Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FORZA ROMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a must win match and a chance to cut the lead back to 6 with 4 games to go and 1 match against Milan.

By no means though, is this match a certainty, I feel we need Samuel back though. He easily marked Corradi out of the last game and won all headers against Corradi. I think we may have a fit team back. Well Samuel, Emerson and Dacourt all back anyway. Which measn we should be stronger.

I think we will win.

The team:
Pelizzoli
Panucci Samuel Chivu
Mancini Emerson Dacourt D'Agostino Lima
Totti Cassano

We will need Panucci and Lima to have good games against Fiore and Cesar. If we stp them 2 doing anything we should stop Lazio. I think we have the better players and the better team. We will win 2-0. Cassano and Mancini.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
i think Roma have the better team.

but i just never know, its gonna be a good game and i hope the team can collect 3 points....its a huge game for both teams.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
They gave us a run for our money last time, it will be tough. I heard that Stam and Cesar are going to miss the match which would be really big for us, the two of them are probably their form players at the moment. Not that we have to worry about who they field, if we go onto the field with the right mentality, to beat them and punish Milan then we'll win without question. Totti is on form and fired up, Samuel, Emerson and Dacourt are back, muwhaha.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
The team: Panucci Samuel Chivu
So Capello is back to the 3 man defence system ? I missed last night's game at Modena, did he use a 3-5-2 ?

Best of luck. :D

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Last night we played with 4 at the back, I doubt Capello will change the system for the derby.
Cesar and Stam will miss the game, which will reallly help us. Mancini would be able to attack more down the right, and without Stam their defence is likely to let goals much more easily.

I am confident, Samuel will be back, Chivu looked back to his best against Modena, Dacourt and emerson got some rest and Totti is on fire. And Lazio conceded two goals from Ancona at home at really struggled to beat them.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I know we'll win - both the derby and Lo Scudetto :drunk:

Roma Roma Roma
core de 'sta Città
unico grande amore
de tanta e tanta gente
che fai sospirà.
Roma Roma Roma
lassace cantà,
da 'sta voce nasce n'coro
so' centomila voci
ciai fatto 'nnamorà.
Roma Roma bella,
t'ho dipinta io
gialla come er sole
rossa come er core mio
Roma Roma mia
nun te fà 'ncantà
tu sei nata grande
e grande hai da restà
Roma Roma Roma
core de 'sta Città
unico grande amore
de tanta e tanta gente
m'hai fatto 'nammorà

Please win it for me and my sabotaged Derby-trip!

FORZA ROMA!!

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Lets hope Thoto.
With Tommasi's regain in form and him being one of my favourite players i'd love to start him against lazio. He provides immense defensive cover but he can attack with valour as well. His spirit and determination would be a nice bonus on the field Wednesday.
I would like to see Cap start with this:

------------------Peilzzoli

---------Zebina--Samuel--Chivu

-Mancini---Tommasi--Emerson--Dacourt--D'Agostino-

--------------------Totti------

-------------------Cassano

5 midfielders is generally crowded and awkward but obviously D'Agostino and Mancini would be much further forward, almost in attacking midfield and the presence of three quality defensive midfielders would give them much more freedom to move forward and create.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Lazio probable line up for now is

--------------------------Peruzzi
-Oddo----------Couto------------Miha-----------Favalli
------Fiore------Liverani------Giannichedda---Zauri
-------------------Inzaghi-------Corradi

First thing I notice is, their left side is pretty tight while their right side will be quite shaky defensevely (Oddo, Fiore and Liverani) so I think D'Ago is a must as a lef midfielder in this match.

I'd be playing
-------------------------Pelizzoli
--Panucci-------Samuel--------Chivu-----------Lima
--Mancini--------Dacourt----------Emerson
-------------------Totti------------------------D'Ago
-------------------------------Cassano

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Lazio suffer Cesar blow Monday 19 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazio’s Cesar will definitely miss the capital derby on Wednesday as fears increase that he may be out for the rest of the season.

The Brazilian is a crucial member of the Biancocelesti side but he’s been hit by a thigh strain that has ruled him out of the game against Roma.

Whispers in Rome suggest that the South American will struggle to play again this term as his side continue to look for a top four finish.

Meanwhile, teammate Angelo Peruzzi is looking forward to the Roma game after the original tie was abandoned due to crowd trouble.

"It is set to be a special match for everyone involved," said the goalkeeper. "This city will behave in the correct manner and I think the problems have now been erased."

The former Juventus and Italy ‘keeper also highlighted who will be the main threat at the Stadio Olimpico.

"Francesco Totti is their most dangerous player," he continued. "He can produce a winning move at any time.

"I’m just hoping that my teammates won’t allow him any space to create or shoot on Wednesday evening."

If you want to see the match live then you can catch it on British Eurosport on Wednesday 21 April. The kick-off is at 5pm UK time.

channel4

==================

good luck, roma... forza roma... :tongue::D

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
man am I jittery! although I think Roma showed what it’s made of and acted like it should even without key players and even though our players seem to have found their top forms again and I think we’re unbeatable, I can’t help feeling on edge. this is the derby baby, made all more important cause of our scudetto hunt.

Forza Roma :fero: :star:

Denis, your formation is good if Cap actually leaves Lima and if he gives the players permission to utilize both wings (you gotta push Totti further near Cassano cause Cassano isn't the striker type and can play well off Totti, and you’ve already lined a jam packed midfield that has D'Agostino, Mancini, Emerson and a revitalized Damiano, which can capture the ball and push it forward).

Boomer, your formation is very balanced, though I'd play Zebina ahead of Panucci, but I'm leaning towards a 3-man-line defense more since Chivu seems to be back on top of things.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts