Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lidia Simon wins the marathon in the World Track and Field competition in Edmonton with a time of 2h26'01" ,second Japanese Tosa (2h26'06"). Bronze to the Russian Zakharova (2h26'18")

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Not to mention Szabo and Szeckly finished 1 and 2 in the 1500 M

BTW are they both Hungarian - Romanians? Their last names are definetely not romanian

·
Registered
590 Posts
Gaby Szabo is half-Hungarian and she married her trainer, also a Hungarian, although I seem to recall a statement of hers that she doesn't speak the language... maybe I'm wrong. Violeta's maiden name is 'Beclea', her married name is 'Szekely', so I suppose she's Romanian.

T

·
0 Posts
in sfarsit a castigat lidia aurul ca de cati va tot pe doi termina.
BRAVO LIDIA!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
da, bravo ei.

Romania was on the 7th place. Not bad for a small country who sent only 28 athletes :)

By the way, every medal Romania had was earned by women ... as always! Romanian women are much better than the men in sports.

·
Registered
25,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she wasn't pathetic, she was simply...exhausted!! that was because of the 1500 m races and the humidity (you can't even imagine how humid it is here!)

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Yah it's terribly humid here on the West Coast of Canada at the moment... I couldn't imagine how hot Edmonton was in the past few days, probably like a sauna.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts