2010: Cristian Chivu
2011: Lucian Sanmartean
2012: Raul Rusescu
2013: Vlad Chiriches
2014: Lucian Sanmartean
2015: Costel Pantilimon
2016: Nicolae Stanciu
2017: Constantin Budescu

We'll give 3, 2 and 1 point to three different players. Obviously the only requirement is they have to be Romanians (it doesn't matter if they play in Romania or abroad).

In 12 days, the voting will be closed and I'll count the points of every player. In the case of a tie in the first place, the winner will be the player with more '3 points' votes.

·
Registered
69,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This was the ranking of past year:

Budescu 17
Tatarusanu 12
Marin 4
Radu 3
Baluta 2
Andone 1
Mitrita 1
Deac 1
Nita 1

·
Registered
69,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ranking by number of awards:

Adrian Mutu 2
Cristian Chivu 2
Lucian Sanmartean 2
Cosmin Contra 1
Adrian Neaga 1
Mirel Radoi 1
Nicolae Dica 1
Dorin Goian 1
Razvan Rat 1
Raul Rusescu 1
Vlad Chiriches 1
Costel Pantilimon 1
Nicolae Stanciu 1
Constantin Budescu 1

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,790 Posts
1. Razvan Marin
2. Alexandru Mitrita
3. Andrei Radu

Tatarusanu, Andone, Stanciu, Tucudean were all close in my mind too.

Marin is simply our best player for club and among the most important in the national team, and also one of our only who consistently plays at a decently high level and in a difficult position. High IQ player.

Mitrita has had a mostly fire year with Craiova, some explosive games this season especially, and some very nice moments with the national team.

I really wanted to get Andrei Radu in this top 3 somehow for his amazing performances with Avellino, Genoa, and the U21s in very high pressure and high level games. At such a young age, despite just missing on the cut off for Young Player of the Year, he still deserves a chance here for all he’s done already. Exciting talent and a natural leader.

Florin Andone would have easily made the podium for me if he wasn’t injured for so long and didn’t have such a poor situation in the NT for so long. Hopefully he fits in the system soon, he still makes the list as he scored in the La Liga and Premier League this year, and has some good performances in general against some very good sides in the two strongest leagues in the world. This is something none of our other players right now can really boast.

Tatarusanu has been a class act for Nantes in Ligue 1 and the NT throughout the year. Very consistent and reliable player, with some amazing stats in Ligue 1 and important saves for the NT. I wanted Radu to edge him out for other reasons, though.

Stanciu had some brilliant games for the national team and key goal scorer and chancer for us. Can change games on the blink of an eye on his day. Shitty that he still plays in the Czech league and seems to not be that active, in terms of numbers at least, but we know his talent and he’s done enough to merit a mention for this year at least.

Tucudean, well, who thought he’d be here a couple years ago, I’ll accept his daddy’s money and throw his name in here though :D

In all seriousness, he had an amazing breakout year, not only some amazing numbers in Liga I but also proving important for the NT when called upon, not just once or twice, but actually a reliable enough striker in certain NT matches. Of course, he is not ideal and who we want for the future, but he is a much better option than Keseru for example. Also scored 4 goals in a match against Iasi. Really outperformed what we expected, and to be fair he really is a better player than some might think of him at first.

Congrats to these players on a great year!
And many others I’m sure I forgot to mention lol.

·
General Iordanescu
28,039 Posts
i'm thinking

Marin, Tatarusanu, Stanciu, Radu(Genoa) or even Tucudean. Andone won't make my list after 6 months not playing and no NT games in 2018...

Let's say

1. Tatarusanu -- solid performances for both club and country
2. R. Marin -- a bit disappointed in some NT games but has a good career in Belgium
3. Andrei Radu -- leader of the U-21s and quite decent performances in Serie A

Stanciu, Tucudean -- good for the NT but play in inferior leagues. Keseru great in Bulgaria :p

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,790 Posts
@forestasuceava

Fair enough with Tatarusanu, he’s done a lot of things right in the French league and for the NT. I know Andone hasn’t played for 6 months but he really got screwed and still played a lot of games in La Liga before the summer, scoring against the likes of Valencia and Villarreal, looked threatening against Real Madrid.

Then scores on first start for Brighton, does it again three days later, and looked threatening in 30 minutes against Chelsea. Poor guy did amazing for the luck he was given. We have no one else doing this on such a high level this year, except maybe we consider the keepers (even Serie A and Ligue 1 especially inferior to La Liga/PL).

But I see what you’re saying with the NT. It’s just unfortunate in my eyes.

·
Registered
12,555 Posts
@Hagibest you dreadfully lecherous neanderthal!!!! Such treachery...

1.Alexandru Mitrita(Hands down)
2.Razvan Marin
3.Tatarusanu

·
General Iordanescu
28,039 Posts
@forestasuceava

Fair enough with Tatarusanu, he’s done a lot of things right in the French league and for the NT. I know Andone hasn’t played for 6 months but he really got screwed and still played a lot of games in La Liga before the summer, scoring against the likes of Valencia and Villarreal, looked threatening against Real Madrid.

Then scores on first start for Brighton, does it again three days later, and looked threatening in 30 minutes against Chelsea. Poor guy did amazing for the luck he was given. We have no one else doing this on such a high level this year, except maybe we consider the keepers (even Serie A and Ligue 1 especially inferior to La Liga/PL).

But I see what you’re saying with the NT. It’s just unfortunate in my eyes.
I like Andone, just not PotY worthy this year IMO

·
Registered
12,555 Posts
Btw, how about fans of the year? Our lowest attendance has been higher than the average of any other team in Liga 1 :proud:

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,790 Posts
@pele10brazil

Sorry frate, I wanted to but these other guys doing so well in stronger leagues, Andone NT situation aside.

Mind you, Mitrita did really well in some games for the NT as well as having played Serie A and B in the past, he’s definitely a player for higher leagues.

·
Registered
12,555 Posts
@pele10brazil

Sorry frate, I wanted to but these other guys doing so well in stronger leagues, Andone NT situation aside.

Mind you, Mitrita did really well in some games for the NT as well as having played Serie A and B in the past, he’s definitely a player for higher leagues.
You've got some serious Craiova hyping to do before you are forgiven! :stuckup:

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,790 Posts
You've got some serious Craiova hyping to do before you are forgiven! :stuckup:

Universitatea Craiova is the greatest club of all time!!!!

Hai Craiova! Hai Studentii!!!

:D

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,790 Posts
I updated my ranking above. I may do so again before the deadline closes, but probably not. Anyway, you can see the timestamp :p

·
Registered
15,997 Posts
Mitrita definately the most exciting player to watch

But I think that for a Liga I player to get it you need:

-No "foreigners" doing well enough to be considered

-The Liga I player to have an outstanding contribution for the NT or for romanian clubs in Europe (that was the case with Budescu last year)

And the reason is that so many rom players fail abroad, so the ones that do well must be specially valued

-Mitrita did ok for the NT, but on the NL he was mostly injured. He deserves to be considered but others too

-Stanciu has some excellent NT performances, clubwise he was irregular and playing on an average league

-Tucudean same as Mitrita but also did quite well for the NT

-Radu with spectacular U21 performances, clubwise quite well too

-Tatarusanu, a very regular year, good for both NT and club, and playing at a high level

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,790 Posts
I agree with what you’re saying Rumaniac, even though it’s are improving, we still not have many playing regularly at a high level abroad. And I hate to have two keepers in the top 3, even though it’s probably most fair considering those criteria.. Mitrita isn’t a bad shout either, or Stanciu.

At the very least, Tucudean could win Most Unexpected Performer or Most Changed :D

Even Bancu, Deac, Nedelcearu had good years, but too far off to be among the close contenders imo. Maybe just Bancu.

Anyways, there’s still some time, I will sleep on it and maybe change again.. one thing is for sure, I’m keeping Marin and Andrei Radu in my top 3. I struggle between Tatarusanu, Mitrita, Stanciu, and even Andone (he is still remarkable given the shitty conditions he got with injury and our NT style until recently, scoring both in PL and La Liga!)

·
General Iordanescu
28,039 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts