Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
International
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently the Romanian coach has opted as part of his strategy against Portugal to man mark the best player in the world, FIGO.

Well I don't know if this is necessarily the way to stop Figo. Personally I don't think he can be stopped, but by tightly man marking him, means that he'll see fewer balls. However Figo is clever enough to make great runs, and one on one I don't know anyone who can stop him.

But as you can tell, this game is going to be totally different than the English. It will be tight, tough, and artistry abound from both sides.

FORCA PORTUGAL!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
The beauty of it is that Figo isn't our only creative force in midfield. We also have Rui, JVP, bla bla bla...bring on those Romanians!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Man-mark figo? Is that supposed to scare us? Well in case the romanian coach has noticed, we have the best midfield in the world. So, if he decides to adopt a man to man defensive strategy, most prbably against Figo, our other playmaking superstars like Rui Costa and JVP, with all the extra space, will PUNISH the Romanian defense. I am banking on it!

My fellow Portuguese, and more specifically Marco, there is no NEED to worry. Hopefully what we saw against England in terms of finshing will carry us throughout the tournament, so our weakest link-striker- has been adjusted and solidified!!!!

VIVA PORTUGAL!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
IF OUR BACK LINE CAN STAY FOCUSED FOR A FULL 90 PLUS MINUTES..........WE SHOULD WIN 1-0. I THINK WE ARE GOING TO CONTROL PLAY ( SOUSA WILL HELP ) I FEEL WE ARE GOING TO MISS MANY CHANCES BUT WILL BE ABLE TO PUT ONE THROUGH..................... AGAIN THE KEY OF THE MATCH IS OUR BACK LINE...............FOCUS BOYS!!

·
International
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True..focus will be extremelly important...we don't want to be down 2-0 again. However the keys to this game will be our forwards. In those qualifiers we couldn't score, now we can. If Rui, Figo, Sousa, and JVP can create game up front, I trust Nuno to stick it in again. Also, Baia has yet to reassure me. I hope he does it in this game.

My prediction, and Boyz I was dead on the England game, will be 2-1 Portugal.

BTW at 22-1 to win and at 11-1 to make the finals I hope those "golden boyz" make me some money!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts