Xtratime Community banner

6381 - 6400 of 6421 Posts

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,616 Posts
Lol my bad... I swear I always do this... I see the first word and immediately think of Wales, which is actually Tara Galilor (land of the Gauls), instead of Low Countries which is obviously Netherlands I always think of Netherlands as Olanda (Holland) in Romanian

Anyways, thanks for catching that, such a brainfart lol

Not the worst group btw. Crappy we didn’t get Denmark second pot or Slovenia last pot, but Hungary should in theory be easier than Iceland and certainly the Swiss

It will be tough to qualify from this group, especially if we can’t have Man and Coman, but with some luck and organization..

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
Germany

Echipa (52,9 milioane euro primul 11)
Grill (Leverkusen) – Baku (Wolfsburg), Pieper (Bielefeld), Mai (Darmstadt), Handwerker (Nurnberg) – Geiger (Hoffenheim), Maier (Bielefeld), Ozcan (Koln) – Nmecha (Anderlecht), Berisha (RB Salzburg), Jakobs (Koln)

Rezerve: Dahmen (Mainz), Leitsch (Bochum), Kilian (Mainz), Passlack (Dortmund), Schlotterbeck (Union Berlin), Dorsch (Gent), Mbom (Werder Bremen), Wirtz (Leverkusen), Burkardt (Mainz), Wintzheimer (Hamburg), Hack (Nurnberg), Kruger (Erzgebirge Aue)

Alți jucători eligibili: Adeyemi (RB Salzburg), Maina (Hannover), Jaeckel (Furth), Keitel (Freiburg), Kother (Karlsruhe), Vagnoman (Hamburg), Ache (Frankfurt)

Netherlands

Echipa (100,7 milioane euro în primul 11)
Scherpen (Ajax) – Zeefuik (Hertha), Schuurs (Ajax), Botman (Lille), Bakker (PSG) – Koopmeiners (Alkmaar), Gravenberch (Ajax) – Dilrosun (Hertha), Gakpo (PSV) – Boadu (Alkmaar), Sierhuis (Reims)

Rezerve: Paes (Utrecht), Floranus (Heerenveen), Hogma (Utrecht), Doekhi (Vitesse), Matusiwa (Groningen), Reis (Osnabruck), Harroui (Sparta Roterdam), de Wit (Alkmaar), Ekkelenkamp (Ajax), Kadioglu (Fenerbahce), Lang (Bruges), Zirkzee (Bayern Munchen)

Alți jucători eligibili: De Ligt (Juventus), Malen (PSV), Kluivert (RB Leipzig), Ihattaren (PSV), Stengs (Alkmaar), Wijndal (Alkmaar), Hoever (Wolverhampton)

Hungary

Echipa (2,9 milioane euro primul 11)
Demjen (ZTE) – Hinora (Vasas), Balogh (Parma), Nagy (MTK), Gergenyi (ZTE) – Mezei (MTK), Hidi (Vasas) – Schon (MTK), Palincsar (MTK), T. Kiss (Puskas) – Barany (Debrecen)

Rezerve: Varga (Soroksar), Huszti (Budafoki), Szucs (Dyosgior), Mocsi (Haladas), Deutsch (Puskas), Csonka (Ferencvaros), B. Kiss (Haladas), Skribek (Budafoki), Szendrei (Honved), Kovacsreti (Kisvarda), Szabo (Budafoki), Biro (MTK)

Alți jucători eligibili: Szalai (Apollon Limassol), Szoboszlai (RB Salzburg), Bukta (Liefering), Bolla (Videoton), Schafer (DAC Streda), Szoke (Heracles), Zsori (Budafoki)

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
Speaking of half-bloods it is likely Pál Dárdai's sons will participate in the Germany U21. At least 1 or 2 (he has 3 sons). 1 of them is the captain.

The Dutch should win this group easily, I'm afraid.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,616 Posts
Speaking of half-bloods it is likely Pál Dárdai's sons will participate in the Germany U21. At least 1 or 2 (he has 3 sons). 1 of them is the captain.

The Dutch should win this group easily, I'm afraid.
Isn’t he a Hertha legend? I remember a few years ago you guys were talking about him as the NT manager

Pretty cool to see more of these father-sons in the game aha

Yeah Dutch look quite strong, but still hoping an upset like last summer.. at least if we can surprise/get revenge on Germany that would be amazing. Don’t want set my hopes too high though..

Who’s your best player in the U21s with Szoboszlai surely going to seniors (like Man and Coman almost surely will)

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
Isn’t he a Hertha legend? I remember a few years ago you guys were talking about him as the NT manager

Pretty cool to see more of these father-sons in the game aha

Yeah Dutch look quite strong, but still hoping an upset like last summer.. at least if we can surprise/get revenge on Germany that would be amazing. Don’t want set my hopes too high though..

Who’s your best player in the U21s with Szoboszlai surely going to seniors (like Man and Coman almost surely will)
He is a Hertha legend. Btw his sons are not even half-bloods, all three of them are 100% Hungarian they just play in the German U teams because they live there. I think they will choose the Hungarian senior NT though?

Best player, not sure. We definitely don't have a star like Szoboszlai but we probably will have:
-Tamás Kiss - just renewed his contract @Puskás Akadémia. He is already a regular at a top NB1 side which is not a bad thing when you look at how successful our senior NT has been with 70% NB1 players :D
-Szabolcs Schön - MTK's beautiful attacking midfielder. @szövkap can elaborate.
-Csaba Bukta will probably participate, he is from Salzburg's U19 team. He is said to be the next Szoboszlai but he seems to be taking his time with that.
-Botong Balogh - if we have a star, he is the one. He already made his debut at Parma.
-Krisztofer Tamás - he plays at Torino' Primavera team.

We have many more, like 10-15 playing regularly in the Hungarian division. 5 of those should be just as good as the ones I mentioned.

But the reason I'm optimistic is the same I'm optimistic about the senior NT: we have a great coach in the name of Zoltán Gera. Remember him? :D
The team seems to be glueing together recently, in the last game we beat Russia easily. Russia did not have their first choice strikers but the defenders were the best of the team and we created several chances while the szbornaja had 0 clear-cut chances.

Edit: Csoboth Kevin will probably be called up too from Benfica B. I hope I'm not jinxing it but we seem to have depth.

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
He is a Hertha legend. Btw his sons are not even half-bloods, all three of them are 100% Hungarian they just play in the German U teams because they live there. I think they will choose the Hungarian senior NT though?

Best player, not sure. We definitely don't have a star like Szoboszlai but we probably will have:
-Tamás Kiss - just renewed his contract @Puskás Akadémia. He is already a regular at a top NB1 side which is not a bad thing when you look at how successful our senior NT has been with 70% NB1 players :D
-Csaba Bukta will probably participate, he is from Salzburg's U19 team. He is said to be the next Szoboszlai but he seems to be taking his time with that.
-Botong Balogh - if we have a star, he is the one. He already made his debut at Parma.

We have many more, like 10-15 playing regularly in the Hungarian division. 5 of those should be just as good as the ones I mentioned.

But the reason I'm optimistic is the same I'm optimistic about the senior NT: we have a great coach in the name of Zoltán Gera. Remember him? :D
The team seems to be glueing together recently, in the last game we beat Russia easily. Russia did not have their first choice strikers but the defenders were the best of the team and we created several chances while the szbornaja had 0 clear-cut chances.

Edit: Csoboth Kevin will probably be called up too from Benfica B. I hope I'm not jinxing it but we seem to have depth.

Well.it definately seems like your football is back on track after so many sufferings. I hope we get there once aswell

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
I forgot to mention the ones who will go back to the U21 but are currently senior NT members.
There are 5 players in the senior NT currently eligible for U21 matches, these are:
Szoboszlai
Szalai (Attila, not Ádám)
Bolla
Schäfer
Szőke

Of those five three will probably participate in the U21 if you ask me.
Bolla - a regular at MOL Vidi
Schäfer - a regular at DAC (Slovakia)
Szőke - a regular at Hercules (Netherlands)

I guess that's the whole list. Sorry for being too long.

But I heard you guys have exciting youngsters as well besides Hagi. Where are they located?

·
Registered
70,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,391
Our players are mainly from the Romanian league. I don't think the big stars Coman and Man will be called (they should go with the seniors at least). We'll see about Hagi. Now I consider him more a U21 player than a player for the senior team.

So the most exciting player will be probably Mihaila (Parma), who was impressive in the qualifiers. Morutan and Olaru (both FCSB) are players to watch.

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
@Dandeer there's Dragusin, CD who made his debut for Juventus, Marius Marin a very good DM that plays for Pisa, Tudor Baluta from Dynamo Kiev and Dragus from Crotone. But the best players outside of Mihaila, asGica mentioned, still play in Romania

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
Our players are mainly from the Romanian league. I don't think the big stars Coman and Man will be called (they should go with the seniors at least). We'll see about Hagi. Now I consider him more a U21 player than a player for the senior team.

So the most exciting player will be probably Mihaila (Parma), who was impressive in the qualifiers. Morutan and Olaru (both FCSB) are players to watch.
Considering the seniors have 3 games, a Morutan-Ianis swap should't be out of the question. On his current level Morutan deserves a call

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,616 Posts

Nice, I underestimated you guys a bit but I’ve heard of Balogh for sure, and the others sounds interesting with good potential

Is Schön half Austrian or something? Interesting name
Let’s see how Butka and Kiss do, I’ve seen Butka’s name before somewhere but haven’t watched..

For us, considering Man and Coman almost certainly won’t play in the groups (I hope we surprise again though and get to knockouts, would be so cool to have them too), Mihaila would be the clear star. He’s been out for awhile since he arrived at Parma due to a pubalgia / sports hernia surgery, but should be in the ream and hopefully featuring soon. He’s scored like 5 goals in 6 games (a few weren’t even full game) plus an offside goal, a polyvalent beast on the wing and very quick, just hope he can stay consistent and beef up a bit

Morutan is another big one, hard worker, very skillful and good vision and passing.

Olaru, Matan, Ciobanu, T. Baluta, Dragus can all be quite good on their day, and hopefully solid Pascanu who plays in LaLiga2 right now can be there, and Dragusin at Juve quite young but let’s see how it goes for him as he debuted in CL last week

Petrila is a very excited talent on loan at Sepsi from CFR btw, really special player imo who CFR rejected 500k from Sampdoria awhile back. So intelligent and skillful imo, and an eye for goal, although not as experienced as the others. I do hope he gets to a bigger league in the next 1-2 seasons though

Ianis Hagi is a big name, but hasn’t been in great form this season. He finally started again in EL and scored, I hope he keeps his confidence and continues to grow, as he does have some ability and definitely great vision

Yeah, another swap is possible too like Rumaniac said..

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,616 Posts
If Octavian Popescu keeps it up he should definately make it to the Euro
Yeah good shout, he’s an amazing talent, I can’t believe we let him go like with Vlad... although at least with Vlad we made something.. shameful by Rotaru...

Cirjan is another one but it might be too soon for him, we’ll see where he’s at then and our other options

22yo Dragomir still plays off the bench some games or at least not full games when he does start, in Serie C.. that’s worrying. Marius Marin, Baluta, Sut id consider for DM. Morutan Ciobanu Cirjan Itu as CMs, perhaps.

Reactions: The Rumaniac

·
Registered
70,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,397
Cirjan won't go to this tournament. His tournament will be the next one, no need to burn steps with him when we have other options. And now we know for sure that the next generation will have their chance too.

·
General Iordanescu
29,731 Posts
So let's try to see who can go to the U21 Euro. I assume Man and Coman will go to the main NT, but who knows.

Vlad
Aioani
3rd GK

Harut
Ratiu
Pascanu
Ghita
Chindris
Dragusin
Boboc
Oprut?

M. Marin
T. Baluta

Olaru
Ciobanu
Morutan
Dragomir?
I. Hagi
Costache
Mihaila
Matan

Dragus
Adi Petre

Who would you add/remove? Who am I missing?

Oct. Popescu, Dobre, Ganea, Dulca, Simion, R. Grigore, Ciobotariu can be on the waiting list.

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
Petre and Dragus need games. So far Costache would be the "striker"

Octavian Popescu has to be starter, let alone in the squad. He can replace Man without problems. He can also play on the center if needed. I don't think we can miss a player that can change games on a final tournament

I'd call Dobre, even when he didn't play on the qualies. Instead of Dragomir, we are well covered there

Vladoiu on the right, Boboc and Harut can cover the LB position. Oprut is a liability

My list:

Vlad
Aioani
Popa (Astra)

Vladoiu
Ratiu
Pascanu
Ghita
Chindris
Dragusin
Harut
Boboc

Marin
Sut
Morutan
Hagi
Olaru
Ciobanu

Oct Popescu
Dobre
Matan
Mihaila
Costache
Petre/Dragus

·
General Iordanescu
29,731 Posts
Petre will surely get games at UTA, what form he'll be in is still a question mark, though...

And yes, Popescu could be our RW, we are still weak in that position. Would you also let Baluta go to the main NT, like Hagibest was saying? Or just out because he's not been playing much?

6381 - 6400 of 6421 Posts