Xtratime Community banner

6401 - 6420 of 6421 Posts

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
Baluta hasn't played in a while, and now he got injured. I doubt he'll be in any form by march. It's a pity cause players from the last Euro can help with their experience. That's another reason why it would be good to have Petre

Regarding Popescu I think it would be proceless to have a player like him, even if he doesn't start, to come in on second halves. Like Coman did against England on the ladt tournament.

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
Vlad -- Harut, Pascanu, Ghita, Boboc -- Marin -- Popescu, Morutan, Olaru, Mihaila -- ???

This would almost certainly be the standard squad if Ianis, Man & Coman go to the main squad. Doesn't look bad at all, even so.
It looks very solid. Dragusin could fight for a spot aswell. Most players in form, with quite a lot of experience on their careers and huge potential

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,616 Posts
Even Dragomir can play as DM if needed, but of course better to have him as 8 or box to box

I really like Sut, Perianu maybe a bit too early but he has gained a lot of experience this season

Dulca should make the squad imo, gets in on the goals as well

Reactions: The Rumaniac

·
General Iordanescu
29,731 Posts
Yeah, personally, I think Dulca should be called as back-up DM. Sut is the other option; might be more familiar with the formation. I think Chindia uses a 4-4-2 usually?

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
Dulca seems to be doing well. Has some experience aswell. But Sut plays with Morutan, Olaru and Octavian Popescu, and is important when it comes to forming a team in limited time

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
Pre list for an U19 friendly against Serbia. Very interesting names

Dragusin, Perianu, Cirjan, Baiaram, Octavian Popescu and Louis Munteanu with some others like Pantea, Sava, Mitran, Pitu, Bani and Ianis Stoica.

I think this will be a preparing game for June's final tournament, so they can still be called for the U21

Portari: Răzvan Sava (Lecce/Italia), Otto Hindrich (ASU Politehnica Timișoara), Robert Popa (U Craiova 1948 SA)

Fundași: Darius Grosu (Viitorul Constanța), Andrei Iana (CSM Slatina), Mădălin Pascu (Sportul Chiscani), Radu Drăgușin (Juventus/Italia), Alexandru Chilili (FC Voluntari), Ionuț Mitran (Universitatea Craiova), David Tălmaciu (CSM Corona Brașov), Gabriel Buta (Viitorul Constanța), Ștefan Stefanovici (Sporting Juniorul Vaslui), Alexandru Sima (CSM Reșița), Alexandru Pantea (FCSB)

Mijlocași: Ovidiu Perianu (FCSB), Szondi Botond (AFK Csikszereda), Soma Casiadi-Bakó (AFK Csikszereda), Constantin Grameni (Viitorul Constanța), Ioan Borcea (Dinamo), Octavian Popescu (FCSB), Florin Bălan (AFC Farul Constanța), Mihai Constantinescu (FC Petrolul Ploiești), Ahmed Bani (Dinamo), Cătălin Cîrjan (Arsenal/Anglia), Marius Corbu (Puskás Akadémia FC/Ungaria), Ștefan Baiaram (Universitatea Craiova), Alexi Pitu (Viitorul Constanța), Marian Danciu (Universitatea Craiova)

Atacanți: Louis Munteanu (Fiorentina/Italia), Ianis Stoica (CSM Slatina), Ion Vasluian (Ripensia Timișoara)

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,616 Posts
I think Mutu will do something closer to this..

Vlad
Aioani
Esanu

Harut
Vladoiu
Pascanu
Ghita
Dragusin
Chindris
Boboc
Oprut

Sut/Dulca
M.Marin
Ciobanu
Itu/Dragomir
Olaru
Morutan
Popescu
Petrila
Matan
Dobre

Munteanu/Dragus/Petre
Costache

I’m worried Mihaila and Hagi will go to seniors, but maybe Coman will take Mihaila’s place if he does, depends on form I guess

I also think he’s going to be partial to CFR again and call Itu, start Costache, and maybe Petrila (at least I like him more)

Popescu, Munteanu, Petre, Dragus, I don’t know if they will be called

You would think Popescu and even young Munteanu should, given their qualities despite their age, could help us, but alas... we’ll see soon enough I guess.

and Petre doesn’t even start for UTA today..

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
I think Mutu will do something closer to this..

Vlad
Aioani
Esanu

Harut
Vladoiu
Pascanu
Ghita
Dragusin
Chindris
Boboc
Oprut

Sut/Dulca
M.Marin
Ciobanu
Itu/Dragomir
Olaru
Morutan
Popescu
Petrila
Matan
Dobre

Munteanu/Dragus/Petre
Costache

I’m worried Mihaila and Hagi will go to seniors, but maybe Coman will take Mihaila’s place if he does, depends on form I guess

I also think he’s going to be partial to CFR again and call Itu, start Costache, and maybe Petrila (at least I like him more)

Popescu, Munteanu, Petre, Dragus, I don’t know if they will be called

You would think Popescu and even young Munteanu should, given their qualities despite their age, could help us, but alas... we’ll see soon enough I guess.

and Petre doesn’t even start for UTA today..

Yeah, hard to say what they'd do with those players that are either new or can go to both teams. I don't think both Coman and Mihaila will go to the seniors, unless Mitrita is out. That would be very bad for the U21...

But if Mihaila continues to grow it's hard not to call him. Let's hope Coman can switch with him if that's the case...

I'd be very dissapointed if Popescu isn't called, but I agree it can happen

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,616 Posts
Yeah I don’t think it would be both, one has to give

And about Popescu, same.. let’s hope Mutu isn’t too conservative, I’m afraid his friendship with Varga and Ioan Becali could hurt us, keeping core players is fine but I hope he considers deserving ones performing lately too..

i.e. Popescu, Dumitru, Cimpanu, Petrila, Munteanu..

·
Registered
70,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,415
Petre will be called, unless he's injured.

How is Mutu partial to CFR? He only used Costache basically because of lack of options. Itu can be a squad player, but it's not sure he'll call him. Now Oaida is available too.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,616 Posts
Well maybe not extremely so, just something I noticed as Ciobotariu had only 21 mins with the U21s before a Mutu took over, then again we can account for extenuating circumstances too I guess.. Itu also didn’t get called before his arrival (although I don’t have anything against him, he’s decent enough), and he called Carnat a few times when there were better options

Costache starting in the last few matches I guess we could say is because of the poor striker situation, but still frustrating when he missed many chances and made poor decisions. At least Dragus, Petre, or even Sintean or Munteanu would have been worth a try at one point. Oh well, it’s late for that now, Costache will almost surely be the starter

Btw he does have a good friendship with CFR’s owner Varga and a Costache’s agent Ioan Becali. I’m sure he will make some good calls, I just hope he leaves out guys like Carnat and gives some of the players we mentioned deserved callups and chances in the games

I forgot about Oaida there, good point

I think Cimpanu should be called if Ianis will go to seniors btw

I guess some things depend on the agreement with Radoi too. No point overthinking it now, let’s just wait and see

The list should be released in a week or two then?

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,616 Posts
No Euro U19s in Romania this year.... UEFA cancelled it because of the pandemic... even though many countries have already started vaccinating and they could easily stage it with the right measure like everything else. They’re just money hungry cunts. **** China, and **** UEFA

I hope this doesn’t mean we can’t host it the next year because someone else already has that? They give us something for this mess, it’s not fair to the kids who could have used this as a great opportunity to grow and be scouted

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
No Euro U19s in Romania this year.... UEFA cancelled it because of the pandemic... even though many countries have already started vaccinating and they could easily stage it with the right measure like everything else. They’re just money hungry cunts. ** China, and ** UEFA

I hope this doesn’t mean we can’t host it the next year because someone else already has that? They give us something for this mess, it’s not fair to the kids who could have used this as a great opportunity to grow and be scouted

A generation robbed of a tournament they earned. More dreams shattered. For top countries it has little meaning, for our U19 it was unique

6401 - 6420 of 6421 Posts