Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since 92', I have noticed a pattern between the 2 Rome teams. When one is winning and challenging for Scudetto, the other is always struggling. (bar 06 - 07 season)...During 90s, Lazio was challenging for Scudetto in every season, while Roma were usually struggling...After the turn of the century, it has been Roma....

This year, we have seen Lazio be the more dominant team of the two. So, is there gonna be a possible shift in power in Rome? Will Lazio once again be the best team from the capital? Or is it too much to ask for? While Roma is in 200 mil. (or something like that) debt, Lazio's debt have all been paid by Lolito...

But, can Lazio hold on to their stars for a little while and continue bringing more talented stars to the team? Or is their "Big Team" image of 90s no longer alive and their top stars may move somewhere else for better fortune?

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
While Roma is in 200 mil. (or something like that) debt, Lazio's debt have all been paid by Lolito...
You are way off. As Roma's debts are much, much smaller than Lazio's.
The Sensi family (the owners of AS Roma have big debts) but the club itself is in pretty good financial condition. We still have way bigger budget than Lazio (IIRC we pay for salaries around twice as much for example).

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
IMO it'll be at least 5 years before Lazio could be anywhere near a superpower again

Roma are a great side, a team I like very much. They play fantastic football at times, and can beat anyone on their day. But for me they are still some way behind Milan, Inter and juve. But they are definately the best team in Rome at the moment for me, even with results in serie a

·
Registered
12,312 Posts
In a derby anything can happen. Like before 2 seasons Lazio beating Roma eventhough Roma was fighting for the scudetto and Lazio was at the end of the table.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
I'll be frank. Lately this game has been one of the worst in the league, too much tension, the ball stops almost every 10 seconds. No football, just waiting for the awkward gaol to happen after a defender misskick the ball or something.

Ugly game, simple.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
OMG its like the team challenging for the league is stronger than the one struggling and therefore wins. This is so surprising.

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
No you oaf, in this derby, whats being pointed out is that the team doing worse in the league usually gets the upper hand in the derby (when its not god awful crappy 0-0 game like GO12 referenced to).

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Quite an embarrassing thread, we have still done nothing to justify comments like that. And even if we had, talking about that before a derby is bad luck.

IMO it'll be at least 5 years before Lazio could be anywhere near a superpower again
Make that "unless a miracle happens Lazio won't be anywhere near a superpower again". The economic structure to allow that simply isn't there, the club doesn't even have a decent website and hasn't managed to find a new shirt sponsor in almost a year now.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this wasn't anything more than a hopeful and optimistic thread...
From many sources, I have been hearing that Lotito's plan for Lazio is pretty plausible as he MAY be able to bring Lazio back to the top...
ANd i didn't say Lazio WILL be top, just hoping to turn my dream into a reality......

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Getting more to the thread title especially if Lazio win no doubt they would be having more claim to bragging right's than Roma right now.But then again league form count's for nothing as the saying goes,and look at the other situation Roma are in the Champion's league and sitting quite well and Lazio aren't in Europe without the added so called distraction.You could also argue Totti's annual salary could cover the whole of Lazio's squad.:lick:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I checked the bookies. They are always objective with the supply/demand numbers.

Roma is still the one expected to end the game better.

Lazio had been doing well., and seem to be better every passing year. With Zarate being so good, they have a shot ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
we are still a lot in debt.

we are the 1st team in the capital, thats all that matters :cool:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what are your predictions for the game?

I have a bad feeling that Roma will snatch a win....Vucinic....???

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
One has to be fair, and the recruitment of Lazio this summer was top class for a team in their position. While for a team like Roma the mercato was quite miserable. I mean it could have been better, if Baptista had not been injured, if Menez had played enough time and so on, but none of out players have made any impact on what we had already. Then guys like Taddei, Perrotta etc. are in their worst state they've ever been at Roma.

·
Registered
45,343 Posts
Come on guys, make this match exciting. Blood and thunder! :lick:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i don't get why Roma plays Perrotta and Teddei...these 2, for me are regulars for mid-table Serie A teams!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts