Xtratime Community banner

381 - 400 of 412 Posts

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #381 (Edited)
After the All-Time draft in the history forum I'm itching for a present day draft with active players based on their current form. And with posters from across the forum participating, not just us.

Im down for that and also @levis27 idea for Liga I players only.

The other interesting ones were youth and regional drafts, like Muntenia, Oltenia, or Moldavia. Maybe we do all three in one, but each round is a different region to pick from

Youth would be great but we would likely have to vote in years to come, which could be fun to look back on unless we want it to just judge on current ability and potential, how they’re doing currently if they’re playing first team football already etc.

Finally, there are still other eras we could explore, a 70s and 80s draft could be exciting, and I’m sure @virgil and @pele10brazil would appreciate a prewar draft too

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
yes yes....PREWAR!!!! :)

All of us except for Pele and maybe GICA would get destroyed by you though :D I guess we could always just do a bit more research first though :p

·
General Iordanescu
28,507 Posts
GICA:

Foresta:

Rumaniac:

Pele10brazil:

Virgil:

Hagibest:

Levis27:

JOSEDIN:

----------------Tatarasanu

Contra - Gaman - Balasa - Latovlevici

-----------Ghioane --Sabau

--------Dica - Miriuta - Grosav

---------------Lacatus

As I said before, I voted both on the measure of talent (offensive and defensive), as well as on achievements. Then, I added tactics and cohesion. Of course these latter ones are quite subjective.

As far as offensive talent goes, I rated:

Rumaniac 41/50
GICA 40/50
Levis 37/50
Hagi 37/50
Virgil 35/50
JOSEDIN 33/50
Pele 32/50

In defensive talent, it was:

Pele 35/50
Virgil 34/50
Rumaniac 31/50
Hagibest 31/50
JOSEDIN 28/50
GICA 28/50
Levis 27/50

Therefore I consider Rumaniac's team the most talented, followed by Virgil, Hagi & GICA. Pele, Levis and JOSEDIN bringing up the rear.

Achievements differed in ranges of scores, very much.

In offense,

Rumaniac got a whopping 77.5 points *no guesses as to why, but Hagi might have something to do with it*, whereas most of you were in the 30s (Levis being 2nd). Virgil was last with 21.5 points, because most achievements were in the Romanian League. Dumitrescu got most of these points for WC94 and titles with Steaua.

This was in the end enough for Rumaniac to get #1.

In defense, Pele got 58, Virgil 47.5 and GICA 41.5. The rest of you, 23 to 27. Belodedici and Petrescu vs Popescu was at first glance the main rivalry. Rat brought GICA up due to Shakhtar titles, and lots of CL experience.

Pele also got the most GK points, 18. Levis and JOSEDIN also did fine here, with the rest getting under 10 points. It's a bit more difficult with GKs, but some careers haven't shined (so far).

For tactics, I ranked the teams as follows:

Rumaniac, GICA, Pele, Virgil, Hagi, Levis, JOSEDIN (note this also ended being my final ranking).

I felt Rumaniac's team would beat most others and wasn't excessively offensive, despite the names. He used the players in their best positions, and I saw no reason to not rank him 1st.

GICA also did well with the chosen players, with a slight question mark on Trica IMO.

Pele, despite his choices not being my favorite (see the talent rankings) in offense, clearly started out with a good defense, which helped a lot. Some decent players and some runners. OK, but not outstanding.

Virgil's defense was also quite ok, perhaps Nanu a negative standout. Quite OK central axis, and despite what I said earlier, Dumitrescu had a very good few years despite never shining outside a Romanian team.

Hagi's positioning of Mutu was already mentioned. Basically no striker, a slight minus, enough to lose him a lot of ground.

Levis could feel unjustified because of his cool offense, but I don't rate the D at all, so it's a tough choice.

JOSEDIN was going to lose this round from the get-go.

Cohesion/Balance: stuff changes a lot here.

GICA I think has the most balanced team, no heads to clash.

I think Hagi did well here, I like that 4-3-3 as an idea. Mutu & Lupescu ordering people around just fine. A bit more focus on offense vs defense.

JOSEDIN's team was quite balanced, more so than others. Reason to give him credit.

Virgil also quite a good cohesion/balance... a clear leader in Popescu.

Levis' team: very unbalanced, but Moldovan, Adi Ilie, Craioveanu should work nice together, especially with Cernat's passing. Any game could end 4-3 or 3-4.

Pele: Don't rate his offense compared to others. Defense is great. Not a very expressive team.

Rumaniac: Lost a lot of points here; that offense deserves a better defense (sorry, but Radu didn't help ;) )

In the end, Rumaniac couldn't not win. GICA and Pele fought out for 2nd, Virgil and Hagi for 4th, and Levis and JOSEDIN to avoid last place. Couldn't give last place to a team with Ilie & Moldogol, tbh. The points helped because otherwise 2-5 seemed a wash. Not much between the teams. If I was looking strictly at players, I'd have probably given Hagi 2nd, Pele 5th.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #388 (Edited)

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #390
Yeah, sure, for active players only, you mean?
Yeah, that’s what I meant. You wanna be the one to setup the thread similar to how I did with this one? I can’t do it now aha

·
Registered
16,291 Posts
Wow, this was 2 years ago already? Of course I remember, it was fun

But current players, IDK. The options are a bit slim, and many players are a ? Regarding their future, hard to judge cause most of our good players now are very young

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #393
Wow, this was 2 years ago already? Of course I remember, it was fun

But current players, IDK. The options are a bit slim, and many players are a ? Regarding their future, hard to judge cause most of our good players now are very young
Yeah I agree, I’d just like to try it anyway aha, still think it would be fun

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #395
Would there be enough to choose from for that? But sure

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #397
Awww :( give it a little time, I’m sure we can at least a few back from the last one and maybe even some new face(s).

It was a good time guys come on !

381 - 400 of 412 Posts