Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luxemburgo is an inteligent man......you must NEVER undersestimate is intelligence.
The king is back...and now the whole world must be shaking of fearness......Argentina is in our minds for JULY!! :)

Goleiros: Dida (Corinthians) e Carlos Germano (Santos).

Laterais: Cafu (Roma), Evanílson (Borussia
Dortmund), Roberto Carlos (Real Madri) e Silvinho(Arsenal).

Zagueiros: Antônio Carlos e Aldair (Roma) e Emerson (Portuguesa)

Meio-Campistas: César Sampaio (Palmeiras), Flávio Conceição (La Coruña), Emerson e Zé Roberto (Bayer Leverkusen) e Rivaldo (Barcelona).
Atacantes: Amoroso (Parma), Élber (Bayern de Munique), França (São Paulo) e Romário(Vasco).

Alkso nice to see Emerson (Portuguesa) and Franca (Sao Paulo) in the call up. Franca if he gets a game he wil do good, and thorough Elber out of the squad. the Corinthians players were not called excpet for Dida, who's the goalie.So that's ok, also Athirson is not in, nor is Ronaldinho Gaucho and Alex, mainly cause of the brazilian teams are playing in the finals of the regional tournaments.
I really liked this call up....specially Romario....and Emerson from Portuguesa, who is a brilliant defender! :), and Franca, who is a goal scoring machine! :) but plays for Sao Paulo :(

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
What game is this for??? the matches against England and Wales?

------------------
WESV

WESF

- Lealdade, Humildade e Procedimento

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exaxtly natalya :)
If you go to Wembley way, you will see the king tear the English defense apart! :)
Everytime he comes back to the Brazilian team (and it has been many times) he plays SUPERBLY! :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another quick thing that Luxemburgo said:
WHoever qualifies to the CL final (Rivaldo, R Carlos, or Elber) will stay with their respected clubs!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Romario Back For Brazil

Veteran striker Romario has been handed a recall by coach Wanderley
Luxemburgo into Brazil's squad to play England and Wales later this month.

The 34-year-old, allied with Edmundo, tormented Manchester United in the
World Club Championship in January, and joins World Player of the Year
Rivaldo in a strong squad for the two friendly matches.

Romario gave Gary Neville the run-around and scored twice in Vasco da Gama's
3-0 victory, and Neville could also face Roberto Carlos, the Real Madrid
wing-back who dominated the England full-back in Real's recent 3-2 Champions
League win at Old Trafford.

Carlos, Barcelona ace Rivaldo and Bayern Munich striker Giovane Elber could
all miss out on the May 23 sell-out against Wales, with all hoping to be
involved in the Champions League final in Paris a day later.

But all three should be back in contention for the match against England at
Wembley on May 27.

Romario's return to the national team has been long hankered for in Brazil
and Luxemburgo believes the time is right to bring him back into the side.

"I always said I would call on Romario's services when I felt it necessary,
and I already know him well," he said.

"He does not need to prove anything to me. I thought it important to see how
he fares in the national squad again - it is time."

Squad: Dida (Corinthians), Carlos Germano (Santos); Cafu, Aldair, Antonio
Carlos (Roma), Evanilson (Borussia Dortmund), Emerson (Portuguesa), Silvinho
(Arsenal), Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid); Cesar Sampaio (Palmeiras), Flavio
Conceicao (La
Coruna), Rivaldo (Barcelona), Emerson, Ze Roberto (Bayer Leverkusen); Amoroso
(Parma), Elber (Bayern Munich), Franca (Sao Paulo), Romario (Vasco).

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
717 Posts
Romario is a GOD!!!!

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Ze, on top of being a living encyclopedia, you're also a fortune-teller for predicting what's gonna happen!
Keep up the great work amigao!
Forza Magico Milan!
Hala Madrid!
Allez Les Bleus!
Arriba Espana!

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
And because it's so joyful, another report on the topic...

Romario recalled to Brazil squad to face England and Wales

By Reuters, 2000-05-09

Romario recalled to Brazil squad to face England and Wales.

Rio De Janeiro, May 9 (Reuters) - Veteran striker Romario has been recalled to Brazil's squad for friendlies against Wales and England later this month.

Coach Wanderley Luxemburgo on Tuesday included the forward in his party for the British tour wich includes a clash with Wales on May 23 in Cardiff and a game with England at Wembley on May 27.

Romario, who turned 34 in January, last played a full international against Argentina in April 1998 and missed the subsequent World Cup in France due to injury. He was named World Footballer of the Year in 1994.

Luxemburgo had come under pressure from fans and the Brazilian media to pick the 1994 World Cup hero since taking over as Brazil coach in August 1998.

"I always said I would recall Romario when I thought it necessary. I'm already familiar with his football and he doesn't need to show me anything more. Now I thought it was important to recall him," Luxemburgo said.

Luxemburgo had refused to pick Romario for the national squad despite his outstanding form for title-chasing club Vasco da Gama, apart from a friendly against Spanish side Barcelona last year.

Fans have speculated that Luxemburgo found it hard to forgive a 1995 episode when he was forced to resign as Flamengo coach after his attempts to discipline the then Flamengo player Romario floundered due to lack of backing from club directors.

Romario was overlooked by Luxemburgo for last month's 2002 World Cup qualifier against Ecuador.

Brazil are scheduled to play two more World Cup qualifiers in June, against Peru in Lima on June 4 and against Uruguay on June 28 in Rio de Janeiro, the 50th anniversary of the city's massive Maracana stadium.

Other new names in Brazil's line-up for the friendlies are the Sao Paulo striker Franca and defender Emerson from the Portuguesa side.

Squad -

Goalkeepers: Dida (Corinthians), Carlos Germano (Santos)

Defenders: Antonio Carlos, Aldair and Cafu (all AS Roma), Evanilson (Borussia Dortmund), Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid), Silvinho (Arsenal), Emerson (Portuguesa)

Midfielders: Cesar Sampaio (Palmeiras), Flavio Conceicao (La Coruna), Emerson (Bayer Leverkusen), Ze Roberto (Bayer Leverkusen), Rivaldo (Barcelona)

Forwards: Amoroso (Parma), Elber (Bayern Munich), Franca (Sao Paulo), Romario (Vasco)

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Aha, I now know the dates of the match...thanks Alexx!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Mr R Carlos not going to be there, goodish news in a kinda strange way I feel

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pool,
all I want you to sing to your welsh defenders is:

OLE LE LE, OLA LA LA, ROMARIO VEM AI, O BICHO VAI PEGAR!!

GIGGS VAI TOMAR NO CU, VC E VIRA LATA E ROMARIO PITBULL!!!

Translation:
ole ole ola ola la, romario is coming....and bad things are gonna happen.

Gigis [email protected] off, you are a mut, and Romario is a pitbull!!! :)

I say Romario will score a hat trick past Wales.....and in one of the goals he will give an "Elastico" on the defender who will fall on the floor and probably break his spine! :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
That's not saying much though is it. Oh yeah if you see a guy in a welsh shirt, flag and scarf hurling himself of the third tier of the Millenium stadium after the 9th Brazillian goal then that will be me.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Ze, a new development on the Romario show at Wembley! He isn;t gonna get his hattrick if my man David James starts in goal! Sorry :)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Natalya,
I will just use a phrase Romario said to the Vasco spporters when he first played agasint Vasco for Flamengo in 95:
Prepare yor towels, case you guys will have to use them :)

But I'll tell them to have mercy.....case after all England is England :) And I don't want to see you cry :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
has luxemburgo made any long-term commitment to romario? i mean, will he only be used for england and wales, or will he also be used in world cup qualifiers?

if romario improves brazil's performances in the world cup qualifiers, then people will want him to be in the world cup, regardless of how old he is.

also, WHAT ABOUT THE OLYMPICS? the under-23 teams needs a goal-scorer! only ronaldinho gaucho, alex and rivaldo have shown any ability to score goals all the time for brazil. but the under-23 team does not have a 100 percent striker (like ronaldo) who can score goals. is the door open for romario in the olympics? there's no age limit for the three over-23 players, is there?

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
falcao,
Luxemburgo has always said:" the door for the brazilian team is open to every player....it only depends on him".

He gave Edilson is opportunity, now he is giving Romario..I think in the future about 1 year or so he might give Marcelinho a chance...marcelinho is getting more matured now, and less selfish as he was 2 years ago.... In 97 when Tulio came to play for Corinthians, Marcelinho did not pass the ball to Tulio , so Tulio would not get the goals and the Fiel would not love him, like we did with Marcelinho!! But now marcelinho has changed and is more of a team player :)

Also, Luxemburgo has always said: "Romario does not need to be tested, he has already prooven eveything in his career"

And last week he said: "Romario was called up because in his interviews he started saying we, instead of saying me". But that's crap cause romario has been saying that for over than 2 years, Luxemburgo felt the pressure, and all these Brazilian managers know who they can rely on when the tough gets going..and that is only one name: ROMARIO!

Romario is going to the olympics ...and if he keeps in shape I don't so no problem in hiim going to the WC.He will play the WC qualifiers, otherwise he owuld no been called.

Reinaldo (Flamengo) should be his sub in the olympics.

Falcao...the gold medal is coming home!! :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Ze I don't give a flying flip about England only about Southgate and James!!!!! :)
And I'll cry if Romario is nasty and mean to my lovely David!!!!! :)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Natalya,
I'm actually wearing an England kit now (the 96 euro champs)! :)
I got 2 England kits at home.....I rally support you guys, except when playihng against Brazil of course!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
natalya, ze da fiel, i was BORN in england, and i don't even have an england kit. you're crazy, ze. but i can dress like romario on monday, ronaldo on tuesday, rivaldo on wednesday and roberto carlos in training on thursday because i have their shirts! i'm telling you guys: brazil, with romario, will beat england pretty good! (of course, this is only if dida is ready to play.)

romario will be remembered forever if he can win the first gold medal in the olympics for brazil. imagine: the first world cup in 24 years and the first olympic gold ever because of o baixinho!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Heheh I was born in England and I have the Italian kits! :)
I look out for England, Italy and Morocco! :)

For me, England has too many Man Scum players like Beckham and I find it difficult to support him whatever shirt he is wearing! :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts