Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday, Romania held their final training session before heading to Belgium. A few things to report.

1) Stelea apparently got injured during the weekend match with Salamanca, he practiced for 30 minutes, and then he limped off. But should be fit for Germany.

2) Hagi said he is 100% going to play against Germany and that the injury he's got is not serious. Phew.

3) Ienei has said that the Romanian starting lineup still has 4 places that are still debatable. In my opinion 2 of them are in the defense, mainly Ciobi. In a move where Ienei could move Filipescu in the center and start Chivu on the flank. Another possibility is Belodedici starting instead of Ciobi. Another one of the spaces empty is whether or not Moldovan is going to start on forward with Ilie, it could be Mutu. The other I don't know.

To sum it up, the starting lineup against Germany should look like this:

_______________ Stelea __________________

Contra __ Popescu __ Ciobi ___ Filipescu

_______________ Galca ___________________

Petrescu ______ Hagi _________ (EDIT) Munteanu

___________ Ilie __ Moldovan ___________

I think the middle of the defense is the main problem right now. And despite all the criticism I think Ciobitariu is going to start against Germany because of the tall players he has to mark, given he is tall himself and therefore can compete with the headers.

[This message has been edited by EclipsE (edited 06-06-2000).]

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Well, Ilie seems OK :) so I'm going to be very pleased watching him since I haven't seen him in a while.
And where is Moldovan now? Is he in Germany?
And that old good Belodedici again :eek: ... C'mon guys I'm with you.
HAI ROMANIA!

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Uhm...Where is Munteanu?
And I just hope that Ilie-Moldovan will rock!
Can't wait for the match to start...

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
hmm, eclipse, i know you like petrescu, but i didnt think you would trust him to play 2 positions at the same time. he must be really fast. ;)

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the corrections guys. :)

giani_82: First of all thanx for the support once again! Belodedici is the oldest player in the Romanian squad, he is almost 36!!! :eek:

Moldovan is in Turkey's Fenerbache. He has been among the leading scorers for the past 2 - 3 years he's been there.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
That's what you get when you miss to buy newspapers for a large period of time.
I followed him up to WC'98 when he was in Coventry (not Germany), and then he ran out of my spectrum.
So for now you have settled the things upfront (that's good). :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
About the support, its our president who is responsible for it. You know we are desperate to build a second bridge to Romania over the river. So this guy comes one day and tells me I must settle the things up with the Romanians and here I go :eek: (kidding)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts