21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,135 Posts
Ok, my final votes:

1. Baluta
2. Boboc
3. Dragomir

In the end, I think Boboc’s consistent quality showings throughout the year, even if in Liga I, sets him apart. He’s also a player with decent defensive qualities, no nonsense, but also gets involved in the goals quite often with assists and even goals themselves. Great showings for the U21s as well.

Dragomir had to be in the podium at least for me, even though he had quiet periods he has played mostly very regularly as starter in Serie B and has even contributed to goals and assists (especially the last two) from a deeper role than his usual CAM. He’s a bit newer to the U21s but still good moments there too.

·
Registered
434 Posts
My votes: 1. Baluta, 2. Mihaila, 3. Boboc.. In my oppinion, Mihaila is a must in this top. He had a very good year at Craiova, and also in the national U21 team. Speed, good ball control, smart passes, I believe he wont stay longer in Liga I. Baluta good both at National Team and U21, including the final tournament in Italy deserves the first place. For third, I chosed Boboc instead of others because his consistance in games.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
I'm going Dragomir, Baluta and Mihailea

I put Dragomir at the top. He's been a key player all year for a Serie B team. His NT performances weren't great but Baluta doesn't even play club football. To pick Baluta above Dragomir doesn't make sense unless it's only based on NT games.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Baluta won a Romanian cup with Viitorul AFAIK.
He hasn't played football for half of a year.. our situation is pretty bad if he wins and only played half the season. That means we have almost no competition. Although I do believe that Dragomir has accomplished more than any other youth player. He's legit starter every week in Serie B and 20 years old. I don't think we have another youth player that plays 90 minutes in a foreign league?

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,135 Posts
He hasn't played football for half of a year.. our situation is pretty bad if he wins and only played half the season. That means we have almost no competition. Although I do believe that Dragomir has accomplished more than any other youth player. He's legit starter every week in Serie B and 20 years old. I don't think we have another youth player that plays 90 minutes in a foreign league?
Agreed, but it’s the reality for now at least... the aspect that gives Baluta an edge over the others is the fact he is already important in the NT (although it is in an area we desperately lack good options), his performances there and in the U21 NT, & his first half with a Viitorul. Of course it doesn’t help that he has only played in one first team match for Brighton this season but it’s also the best league in the world so understandable, the problem was he didn’t go for the loan where he might have been doing well in a second division somewhere or weaker league like Dragomir plays in.

That said, from a club perspective alone Dragomir has an edge over all others in this age category since he’s played Serie B all year almost always starter and usually full 90 mins too, as you said

It’s a toss up for me but they should be top 2 surely

BTW @GICA, I’ve amended my votes if that’s still ok:

1. Baluta
2. Dragomir
3. Boboc

I’m really tempted by Morutan, because he has been outstanding in moments but sadly his injury and Gigi’s BS kinda screwed his year a bit. Mihaila has had a decent first half of the year and even greater last few months but he can still qualify this category next year so I leave it at that.

·
General Iordanescu
28,314 Posts
Current votes:

Baluta 3+3+3+3+2+3+3 = 20
Mihaila 1+2+0+0+1+2+0 = 6
Boboc 0+0+2+1+0+1+2 = 6
Dragomir 0+0+0+2+3+0+1 = 6
Morutan 2+0+1+0+0+0+0 = 3

Rumaniac can still choose a final 3rd place (mentioned Chindris and Boboc) but I think the final winner is rather clear.

·
Registered
69,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
These were the votes past year:

1.Ianis Hagi 11 points
2.Dennis Man 9 points
3.Raul Baicu 3 points
4.Valentin Mihaila 2 points
5.Tudor Baluta 2 points
=.Alex Pascanu 2 points
6.Jovan Markovic 1 point

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,135 Posts
I feel like we should do a player of the decade one too.

Or at least a goal(s) of the decade thread

·
Registered
16,153 Posts
Current votes:

Baluta 3+3+3+3+2+3+3 = 20
Mihaila 1+2+0+0+1+2+0 = 6
Boboc 0+0+2+1+0+1+2 = 6
Dragomir 0+0+0+2+3+0+1 = 6
Morutan 2+0+1+0+0+0+0 = 3

Rumaniac can still choose a final 3rd place (mentioned Chindris and Boboc) but I think the final winner is rather clear.
To value the whole year I pick Boboc as third

·
Registered
69,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
TUDOR BALUTA, YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR

1. Baluta 20
2. Boboc 7
3. Dragomir 6
4. Mihaila 6
5. Morutan 3

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,135 Posts
Two players born in / from Craiova (Baluta, Boboc) and a player who plays for Craiova in the top 3 (Mihaila; tied for third anyway, and I didn’t even vote for him) :proud:

Oltenia, the Catalonia of the Carpathians
Universitatea Craiova, Los Che or Los Colchoneros of Romania (Viitorul can be La Masia of Romania :D )

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
New video of Morutan

Right now he is one of my biggest hopes regarding the future success of our NT....he just looks more naturally talented than many of our other talents. He has that special thing. That said the last 53 talents who got NoName's curse of hope failed miserably in their careers, let's hope it works out this time.

·
Registered
16,153 Posts
I love his style. Fot the moment I'm hapoy eith the way he is xoming back from a bad club situation and being important for the U21 after missing the Euro

21 - 38 of 38 Posts