Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
29,812 Posts
how to explain that...the team he plays is a joke. He still scores, but there is not special about this (In a sense it is special that is Romario, but that is far from his most glorious momments) and this year they keep the same routine. But
Vasco play official friendlies against pathetic teams to let Romario score more this year and that is key of Vasco existense - Exist for Romario.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Romario, even though he's miles inferior to the player he once was, is still a superb veteran... sadly, he plays for a crap team. But in Vasco he's untouchable, because the club owes him more money that they will ever be able to pay; so Romario trains whenever he pleases (he doesn't even need to go to the club if he doesn't feel like it), handpicks which matches he'll play, and gives orders to his teammates as if he were the manager. How many clubs would give Romario that much freedom?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
JCamilo said:
To answer your question; Flamengo, Fluminense... :tongue:
Not even Fla and Flu gave Romario the level of freedom Vasco is giving him, JC. Today Romario practically owns Vasco, and not even Eurico Miranda has real authority over him – for example, the last time Eurico established a "lei da mordaça" so no Vasco players were allowed to give interviews, Romario bluntly ignored Eurico and gave interviews on the same day. Romario can have a player removed from the team if he so wishes, and he can have the manager sacked if his wishes aren't granted. I've never seen a club that considers itself "big" bending over for a player like this.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
What can I say? There's only one Vasco da Gama... :proud: ;) :howler: :D

·
Hexacampeão
1,462 Posts
JCamilo said:
how to explain that...the team he plays is a joke. He still scores, but there is not special about this (In a sense it is special that is Romario, but that is far from his most glorious momments) and this year they keep the same routine. But
Vasco play official friendlies against pathetic teams to let Romario score more this year and that is key of Vasco existense - Exist for Romario.
lol good job JCamilo. I could not of put that better myself.
:howler:

·
Registered
933 Posts
But in recent matches Romário has been completely useless.

Last year, at least, he used to score goals. But at the moment he can't even do that...

Valdiran and Morais are the only half-decent players at Vasco right now.

·
Administrator
29,812 Posts
C'mom, Gar, a little more and they would be all Romario's. The only doubt if they would be Vasmengonense or Flausco.

If you are going to have Romario you must have at least a team that create a lot of chances, so he can take advantage of 2 or 3. But Vasco team not only sacrifice themselves for Romario, but for Edilson and Ramon also.

·
Hexacampeão
1,462 Posts
JCamilo said:
C'mom, Gar, a little more and they would be all Romario's. The only doubt if they would be Vasmengonense or Flausco.

If you are going to have Romario you must have at least a team that create a lot of chances, so he can take advantage of 2 or 3. But Vasco team not only sacrifice themselves for Romario, but for Edilson and Ramon also.
Eww..never combine Flamengo and Vasco together. That's like saying Athleiro or Cruzetico.

·
Administrator
29,812 Posts
I did not such thing, I combined Vasco, Fluminense and Flamengo together :tongue:
That is better than Romario trying to find a neutral name for all the clubs who have huge debts with him and calling them America...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
romário on the pitch right now! sportv 2 - américa vs artsul

1 - 16 of 16 Posts