Xtratime Community banner

Coach of the Year 2018

• Dan Petrescu (CFR Cluj/Guizhou Hengfeng)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Laszlo Boloni (Royal Antwerp)

• Gheorghe Hagi (Viitorul)

• Nicolae Dica (FCSB)

• Eugen Neagoe (Sepsi OSK)

• Mihai Teja (Gaz Metan)

• Dan Alexa (Dunarea Calarasi)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vote for the coach of the year in your opinion.

Previous winners:
Laurentiu Reghecampf (2013)
Cosmin Contra (2014)
Marius Sumudica (2015)
Marius Sumudica (2016)
Gheorghe Hagi (2017)

The voting will close in 7 days.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,911 Posts
1. Mirel Radoi
2. Cosmic Contra
3. Gheorghe Hagi

·
Registered
16,320 Posts
Razvan Lucescu is the only serious candidate aside from Radoi.

Radoi had few games but managed them wonderfully, and got something historical when most of our coaches would have choacked

Petrescu was champion woth CFR but then went to relegate in China

Hagi is the best manager, but not hia best year as coach

Contra did well, but not great

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,911 Posts
Mircea Lucescu didn’t have a very good hear with Turkey.

Razvan Lucescu has done really good things with PAOK, clearly better as a club manager than the way he did things with the NT....

Mirel Radoi is still top choice for me despite lack of games/experience, he’s clearly an important one for the future imo.

Contra good as you say, but not fantastic.

Boloni another solid candidate with his results in Belgium.

Petrescu did well with CFR but made a dumb decision, just as another great coach like Sumudica did by going to Arabia.

Hagi not a great year, though decent things with how young the squad that played in EL was, but still a very good coach.

Guys like Rednic, Multescu, Niculescu too inconsistent or weak results, even at Liga I level. The circus is not as bad as it used to be but not much better with some clubs.

I have to go with Mirel Radoi as my final vote.

·
Registered
69,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I vote for Razvan Lucescu. What an intense year for him in Greece. But PAOK under him became the best team in the country.

Radoi and Boloni were up there too in my considerations.

·
Registered
69,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Voting closed.

For some reason Hagibest didn't vote in the poll, which is the official way of voting, but he clearly expressed his intention of voting for Radoi. So his vote counts as any other.

Final results:

Radoi: 3
R.Lucescu: 2
Contra: 1

Mirel Radoi is the coach of the year 2018. If he somehow wins this award next year will mean very positive news.

Radoi is the second coach that wins this award after winning the Romanian player of the year award. The first was Contra.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,911 Posts
Hey @GICA, thanks for counting my vote. I’m almost always on mobile app which doesn’t seem to show polls, that’s why I didn’t know to use it. Sorry

·
Registered
16,320 Posts
Mirel Radoi is the coach of the year 2018. If he somehow wins this award next year will mean very positive news.

Radoi is the second coach that wins this award after winning the Romanian player of the year award. The first was Contra.

1: Absolutely. Next year will be a crucial year for him. I think this group of players is very strong, they have positive leaders, and a coach that seems very strong aswell, and that is a rare situation. They have a terrible group but also morw chances than any previous group of ours in a long time
I'd also like Contra to stand out next year :D

2: Interesting fact. It shows we are old aswell ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts