2009: Razvan Rat
2010: Cristian Chivu
2011: Lucian Sanmartean
2012: Raul Rusescu
2013: Vlad Chiriches
2014: Lucian Sanmartean
2015: Costel Pantilimon
2016: Nicolae Stanciu

We'll give 3, 2 and 1 point to three different players. Obviously the only requirement is they have to be Romanians (it doesn't matter if they play in Romania or abroad).

In 12 days (30 December), the voting will be closed and I'll count the points of every player. In the case of a tie in the first place, the winner will be the player with more '3 points' votes.

Remember you have 12 days to think about it, no need to vote the first thing in your head.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,856 Posts
Same as you guys above, I may change before the deadline. But I'll go with:

Budescu, Marin, Tatarusanu

Baluta, Mitrita, Ionita, Nita, Benzar, and Ganea some notable mentions. Alibec would be there too if he hadn't slumped so terrible this season.

Didn't we also have a Young Player of the Year award in previous years? Lots of good choices there.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Radu Stefan for me. Higher player rating in Serie A than the likes of Franck Kessié, Nicolas Nkoulou, Sami Khedira, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Gianluigi Buffon, João Mário, Nikola Kalinic, Leonardo Bonucci, Lucas Biglia, Gianluigi Donnarumma just to name a few. The only player in the same tier for me is Tatarusanu.

So my ranking will be: 1.Radu Stefan 2.Ciprian Tatarusanu 3.Alexandru Mitriță

·
Registered
16,029 Posts
Didn't we also have a Young Player of the Year award in previous years? Lots of good choices there.
I think you created that one. It will be more interesting than the senior one

So my ranking will be: 1.Radu Stefan 2.Ciprian Tatarusanu 3.Alexandru Mitriță
Oh, we can pick non romanians that played in Liga I? Then Thereau gets my vote

·
Registered
16,029 Posts
As usual, it´s a hard choice, and not because of excess of good options

The players abroad were irregular. The ones that stood out were Andone on the first part of the year, and Tatarusanu and lately Marin on the second part. Andone´s status in la Liga is not to be dismissed, as it was a long time since one of our players achieved it. But his drop on the second part was huge, even when he managed some goasl and assists. Plus his performance for the NT is terrible.

Marin only started to perform lately, until november he struggled to start, let alone stand out. He wasn´t great for the NT either

Domestically we have a lot of names, but the question is always the same. How would they do on a higher level? Baluta, Mitrita, Ionita, even Tanase could be considered. But that´s why Budescu is the player of the year IMO. Because in Europe he was in great form, without him Steaua wouldn´t have qualified, for sure. And he was outstanding on most of the few games he had for the NT

1_Budescu
2_Tatarusanu
3_Andone

·
General Iordanescu
28,103 Posts
It's interesting to see Baluta vs Marin... I'm not sure, Baluta is very regular, Marin had some really good games lately. Both will probably be good NT players for a few years. Baluta didn't really get many chances to play on a high level... I think I will stick to my earlier vote, but I'll follow Virgil, with giving a honorable mention for Baluta.

So far Budescu leads with 17 out of 21 points. Tatarusanu 2nd, with 12 points.

·
Registered
69,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And the winner is...

:star: :star: BUDESCU :star: :star:

Budescu 17
Tatarusanu 12
Marin 4
Radu 3
Baluta 2
Andone 1