Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
I think even though Germany lost 3-0 to France last year, they have come back a stronger team. They beat Croatia in January, and Belgium last month. Historically we have the upper hand but I don't believe in that shit anymore. I think the next two friendlies will be losses, starting of course with this one.

Romania 0-1 Germany

Radoi, Dumitru, Dica and Munteanu are all suspended. This is a blow for us because our defence is shit anyway, and to have another out is very bad. Contra probably won't get called since he gets no playing time at Atletico, so Stoican will fill in for him again. The midfield shouldn't change a lot from the Scotland game, apart from maybe Mitea starting on the left instead of Cernat, who hardly plays for Dymano Kyiv. Seeing him against Scotland, I was quite impressed,; I don't know why Kyiv don't play him. :yuck:

I hope Bratu is still out and we call on Danciulescu. Mutu will obviously start, but with Ganea not doing so well, and Marius Niculae nowhere to be seen (does he play for Sporting) I don't know who will partner him.

As for the Germans, Ballack is always dangerous, their strikers aren't all that but they have a strong midfield. Pray to God that Jens Lehmann plays in goal for them. :howler:

·
Registered
918 Posts
I know Germany is a strong team but i dont see them beating us 2-0 in Romania unless we have a terrible day like against Denmark. Romania is an up and coming team. I think Romania wins 2-1.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Gonzo77 said:
I know Germany is a strong team but i dont see them beating us 2-0 in Romania unless we have a terrible day like against Denmark. Romania is an up and coming team. I think Romania wins 2-1.
I think we're going down actually. Nothing seems to be getting better and our main players are all out of form.

·
International
9,682 Posts
From GSP, the foreigners:

1. Bogdan Lobonþ - Ajax
2. Bogdan Stelea - Salamanca
3. Flavius Stoican - Sahtior Doneþk
4. Adrian Iencsi - Spartak Moscova
5. Cristian Chivu - A.S. Roma
6. Rãzvan Raþ - Sahtior Doneþk
7. Cristian Dancia - Torpedo Moscova
8. Ovidiu Petre - Galatasaray
9. Daniel Pancu - Beºiktaº
10. Florin Cernat - Dinamo Kiev
11. Adrian Mutu - Chelsea
12. Ionel Ganea - Wolverhampton
13. Marius Niculae - Sporting

Nota: în perspectiva începerii preliminariilor Campionatului Mondial din 2006, precum ºi a reintegrãrii în cadrul lotului lãrgit, este convocat ºi jucãtorul Cosmin Contra, de la Atletico Madrid.
Funny how Contra has been called up separately from the other 13. :eek:

No Codrea, no Adi Ilie.

Marius Niculae :thumbsup:

Dancia used to be a talent, we'll see how far his talent went now.

Let's see if Iordanescu will call Neaga or Caramarin for this freindly. They both deserve it. Who knows what a boost a call-up like this might be for them.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
David said:
7. Cristian Dancia - Torpedo Moscova

Dancia used to be a talent, we'll see how far his talent went now.

Let's see if Iordanescu will call Neaga or Caramarin for this freindly. They both deserve it. Who knows what a boost a call-up like this might be for them.
Dancia?? Never heard of him... What team did he play for in Romania?

I also hope Caramarin is given a chance. He is a natural talent and a fighter! :boxing::fero:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Never heard of Dancia, he'll probably get as much time as Danciulescu got last time. Along with Caramarin and Neaga.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
He's 24 years old as well(Dancia).
I am quite positive about this game, I see a 2-1 our way..I personally think the Germans are quite crap. The key to winning this game will be defending the headers very well since that's their main strenght.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
BaDaniS said:
He's 24 years old as well(Dancia).
I am quite positive about this game, I see a 2-1 our way..I personally think the Germans are quite crap. The key to winning this game will be defending the headers very well since that's their main strenght.
We are crap at that. I remember watching some qualifying game where we let the team through one-on-one about 3 times just from defensive passes.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
It does seem like things are especially bad right now. Our best players are not performing very well. Our defence is suffering because Chivu is suffering. The attack doesn't seem that much better since Mutu and Ganea are both underwhelming right now. Pancu seems to be playing well however. Adi Ilie might put in some good performances but he's still an unknown quantity to a large degree due to his fitness and intermittent motivation. Marius Niculae is in the doldrums. Hopefully some of the others that have been sidelined recently like Cernat, and the new prospects like Mitea could provide a positive spark that'll get the whole team playing well.

Anyway, this is football, especially for a disorganized organization like Romania!

If our boys are hungry and want to prove that we are still a force and Iordanescu gets the forumla relatively right, we might get a draw.

Hai Romania!

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Well, we've had times when individually our players were excellent and they played like crap for the national team.

Now it seems that individually players like Mutu and Chivu are not doing well, but the NT seems to be getting better (at least we keep winning all our friendlies which is a good start)...Scotland wasn't a pushover and Germany certainly isn't.

So it will be a good test and it will hopefully make players such as Chivu and Mutu rise to the occasion like they did against Scotland.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Marius said:
Well, we've had times when individually our players were excellent and they played like crap for the national team.

Now it seems that individually players like Mutu and Chivu are not doing well, but the NT seems to be getting better (at least we keep winning all our friendlies which is a good start)...Scotland wasn't a pushover and Germany certainly isn't.

So it will be a good test and it will hopefully make players such as Chivu and Mutu rise to the occasion like they did against Scotland.
Did I miss anything? Mutu did squat all game (understandable: he was injured) and Chivu got done twice leading up to their goal. In which way did they rise to the occasion? :confused:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Well this will be Mutu and Chivu's chance to show that they are still world class wont' it. So let us see if they rise to the task. Beating Germany soundly will do wonders for their confidence, and ours.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I don't want to sound like an asshole, but I hope we get a good beating. Personally, I don't like how our team is at the moment. If we win, it might get to thier heads.

In my opinion, the team needs some crucial changes. Maybe a good beating would wake them up :stress:

anyways, Hai Romania for Germany WC 2006 :fero:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
alex_3 said:
I don't want to sound like an asshole, but I hope we get a good beating. Personally, I don't like how our team is at the moment. If we win, it might get to thier heads.

In my opinion, the team needs some crucial changes. Maybe a good beating would wake them up :stress:
I don't know. It could work, but it would get me upset on the way! :(

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
If we are going to win this one Chivu better take his head out of his ass and quick! His recent performances have been very close to Laursen's or Zebina's... Acting like a clown and doing foolish mistakes..groan: He's the most essential part of our squad and we need him inform!

HAI ROMANIA!

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Raven said:
Did I miss anything? Mutu did squat all game (understandable: he was injured) and Chivu got done twice leading up to their goal. In which way did they rise to the occasion? :confused:
They usually "rise to the occasion" when they play for our NT.
Chivu scored from a free-kick (a bit lucky) but he scored.

The goal we received wasn't Chivu's fault. The pass wass in-between the defenders, and none of our players could catch the Scottish lpayer. Chivu could have fouled him from behind but he would have gotten a red and there would have been a penalty!

1 - 20 of 406 Posts