Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard on Saturday that Romario hurt his leg again, like the injury that kept him out of the World Cup. This time it's the other leg. I heard he will not be in the Wembley game on Saturday. Is this true?

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Injured Romario sidelined for at least eight days

By AFP, 2000-05-22

RIO DE JANEIRO, May 22 (AFP) - Veteran Brazilian striker, Romario, will be out of action for the next eight to 10 days because of injury, Vasco da Gama team doctor Alexandre Campello told AFP Monday.

The Brazilian legend injured his heel during Sunday's match against CR Flamengo, just before the player was due to head to Britain for international friendlies against Wales and England.

Romario, 34, who has scored 52 goals in 71 national appearances, was a World Cup winner with Brazil in 1994, and was hoping to make his comback to the Brazilian squad in the friendly matches.

"It's difficult to give a precise diagnosis, but he won't be able to put his foot on the floor for at least four or five days, and he won't be able to start training again for another eight to 10 days," said Campello, Vasco team doctor for the past 15 years.

Campello said he had studied the x-rays of the injury with Jose Luis Runco - the Brazilian manager - and decided that Romario was not fit enough to play in Wales or England.

Romario said: "I don't remember what happened exactly, because I was in so much pain.

"I'm really disappointed because this was my chance to get back into the Brazilian side. Now I have to put my faith in God and hope that I am going to recover quickly, and that trainer (Wanderley Luxemburgo) will give me another chance".

[This message has been edited by Alexx (edited 22-05-2000).]

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
It was his ankle :(
im really dissapointed, he will be out for 1 week I think :(
While the brazilian team was at the airport , Romario was in the hospital being examined :(

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Only one good thing to come of this in my eyes! He cannot make James look completely stupid! :)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Romario will be good on thursday,
but Luxemburgo has already said that he is out of the game agaisnt England..and that he should get better.
I think LUxmeburgo is right on this one...the game is not important and will need Romario 100% fit against Peru :)
Give Franca a chance to show all he knows, and make a name for himself, now in Europe :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts