Xtratime Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a list and a glimpse into the future of Romanian football.

1) Adrian Mutu (Inter) - Forward, 21 yrs old, can play behind strikers as well.
2) Marius Nicolae (Dinamo Bucuresti) - Forward, 18 yrs old.
3) Catalin Munteanu (Salamanca) - Central Midfield, 20 yrs old.
4) Alin Stoica (Anderlecht; Midfielder, 20 yrs old.
5) Cristian Chivu (Ajax) - Left Back, 19 yrs old, can play central defender, sweeper, or even defensive midfielder.
6) Bogdan Lobont (Ajax) - Goalkeeper, 22 yrs old.
7) Erik Lincar (Steaua Bucuresti) - Defensive Midfielder/Midfielder, 21 yrs old.
8) Florentin Dumitru (Steaua Bucuresti) - Defender - 22 yrs old.
9) Bogdan Mara (Dinamo Bucuresti) - Forward, 22 yrs old.
10) Florin Cernat (Dinamo Bucuresti) - Midfielder, 20 yrs old.

Any questions about the specifics of these players I'd be happy to answer, but right now I'm too lazy to type some info about these players. ;)

· Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hehehe giani :)

The latest with Stoica is that he extended his contract with Anderlecht until 2002. So probably won't leave until then. He thinks he needs more time to develop and I think next season Anderlecht is going to play him way more.

As for Munteanu I really hope he finds a decent club that doesn't have to battle to get into the Primiera Liga. And we're not talking Levski ;)

· Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
David Bucur:

Hmmm, no I did not know that this Sparlea guy plays for the Lazio reserves. Is he a up and coming prospect or has he been there for a while now?

Also, I think it's good for Vladut Munteanu to go to a bigger club in Romania, he will shine. What do you think?

· Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
giani: Dinamo will take the title almost surely. They got 2 new young players which are very good. They still have most of their team, and I don't see a reason why they won't win it.

argentina: The Romanian keeper is on the reserve TEAM, which is different than the main team.

· Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kevin:

Well he is projected to be the replacement for Hagi. This guy has all the technical skills, but may lack psychological motivation. He has a chance to become a very good player, maybe even a great one.

· Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kevin:

Belive me this Munteanu is just one out of 2 next Hagi's, the other is Stoica as you said. I am not including Mutu to this list because I think he is going to stick to being a forward. Anyway, can you tell me what 3 players you gave for him and was there money involved?

What are the chances of him being a starter next year anyway?

· Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kevin:

Well I just found out that that Munteanu was sold for 3.6 million dollars plus those 3 players going to Salamanca. So considering that the 3 players traded for him have a value of apporoximately 10 million (my calculations) plus the 3.6 million; this would make Munteanu worth around 13.6 million dollars. Not bad for a second division player. :)

· Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Found out from a Romanian newspaper called Prosport (www.prosport.ro). It's very reliable. I think he was worth it based on his performance last year with Salamanca. But we'll see how he performs with Salamanca this next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.