Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
The only sure retirement after Euro2000 is Gica Hagi. His replacement is likely to be Catalin Munteanu, who is a very talented midfielder. Munteanu is currently the captain of the Under-21 team.

Gica Popescu and Dan Petrescu are going to cosider retirement after Euro2000 as well. If Popescu should retire, Chivu is likely to be his replacement :)

If Petrescu should retire, Florin Dumitru or Stelin Carabas are the ones who play his positions.

Keep in mind, I am not 100% familiar with these players' positions, so my predictions may be unaccurate.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And what about Stelea?
I thought he was going to retire too, so Lobont could be in goal for the next 10 years or so.

·
International
9,682 Posts
EclipsE,
I guarantee that Petrescu and Popescu will play at least until 2002. They even signed new contracts with their clubs.

And about Hagi, if he wins the title, the cup and the UEFA Cup + a good performance at EURO 2000, it is possible to play another year.

Considering that the keepers are retiring later, Stelea could play about 4 years.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, Stelea can play on for like 4 years, but he's not getting any better. Lobont is still getting better.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Hmm, David I highly doubt that Stelea would play another 4 years, maybe 1 or 2. He has said before that he wouldn't mind stepping down to let a new fresh breathe of air in goal (Lobont).

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bucur David, concerning the Ajax-keeper. Are you refering to Fred Grim, that would be a really bad example.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
chivu: I don't think David is saying that Stelea will be Romania's starting goal keeper, maybe a backup. But I still disagree with him playing 4 years because of statements he's made in the past about retiring.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you want to know?
He's still on the bench, but that's not because Grim is playing great. The last years it was always a traditon at Ajax that the reserve-gk played the last match, but I don't know if that will happen this year. I hope so. It would be even better if it will be the lst two matches.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
um, eclipse, there is no need to make racist remarks...someone can report this to the main moderator and he could just take you off of this forum...you want to joke, then do it in a humane way.

PIZDA MASI!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts