• Other (Please state)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not of the season, just in general, who do you think is ROma's best U23 player of the future. Maybe now one will be better but who will grow up to be the best of the lot?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I voted the new Giannini, Aquilani :cool: quality player from when I have seen him, i hope he remaisn with us for next year. Cerci and Sarno get huge shouts too.

Mancini I am not sure if he is under 23 I cant remember, he must be either 23 or 24.

Bovo I did not add as I am not sure if we still have a part with him.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
It's amazing to see the amount of young talent we have. There is undoubtedly no other club in Serie A with youth like that. At the moment it's D'Agostino/Mancini and probably De Rossi next season but for the future, i'll go for Sarno, i saw him as a 10 year old and he was unbelievable, one can only imagine what the Roma youth system is gonna do for him. I think Chiellini should be on the list as well;)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chiellini is owned by us? :eek: I didnt think he was!!!!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Aquilani is on loan from Roma

Chiellini has been at Livorno for a long time now so Im not sure even if we own half, maybe you are right. Still he plays near Roma so we will buy him soon :D

I wont put him in the poll because of uncertainty like Bovo. I dont rate Chiellini so much yet too, hes a great runner and very powerful, not so great on the ball yet, although for his size he is not too bad.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Arianna, if you could, can you tell me how Ferronetti has done in serie B too?? the full back of Triestina is also on loan from Roma.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Deano said:
Arianna, if you could, can you tell me how Ferronetti has done in serie B too?? the full back of Triestina is also on loan from Roma.
i didn't know he was in loan:eek: ... btw, he seems good, he's a starter! But i dunno,for me he's normal player lol
About Triestina the best youngsters are Aquilani and Baù

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Yes, I can confirm that we own half of Chiellini ;)

My vote goes to Alberto Aquilani. I saw him play for Italy under 19 I think. Wonderful technique and what a freekick technique he's got!!:eek: I definitely think he's a massive future prospect.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Are u guys sure what about d'agostino....he has a real cross and sme serious talent as well.....play for our under 21's .

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems a real tight poll, surprised Corvia or Cerci are yet to get a vote.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Nice poll.
I voted D'Agostino because he's already proven he can succeed in Serie A. But I don't discount the fact that others can overcome him. DeRossi, for example, has been great but very injury-prone. I'd like to see Aquilani play more before voting for him. Mancini, I dunno, I don't really consider him a youngster, or at least a product of our youth system, like the others on the list. But he's fantastic. Technically, shouldn't Cassano be on there? That's pretty amazing if you add him. :star:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Indeed, i forgot Cassano was a youngster because he is so prooven :eek:

I will leave him out of the poll because he plays like a 28 year old anyway ;) nah joking, we all know what he can do and he would get most of the votes, so Ill leave the poll as it is.

Roma nd Italy attack of 2010

Cerci Sarno Cassano
-------Corvia-----------

:D This is wihtout even mentioning D'Ago who will be 27 or Totti who will be 33 and still probably able. :)

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
The best thing about this list, I must say, is its length and the fact that Deano chose to exclude Cassano although he's not yet 22; makes you happy when you think about it, eh?

I voted for De Rossi: injuries aside, I think of him as heir apparent to the lineage of De Bartolomei, Conti, Giannini, and Totti. :cool: (Yeah, so I am a bit of a sucker for the symbolism of it all; sue me. :pp ) Yet I see D'Agostino as an extremely close second in this poll...again, the fact that we've got so many youngsters to discuss is such a great sign. :star:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Phoenix said:
The best thing about this list, I must say, is its length and the fact that Deano chose to exclude Cassano although he's not yet 22; makes you happy when you think about it, eh?

I voted for De Rossi: injuries aside, I think of him as heir apparent to the lineage of De Bartolomei, Conti, Giannini, and Totti. :cool: (Yeah, so I am a bit of a sucker for the symbolism of it all; sue me. :pp ) Yet I see D'Agostino as an extremely close second in this poll...again, the fact that we've got so many youngsters to discuss is such a great sign. :star:

Exactly right...for me Cassano willl go beynd world class and become a legend......in the words of fabio cappello who has been a 'decent' coach (joke he is a legend) not exact quote word for word

'In my time as a manager the only talents i've seen that can compare to cassano is Raul, Maldini, and Baresi'

nuff said.... Born after our 1982 world cup win as well..... he will be italy no 10 in 3 years:star:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts