Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very disturbed at the latest WC, most notably Romania for not making it in!! :( I was heavily routing for them since they had a fair and great Road to WC, and i felt that there presence in World Cup is much needed! SOmetimes even more than Holland and Yugoslavia put together.

What made Romania slip down and not make it? :(
The game with Slovenia wasn't at all anything but great, yet we lost undoubtably to the small country.... :( whos to blame for that game :)

Thnx

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
we already spoke about this way too many times, if you would like search for the ROM - SLO thread and you will see our comments there. I think I speak for all of us when I say that I do not want to talk about this anymore!:depress:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That game made me want to hurt Slovenian fans!!!

Like...what the hell do they think they are?!?!?!?!? There only 2 million people there! how do they make it in the WC?!?!?!?! :(

Marius: you from Toronto :) so am i!! :)

·
Registered
25,442 Posts
Kappa18 said:
That game made me want to hurt Slovenian fans!!!

Like...what the hell do they think they are?!?!?!?!? There only 2 million people there! how do they make it in the WC?!?!?!?! :(

We cannot blame Slovenians at all. They had a chance, they took it. We couldn't expect them to give up just because we're Romanian or because there are only 2 million people in Slovenia...

We have to be fair...

but this subject hurts .... :(

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really wanted to see Romania in the finals! :( When was the last time Romania didn't make it in the World Cup?

Did we possibly have any chances in both slovenia games :(

Also...does Romania have a new jersey? I remember the Yellow one, but since Addidas renweed many of the jerseys i was thinking of an all YELLOW jersey for Romania?

Whats the away colour?

Anyone know where i can get one?
Maybe one that says HAGI or Chivu? :D

show some romanian pride....

I once actually had a Romanian jersey, until some no good Italian kids ripped it up and called me a "DIRTY ROMANIAN" :fero: :fero: :fero:

I NEED SOME REVENGE!!

·
Registered
25,442 Posts
The saddest thing is that we could have qualified extremelly easily against Slovenia... we could have won 0-4 and 5-0 both games... but we didn't ... :( We outplayed them totally but we missed all the chances we had, while they scored some unbelivable goals. Goals that you score once every 100 games...

There are more reasons why we didn't qualify but you'll have to watch the games to understand it very well...

Maybe it was meant to be like this, but don't worry... we have hope because we have a great new generation right now!!

Yes, there is a new Romanian jersey and it is very beautiful!!! Not like the old one, which I dislike a lot.

If I get the chance to find a photo of the new Romanian jersey, I will post it here. ;)

·
Registered
25,442 Posts
Rosu on the Left and Chivu on the Right fighting for the ball

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was wondering about Slovenia. You see, Im from Israel and after the WC is over in July, there is going to be the start of EURO in which i am highly anticipating for both Romania and Israel!!

Slovenia is in my Group, and so is cyprus, malta and france.

And many critics are split, because as you know for France, we are nothing and Malta vs. France is going to be a joke and so is Slovenia vs. France & Cypus......

But between us and Slovenia, it is very hard to determined. Im shocked by how they made it in the WC, but i think the lowest of the low for them. Austria, which were Israel's Arch foe for some time played us in both Euro 2000 and WC 2002, and we didn't think much of them even though they made it in WC 98...so im very skeptic! :)

I want Israel to succeed, but i feel there is a sort of threat coming from slovenia. And even from Cyprus :)

Do you see anything like this occuring?

·
Registered
25,442 Posts
Chivu stopping Wiltord, while Ghioane watches the action in the background

·
Registered
25,442 Posts
From Left to Right, Contra, Ghioane, Zidane, Candela

·
Registered
25,442 Posts
nice photo with Mutu and Zidane (Zidane looks pissed off :D )

·
Registered
25,442 Posts
Kappa18 said:

I want Israel to succeed, but i feel there is a sort of threat coming from slovenia. And even from Cyprus :)

Do you see anything like this occuring?

Cyprus not really, Slovenia yes. Slovenes are not tehnically gifted but they have a very good coach and are a very united team. They are also very ambitious.

But, I think that Israel can beat them because Israel is also a united, very ambitious team and technically superior to the Slovenes.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Zidane is one pissed off dude indeed :)

Maybe he has something with the romanians :)

Nice jersey also! :) i like the style!!!

Do you play with 1 jersey home and away? :) cause all i see is yellow like france they have BLUE and White ;)

And i think we can overcome Slovenia hopefully!!! :) Maybe a 1-0 and then 0-0 game would be good for us! :)

As for Cyprus, come on!!! There nutting! maybe a tie game and a huge loss for them against Israel is in the horizons!

As for malta, same! NO WINS! if they win us, its horrible!

And then France will rape us! But who knows.....We once played france in WC 94 Qualifiers! AND AT THERE STADIUM! AT THERE HOME! AT THERE HUGE NT GAME SHOWUP OF ALMOST 60,000 FANS! THEY LOST TO ISRAEL 4-3 :) never forget that!

That game was so crucial to them, i think the whole country hates us for it! :)

It was also nonsense for them as Bulgaria and Sweden went through them like a donkey! :)

Who won the Romania - France game b.t.w?

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Nice pics Lupi :) :D

The one with Zidane staring at Mutu is a fine picture. Zidane looks envious of the young Mutu :) Or maybe it's Mutu's wife ;)

Kappa18

France beat us 2 - 1.

As for Slovenia, if they are underestimated they will beat Israel. I have no doubt Slovenia will be 2nd or close to 2nd.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Slovenia lost to Honduras 4-1 and could only draw China recently. If our finishing had been on we would have destroyed them. Slovenia arn't really that good anymore, we defeated ourselves. I think Israel has a great shot against Slovenia. Slovenia's peak was the last Euro's they are on the slide now.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Maybe I'm the only one but I definetely prefer our last jersey.

Kappa18 I don't think you'll have any problems finding a Romanian Jersey in TO. If you want someones name on it you'll have to get the store to do it for you, they generally don't sell the Jersey's with names already on them. I'm having one hell of a time finding an Irish Jersey in small here in Kitchener and the WC is coming up pretty quick. If any of you TO boys happen to see an Ireland Jersey in small PM me the stores name and location.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Romrie,

I saw a couple of Jerseys in Toronto for Ireland. If you go down Dundas near Eaton centre, there is a strip of malls just where that huge HMV store is. There is 2 or 3 sporting goods stores. Those stores sell alot of soccer Jerseys. I have seen some Ireland Home/Away and im pretty keen they have what your looking for. Even more so, they sell scottish/irish rugby jerseys which is a pleasure! :)

Can u help me find the Romanian :( I want to show some Romanian pride!!! :howler: :howler: I had a jersey from the time my father when to Romania, but kids in school riped it and mocked it up for me :( and its small too! And its not even a Addidas. It just says Hagi on the back :( :groan:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts