Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Happy pre-bday arionesei! Sa dea dumezeu un gol pentru Romania si zero pentru Franta! Can't wait for this one! I'm surprised it's in Constanta, I guess the result over Holland makes it our lucky pitch! Let's hope for no injuries to Mutu, Chivu, Radoi, Rat and Lobont or we'll die.

·
Registered
476 Posts
A very appropriate title. This one is huge.

France named their 22 man roster yesterday, which includes Ribery and Vieira being recalled.

Their team:

Goalkeepers: Steve Mandanda (Olympique Marseille), Hugo Lloris (Olympique Lyon)

Defenders: William Gallas (Arsenal), Philippe Mexes (AS Roma), Eric Abidal (Barcelona), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Bakary Sagna (Arsenal), Gael Clichy (Arsenal), Rod Fanni (Stade Rennais)

Midfielders: Patrick Vieira (Inter Milan), Jeremy Toulalan (Olympique Lyon), Alou Diarra (Girondins Bordeaux), Lassana Diarra (Portsmouth)

Forwards: Thierry Henry (Barcelona), Karim Benzema (Olympique Lyon), Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich), Nicolas Anelka (Chelsea), Yoann Gourcuff (Girondins Bordeaux), Sidney Govou (Olympique Lyon), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Florent Sinama-Pongolle (Atletico Madrid), Hatem Ben Arfa (Olympique Marseille).

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Damn their D looks pretty good with Gallas, Evra, Mexes and Sagna and Clichy all very good players. Midfield is very tough too with the Diarra's. If Ribery plays it will add a new demension to their game, so let's hope he will be a sub. I think Gouvu is now injured. But their forwards will be Henry and Benzema or Anelka even. Goian and Chivu will have their work cut out. I can't wait for this. I just want to see some goals from our boys!

·
General Iordanescu
29,571 Posts
Holy shit... Domenech also lacks MFs :pp

They're playing a 1-3-2-5 apparently :D

I just want to see who Piti calls up... It's going to be very funny, I imagine.

·
Registered
25,538 Posts
Piti's motto will almost certainly be: "Liberté, égalité, fraternité"

·
Registered
70,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn Banel was in a very good moment.

Injuries and bad form of some of our players can screw this game.

·
Registered
25,538 Posts
Maybe Piti will realize that Szekely is better and will have no choice but to field the Steaua player. Otherwise, between Banel and Szekely, Piti would have surely gone for Banel.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Chivu and Mutu have knocks. Great timing as usual. It feels like our back will be against the wall again! Arghhh

·
Registered
17,027 Posts
Damn Banel was doing really well, with his current form he was very important in such a game and i preferred him over Szekely.

We are having too many problems. We are one week away and Mutu, Chivu, Rat, Radoi, Lazar and Contra are not in their best physical form(i suspect some of them won´t make it to the game). Besides, Piturca is in his worst moment in the NT and he is less than inspired and the general atmosphere in the team is not good. Maybe a draw that leaves us with chances is the best we can hope for.

I´d like to see Muresan, Ogararu and Ghionea in the team and maybe Trica or Aliuta too. At least they are in form and we need players with confidence.
But i expect 2 Dm´s and Cocis and probably Petre on the right.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Oh yeah Radoi and Rat are in question too. So pretty much all our best players are not 100%. We really need an inspired game from our boys after weak performances in the first 2 games. And it won't happen without our best players. At this point I'd be more than happy with a tie.

·
General Iordanescu
29,571 Posts
Mutu will play.
Chivu will play.
Radoi will play.
Rat?
Contra will be able to play (virus).
Lazar?

All considering nothing more will happen... But something will probably strike.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
They will play, but their form is not desirable. We're going to need some good luck on our side for once.

·
Registered
70,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Codrea was changed in the 1st half of the Siena game. He´s probably injured.

·
Registered
70,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Codrea got actually injured.

Radoi will be out against France. He´s injured too.

I guess Piturca will call Lovin.

·
Registered
17,027 Posts
Missing Radoi is a huge blow. We needed him in this game. This is so mssed up, we are in a bad moment yeah but all these injuries will leave us out of yet another World Cup without being able to put up a real fight.

1 - 20 of 386 Posts