Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CFR CLUJ vs VIITORUL

Or in other words, Dan Petrescu against Gica Hagi.

Match will be played on Saturday, 20:00.

CFR has 3 Supercup titles (2009, 2010 and 2018). Viitorul lost the only Supercup they played, against Voluntari in 2017.

·
Registered
69,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Something tells me CFR is more competitive than past season. Now with Petrescu and some of the new players, maybe they won't fail in Europe the way they did past summer.

This game will be a good chance to see what some youngsters from Viitorul can offer us.

·
Registered
69,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Among the new faces at CFR are: Rondon and Luis Aurelio (both from Gaz Metan), right back Susic (Sheriff), Andrei Burca (Botosani), midfielder Michael Pereira (Malatyaspor) and defensive midfielder Yacouba Sylla (Stromsgodset).

Abot Viitorul, the most interesting is the comeback of Gabi Iancu, who is scoring goals in friendlies and I think will be starter in this match. Steliano Filip, Ammari and Keyta (all from Calarasi) are other new players.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,722 Posts
@GICA nice breakdown, also Dulca :) though he may be on the bench for this
@The Rumaniac
I agree, this CFR team may not be the same one that did so well in CL years ago but definitely seems already a fair bit better than the choking one early last season, but let’s see how these new players do. I trust Petrescu as a results coach at least.

I’m worried about Craiova again.. we need to make better replacements, although we are still good in some areas. We need a lot more.

Also seems like Gigi is serious about investing this season too, hopefully he builds a good team with guys like Benzar leaving (De Nooijer replacement?). Oaida seemed in a good situation despite what we always say about our youngsters at FCSB, and think Morutan will get more chances again this season, thanks especially to the U21 rule.

And of course our beloved Viitorul, with several departures but already a good replacement for Baluta in Dulca, and some others. What’s most important is most of the best youngsters in the team getting minutes and that’s what Viitorul is about, it would be lovely to see another performance like against Vitesse but with more luck, maybe against a less tough side but it’s not so easy to get into EL stages with so many young players.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,722 Posts

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
Gigi hasn't invested much actually...Roman will be their left back. I see another failed season for them, specially with Becali as coach. Too bad for Man, Coman, Morutan, Nedelcu and such...

·
Registered
69,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Gigi is stupid, because he can sell Man & Coman for near 20 M in total, and use that money to get a couple of good U21 players and some interesting foreigners (you need a decent scouting too, something FCSB lacks). That's the way of growing as a club. Get money and re-invest.

Compare Shakhtar Donetsk to this club called FCSB.

·
Registered
25,378 Posts
As long as Gigi is at FCSB, the club won'to go far. He can't stand anything, even his own club, shining more than he does and will bring everything down in order to always be in the center of attention.

·
Registered
69,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
“Tucudean nu are nicio problemă. În pregătire a fost foarte bine. Nu s-a plâns de nimic. Eu ştiu că e posibil să joace titular şi că va merge şi la Astana. Dacă voi ştiţi altceva...”, a fost răspunsul lui Petrescu.

Antrenorul îi pregăteşte o surpriză lui Gică Hagi şi va folosi doi atacanţi în Supercupă, pentru prima dată de când antrenează CFR. Dintre Rondon şi Ţucudean se va alege perechea lui Omrani din ataca. “Mâine noi jucăm cu doi atacanţi. La meciul cu Viiitorul vom juca cu doi oameni în atac. Rondon a venit bine, a făcut un cantonament foarte bun şi va juca sigur în următoarele trei meciuri. Să vedem în care va fi titular”, a spus Petrescu.

Remember that this Tuesday CFR will play in Kazakhstan for the CL preliminaries (16:00 Romanian time).

·
Registered
69,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CFR Cluj: Arlauskis - Peteleu, Vinicius, Mureşan, Camora - Bordeianu, Djokovic, Itu - Deac, Omrani, Costache
Rezerve: Vâtcă, Burcă, Păun, Susic, Culio, Țucudean, Petrila

Viitorul: Tordai - Mladen, Ţîru, Iacob, De Nooijer - Houri, Artean, Vînă - Ganea, Mățan, Iancu
Rezerve: Cojocaru, Bas, Tîrcoveanu, Leca, Calcan, Achim, Pitu

·
Registered
69,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
0-0 at HT.

Matan started really active, was dissappearing later. Good movements by Ganea, and by Costache at CFR.

·
Registered
69,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This was a positive match for Matan btw. I think his importance will grow once Ianis leaves. Very good Calcan too.

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
This was a positive match for Matan btw. I think his importance will grow once Ianis leaves. Very good Calcan too.
He should be Ianis replacement both in Viitorul and the U21. He has huge talent, but apparently went trough some porblems last season. I hope he is past them cause he has great potential

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
To Petrescu: I guess the U21 rule isn't that bad for football. :D
Iordanescu Jr made some more sense and complained that there aren't valuable kids and that they are now being overpriced. That the work should be put in developing youth sistems.
Clearly that's a result of the non existant youth policy from recent years. They can't expect to live from free foreigners. And if there is no pressure it's been proven beyond doubt that all go for the supposed short path, but the lack of fans in the stadiums, european results and economic collapse of clubs show that it is not working their way

·
Registered
25,378 Posts
As of next season, things will start to look different seeing as the clubs will be obliged to have decent youth systems.

Speaking of Viitorul, it will be very interesting to see them play with both Lyes Houri and Matan, two fast and technical players.

·
Registered
69,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Speaking of Viitorul, it will be very interesting to see them play with both Lyes Houri and Matan, two fast and technical players.
In fact one wise decision by Hagi as coach was placing Houri in the midfielders line. He plays very comfortable there, at least in the local league.

They really need a good RB.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts