Xtratime Community banner

221 - 228 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
69,568 Posts
Number of players in the big leagues (from countries of medium European level):

Nordic countries have an easy path to Bundesliga and Premier League. Denmark has 16 players there, Sweden 13, Norway 9 and even Finland has 4. I think this helps them to grow. Romania's market is not Germany or England, but Russia or Turkey.

Poland has sent an entire army to Italy. And they have almost 30 players in big leagues. Slovakia and Slovenia double Romania in the total number.

Romania is one of the few countries with at least 1 player in the top-5 leagues.

Big drama of Bulgaria.

·
Gyula
2,506 Posts
interesting list. I wouldn't know of any Serie A player here, but we have 4 in Bundesliga.

Slovenia :eek:
LUL at all the Anglo countries...all English premier league. That shouldn't even count. If that's an elite league then so should the RPL. That way we can add a few more EEteners to that list ;)

·
Gyula
2,506 Posts
Maybe it's more a matter of poorly managing one's career. Especially if they have a sleazy agent. I bet many of those Polaks in Italy are just very average players but are well and respectably represented by their professional agents.

A Romanian or Hungarian agent though...might set off a million bs detectors even before they open their mouths. I don't know just guessing tbh.

221 - 228 of 228 Posts