Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know more about them. I know he upset Parreira in 1992 and was left out of things until his glorious return in September 1993 v Uruguay. I also know of some fall out in 1985 when he was wuth the Sub 20 team qualifying for the Mundial at that level. Any more please - particularly re the Selecao?

·
Administrator
30,843 Posts
Thinking about his coaches,
Carlos Alberto Silva always praised Romario's spirit saying he would always give his best to play even injuried. Seems like during his time his bgger problem was Bebeto.
Lazaroni - Not like this guy have any right to complain but in the 1990 WC Romario was injuried and there was a problem because Romario insisted to bring his own physiotherapist and some people say his only 45 minutes (In the game against Scothland if my memory do not betray me) happened because he imposed it even without being in top form yet.
Falcao - I do not remember much of Falcao'age, I do not remember if he called Romario. Not many people remember Falcao, not even himself.
Parreira: The problem you refer was because friendly against Germany(my memory again) and he he was in the bench he declared he would not travel from europe to just watch a game. Seems also that let Zagallo more upset than Parreira.
Zagallo - The big idol status Romario achived seems to let him clean until the World Cup, when with his cut he declared a open war with Zagallo and Zico (whom he already had problems due his Flamengo's time).
After this all the others just worked him from very short time and very few games...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts