Morutan
Olaru
I.Hagi/Campanu
Mihaila
Matan

Costache
Dragus
Petre/Ganea

We can't jeopardize our WC options either. Man and Coman to the senior team, and maybe Ianis too.

A different thing would be if we reach quarters. There we can go with our best squad.

·
General Iordanescu
29,936 Posts

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
I never found Ianis to be that good....not even at the Euros...he has talent no doubt but to me it always seems as if he is still playing youth football. He has to "grow up".

I can't believe there are Romanian fans disgusted by what we did in the last minutes. After so many qualifying rounds missed in stupid fashion, we couldn't risk this one. Some people don't understand this.
Funny thing is those wouldve been the first ones to criticize the team if they would've continued attacking and conceded late...."Why can't you defend a draw for a few more minutes!!! Why do you leave the defense completely open!! A draw was enoug!!!". Clowns...

Plus, I want us to be at the level of Germany, Spain, Brazil. These teams don't behave like this. They win even when they don't have to.
Eh, I don't know about that...if a big country is leading in a very important game and conceding 1 goal means they are out, you'll definitely see a change of game plan, wasting time, not taking risks, not playing for another goal....this today was a more extreme example but it was also a very special situation. Small and big teams/countries have done the exact same thing in the past. It might not be pretty or heroic but at the end of the day results/winning/qualifying is the main target and every strategy is "fair game" as long as it doesn't break a rule. If Denmark decides to stop playing and more or less offer qualification on a plate (in the last minutes) it would be silly to risk everything and run into a counter attack

A Romanian youth NT qualifying twice in a row....what a time to be alive! Good job boys!

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,730 Posts
Reactions: NoName

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Pot 3 for the U21. How unfair. It'll be very hard to get past the groups

URNA 1
Spania
Germania
Franța
Anglia

URNA 2
Italia
Danemarca
Portugalia
Țările de Jos

URNA 3
ROMÂNIA
Croația
Cehia
Rusia

URNA 4
Elveția
Islanda
Slovenia
Ungaria

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,730 Posts
Damn.. unless we get to host in group 1

·
Registered
70,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,351
Why Germany?
In qualifiers they were weaker. I was judging only by results, as I never saw them. Belgium beat them in both games (incredible they didn't make it after that).

Spain is not so good as in previous tournament. They even have some problems to score goals. I don't want England because we can't beat them eternally.

Netherlands and Portugal were impressive in the qualifiers.
Very important to avoid Switzerland in the last pot.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,730 Posts
The squad I would want for the group stage (as of now):

Vlad
Aioani
Axinte

Harut
Vladoiu/Ratiu
Pascanu
Ghita
Chindris
Ehmann/Dragusin
Boboc
Oprut

M.Marin
T.Baluta/Sut
Dragomir
Ciobanu
Morutan
Olaru
I.Hagi/Cimpanu/Cirjan
Mihaila
Matan

Petrila
Petre
Dragus/L. Munteanu/Ganea

Man and Coman for Hagi/Cimpanu and Matan respectively if we reach QFs

If we miss one of the main LWs like Mihaila or Matan, Petrila (also can play CF) and Baiaram should be considered..

No Costache, Ciobotariu, Itu, Carnat, Casap, please...
We can do better than these

Ehmann has been doing very well at Dinamo, not sure why he’s being ignored even in a crisis. Dragusin is a big guy and seems to be favoured by Pirlo, he should also be considered by then although let’s the club situations of these players in March too (and hopefully no injuries or covid but..)

I’d take Petre, Petrila, even Louis Munteanu right now over Costache in the squad.. the guy can run ok but he’s a terrible footballer let’s be honest. He ruined so many good attacks vs Ukraine and Denmark, even if he managed to score the crucial goal vs Denmark with a lot of work from Morutan

I also wish we had Radoi still managing the U21s, Mutu has potential but some of his decisions annoyed me, I think we played quite better under Radoi in the qualifiers. But I should give him benefit of the doubt, maybe he will surprise us next year too

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
The squad I would want for the group stage (as of now):

Vlad
Aioani
Axinte

Harut
Vladoiu/Ratiu
Pascanu
Ghita
Chindris
Ehmann/Dragusin
Boboc
Oprut

M.Marin
T.Baluta/Sut
Dragomir
Ciobanu
Morutan
Olaru
I.Hagi/Cimpanu/Cirjan
Mihaila
Matan

Petrila
Petre
Dragus/L. Munteanu/Ganea

Man and Coman for Hagi/Cimpanu and Matan respectively if we reach QFs

If we miss one of the main LWs like Mihaila or Matan, Petrila (also can play CF) and Baiaram should be considered..

No Costache, Ciobotariu, Itu, Carnat, Casap, please...
We can do better than these

Ehmann has been doing very well at Dinamo, not sure why he’s being ignored even in a crisis. Dragusin is a big guy and seems to be favoured by Pirlo, he should also be considered by then although let’s the club situations of these players in March too (and hopefully no injuries or covid but..)

I’d take Petre, Petrila, even Louis Munteanu right now over Costache in the squad.. the guy can run ok but he’s a terrible footballer let’s be honest. He ruined so many good attacks vs Ukraine and Denmark, even if he managed to score the crucial goal vs Denmark with a lot of work from Morutan

I also wish we had Radoi still managing the U21s, Mutu has potential but some of his decisions annoyed me, I think we played quite better under Radoi in the qualifiers. But I should give him benefit of the doubt, maybe he will surprise us next year too

I agree about Ehmann. Every time I watched him he looked very secure. I don't have a problem with Ciobotariu tough. He is N1 on headers in Liga I for example. If he plays at CFR then he is a good option.

Costache will be called for sure. It would be great to have a real striker, it depends a lot on Petre's form. A lot can happen in 4 months, we'll se how the foreigners Mihaila, Hagi (both could be with the seniors) Petre, Baluta, Dragus, Dragusin, Ratiu, Munteanu and why not even Cirjan are doing by then for example.
It's important that the ones that played last year are present, experience counts a lot (Baluta and Petre for example)

Regarding the Liga I players, Cimpanu hasn't done much so far, neither has Petrila. Anyone in good form could take their places

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,730 Posts
Haha, a bit bitter about the ending last season maybe

But more than that, I think they’ve gone downhill in recent years since they hired Bilasco and the likes of Iulian Muresan and Zamfir left... these guys helped to build the great CFR of 2008-2013, Bilasco is there probably just because of Petrescu but he is terrible at finding “bargains” like 34yo Lato, Carnat, Debeljuh, Vojtus, Balgradean Lol... all downgrades on the players they used to have.

Not to mention that Dumitru Cardoso and Bus openly stated they’d be open to joining CFR and wouldn’t have cost more than some of the guys mentioned above...

The owner Varga doesn’t help either in terms of investment I guess, although I suppose Petrescu finally decided to stay because he agreed to give him some money for winter transfers? I don’t know..

And also their youth... they could do a much better program imo. At least if their first team signed better bargain foreigners, or even just better Romanians, might not matter but...

The funny thing is despite the fact I don’t like the young players mentioned, I like a couple of their loaned out players very much, like Pascanu and Petrila — both great futures imo, hopefully elsewhere.. Petrila is a special kid, and we all know about Pascanu

And ok, maybe I’m a bit harsh on Ciobotariu and he is decent in the air you could say, but still doubt he will be better than average in future

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
I think Itu is an Interesting player. He just turned 20 and he seems like a complete midfielder. A good physique aswell. Very hard to make room at CFR and he still managed it. For the U21 he hasn't done much, but he can even play on the next campaign aswell

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,730 Posts
That’s fair, I just don’t think he is anything special so far but I maybe haven’t seen him as closely or as much as you have to notice that potential

The thing with CFR is Petrescu has tried to use several wingers as midfielders already since Djokovic is basically the only (good) natural midfielder left lol

The new signing Soares is more DM

I guess Itu should play more, but CFR should be looking to buy a CM and a winger in winter. Like those two from KuPS, Sale and Boateng. Seems unlikely now though

One thing’s for sure, I don’t know how Costache has fooled so many coaches, even me early on.. he seems a decent enough person but as a footballer... we need better, man. His agent is Ioan Becali btw

Reactions: The Rumaniac

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
And there's a good chance we'll organize the 2023 U21 Euro. I think that's Dragusin and Cirjan generation.
Really? Next one should be from 2000 up. Mihaila, Itu, Petrila can make it, for example. Of course everyone younger aswell (Munteanu, Dragusin, Perianu, Cirjan) It could be an interesting team

6341 - 6360 of 6421 Posts