fans..!) or a punishment to ROMA! as simple as that!.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Vinman said:
When Foe and Feher died...the game still continued! and these were the deaths on the pitch!!!! and players could not play but still!!!!
Totti and that kid Cassano who has fallen in love to Totti had no power to tell the ref these words! The game should have been played (it would be better to continue the game without ROMA fans..!) or a punishment to ROMA! as simple as that!.
As a Milanista should I agree with you I would be "slaughtered". Anyway in the end things could have turned out worst. It will teach a lesson.

Off topic: It was better seeing Janet Jackson's right tit;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,473 Posts
Primo said:
However when a team wins a title here in Italy, we don't have riots, with people lying dead like it has sometimes happened in the U.S.A. >>


:confused: Lying dead? Have you been watching the BBC again? :howler:
Pretty much every title, someone dies in the USA. When the Angels won the MLB championship, Rams and Tampa won NFL....Its expected almost now. :depress:

Its becomming apparent this was a scheme by ultra groups. Charge their leaders, call out the army. This is terrorism in my opinion. Suggesting their will be bigger problems if something happens they dont like. Inciting riots at a minimum!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top